Smallville Summer Hiatus Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Admiral_Young, Jun 6, 2009.

1. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

those mad bastards have let Mischa Barton back ont he small screen.

I resent and am disgusted with how effortlessly attractive she is.

It's like some kind of cunning trick.

but as much as I want to hold against her, some one thout that that troll form Lord of the Rings would do well in a vampire soap.

God help the CW... Because no one else will!

2. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Fleet Admiral Admiral

^
    Isn't she supposed to be kinda :crazy: ?

3. Guy Gardener

Which only adds to the unfortunate allure, because crazy chicks are the best.

Some 20something drama about models living in a loft together. Ashton kutcher is attached as a producer, which means that he'll probably arrange for himself a walk through as a "lowly" extra, and than you see him the back ground eating crabcakes with no actual dialog and you're thinking "what the fuck?".

Oh the drama.

Shooting is already delayed, which has nothing to do with her mysterious hospitalization according to wikipedia.

I so preferred it when Autum Reeser took over on the OC as that blonde Dillhole's main squeeze. Her uphill battle to sexiness (From bloody annoying) was so little engine that could, that you couldn't help but cheer her along into Ryan's bed.

4. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

I've watched about two of the CC panel vids on YouTube, but not all. Has anyone heard if Allison is in all 22 like last season, or will she be absent from some?

5. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Micha Barton has always annoyed me...not sure why. For some reason I recall rumors that she was in the running for Lois Lane while Singer was casting Superman Returns. The Beautiful Life looks meh.

6. Guy Gardener

"Meh" to you and me is "squee" to a 13 year old girl.

Which is odd, since that should be Smallville's key demographic.

7. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

She checked herself into a psychiatric hospital yes

8. Guy Gardener

And the real difference between us and her is that Mischa can make a 30 year old hospital linen smock look good.

She definitely has the presence to play a dingbat like Lois Lane: The Early years, but my problem with Katey in her movie was that she just looked too young. Too young to play Lois, a mature Lois or a mother or a 5 year old who had also had time to juggle a career.

Margot may have been 30 when she made Superman, but she could have passed for 40 without much effort, not that she doesn't grow on a person as the movie continues.

9. Lookingglassman

Lookingglassman Admiral Admiral

I can honestly say I dont miss Smallville during its hiatus. I know what will happen when it does air: Clark and Lois flirt, but never come close to actually getting together. Clark continues to be all sensitive and does just enough to keep from becoming the man he is supposed to be. Oh, let me not forget about Lana, assuming she shows up in a few episodes he will be pining over her bla bla bla. This show is so predictable.

10. Guy Gardener

Your plan to enjoy the show is flawed. No sane bastard with an IQ larger than the length of their inside leg can enjoy Smallville as quality programming. It's like continuing to support a sports team that sucks just so you can tell them that they suck and question every fuck up and fumble they make with red faced rage. You show up with the rotten fruit and veges to chuck at the players on the field, it's not to often that half way though a game that some avid supporter of the Nicks just decides that it is then that he needs napsack stocked full of putrid tomatoes? Well, maybe he does, but he can't bring the tomatoes till next week.

These are some of the things I yell at my monitor/tvscreen while watching Smallville...

"KISS HER YOU DUMB BASTARD SHE LOVES YOU!!!!!"

"Behind you! It's an angry lesbian!"

"He's not dead! He's not dead! Shoot the cunt again!!!!

"Fly dumb ass fly! The dog can fly, why can't you?!"

"You're to good for this prick Chloe!! Go find Batman and smooch him!"

"You're too bloody young to remember those American Express ads? Duh! Train a Monkey to follow you around and take the Kryptonite away... Oh? CHLOE IS NOT YOUR MONKEY!"

and so on....

Last edited: Aug 2, 2009
  11. Broccoli

Broccoli Vice Admiral Admiral

Like a Cubs fan?

12. Rowan Sjet

Rowan Sjet Commodore Commodore

You truly are a wise man.

13. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

We watch the season premiere that ties up loose ends from last season then watch the second episode because there's still some loose ends.

By the third episode, things are nearly back to normal with some unrelated filler episode.

Mid season filler has everyone in a compromising situation..

Season Finale has everyone in a compromising situation.

Nine years of the same old same old.

14. Guy Gardener

I hate the unrelated third episode filler.

I remember watching Take Me Out To The Holosuit in DS9's seventh season with the new Dax and her Klingon widower were just chumming about as if all their emotional toil had been resolved between episodes.

15. Nick Ryder

Nick Ryder Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Well at least Clark has FINALLY freakin taken to wearing something resembling a costume/uniform! I wonder if he'll also take to vibrating his face so that he can't be photographed. Although I do hope they change all the black to add SOME red into it. I like the blue/silver \S/, suit almost feels like the "kryptonian regeneration suit" he wore after coming back during Reign of the Supermen. Maybe if the duster he wore was a sort of reddish leather. Could work. Or if he had a regular costume that he could wear under a civvie shirt and then just wear his red farm jacket over it. He apparently has many of that jacket for some reason! LOL

"Yeah hi, this is Clark Kent, I need to order 10 of LLBean item VSU29.9983. Yeah, size extra large, red. No not burgundy. Fire engine red. Yes. Alright. Yeah I do order a lot of those jackets. Its kind of a uhm... uniform. Yeah. Oh and can you have them with the flame retardant spray? Thanks. We uhm... do a lot of burning around here. Oh and I need the female version with the half jacket style yeah... for my cousin."

16. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Jesus Christ, were they showing those people the video while they were on a rollercoaster?!

17. Guy Gardener

I watched most of Street Fighter the Legend of Chun Li last night.

Hold me.

18. Rowan Sjet

Rowan Sjet Commodore Commodore

You have no one to blame but yourself.

19. StarTrek1701

StarTrek1701 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Why don't you just wash your eyes with sulfuric acid? Might be less painful.

20. Guy Gardener

There was a phone call. I missed the last 10 minutes.

I couldn't find the courage to push rewind after I had finished with real life.

Earlier in the day, I had watched Angel of death, a movie staring the stunt woman who subbed for Xena Warrior Princess during all the fighting for 7 years, just wailing on people.

This only made the constant camera cuts to hide the king fu mistress body doubles who were subbing for Kristen even more apalling if not obvious.

Though I think the voice overs where she talked about her destiny and the mysterious and noble quest atop a montage of the travel log of her wandering the streets of Hong Kong was about the worst.

But, at first sight, I could not help laughing my ass off about how much weight someone thought she had to lose to be good enough for straight to video clusterfuck like this? She looked like ET.

Though, it was still better than the Jean Claude Vandamn version.