Greg's Trek Ships and Things

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by STRenegade, Feb 27, 2013.

?

Favorite Era?

1. ENT

8 vote(s)
    6.2%
  2. Pre-TOS

15 vote(s)
    11.5%
  3. TOS

69 vote(s)
    53.1%
  4. TMP

48 vote(s)
    36.9%
  5. Lost Era

15 vote(s)
    11.5%
  6. Next Gen

21 vote(s)
    16.2%
  7. Next Gen (DS9)

18 vote(s)
    13.8%
  8. Next Gen (Voyager)

14 vote(s)
    10.8%
  9. TNG Movies

13 vote(s)
    10.0%
  10. Post NEM

13 vote(s)
    10.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. STRenegade

STRenegade Commander Red Shirt

Almost done with this section here. The middle area needs a few more detail then it will be done.
    [​IMG]

2. STRenegade

A bit of work done, as well as some lighting tests. Did some adjustments to the fabric of the bridge seats (synthetic leather). Redone crew chairs. Started the Engineering substation.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. STRenegade

Figured out why I couldn't keep working on the model. brought in the two cylinders that make up part of the secondary hull and removed a deck from the rim.
    [​IMG]

4. B.J.

B.J. Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I like it! :techman:

5. STRenegade

A little bit late but here she is. Redid the back ends of the nacelles so they feel more TOS-y; went for straight pylons as the swept felt to TMP-y; solved the deflector problem by making 2 pairs of deflector spires that sit just aft of the bottom sensor dome; and tweaked the saucer and phasers balls. still messing around the back top portion.
    [​IMG]

6. STRenegade

Something I had to get out of my head. Need to find a way to make the cockpit look good.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. STRenegade

Had to reposition the engine pods as the overall width of the vessel was more than I wanted. Named each one as well (after browsing for farmer names). Need to start the interior and adjust the textures so it's not all one solid color.
    [​IMG]

8. STRenegade

Some random concepts that I drew while at was Ft. Leavenworth that I roughed out a bit.
    [​IMG]

9. STRenegade

After a serious reevaluation, I decided to build the model from the inside out, similar to what Havoc is currently doing with the TOS Enterprise (although he built opposite of what I'm doing). Building it this way will allow me to make sure what I want on this ship fits appropriately. The top decks and rim decks have their outer braces in place, while the bottom decks still need to be done. The 6 cylinders sticking up from the top will denote access hatches to the outer hull of the ship. Only the rim decks and deck 2 have windows. The saucer is wider than the Constitution, but not as high because the top bulge has only 2 decks compared to the Constitution's 3 decks. Deck 3 (between the bottom of the bulge and the top of the rim decks) has its basic interior mapped out. Although its hard to tell here, there are tubes spaced out evenly among the braces; those will be part of the deflector/shield system.
    [​IMG]

10. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

With that Bevel edge to the saucer, I can see one of your bobcats docking to its side...

11. STRenegade

Was a little worried my bridge wouldn't fit, but it seems that won't be a problem. Glad I build everything to real world scale (meters).
    [​IMG]
    Roughed out how I think the torpedo launcher should work. I wanted it to largely automated with 12 preloaded torpedoes, with a belt fed system to keep the wheel loaded. The two inner rings rotate the torpedoes and also brace them against the outer two rings, which don't rotate and are only there for support (no one wants to play 52 torpedo pickup, now do we?). It does happen to cut into the deck above it, but that is not a problem.
    [​IMG]

12. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

That pyramid ship is going to get a lot of Stargate comparisons.

13. STRenegade

I only watched Atlantis. SG-1 never interested me.

The Renegade's new sensor dome.
    [​IMG]

14. STRenegade

Started to think about my old Uprising story and thinking about bringing it back along with my Black Guard story. For those who don't know, Uprising takes place between "The Best of Both Worlds" and "Star Trek First Contact" and is from the perspective of a Borg drone. As you can guess writing it from the drone's perspective is a pain in the mechanical ass, especially when the only emotions come from other characters encountering the Borg. Ignore misspellings and grammar errors; I'm a little rusty.

[​IMG]

15. STRenegade

And something slightly different:
    [​IMG]

16. STRenegade

Something I have been working on for a few hours. The cannon needs to be fixed, the lower left piece I pretty sure is not accurate, and the window canopy needs to be finished. I avoided doing the text on the studs as that seemed redundant.
    [​IMG]

17. STRenegade

Got a little done, not much.
    [​IMG]

18. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

Nice framework so far!

19. STRenegade

My concept for the Renegade corridors. shapes are not final. Hallway is wider than I originally planned but that's okay. On another note I had to rebuild the entire saucer skeletal structure because I mucked up the measurements a bit.
    [​IMG]

20. B.J.

B.J. Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Familiar, yet different. I like it! Although it looks like the mannequin is just about the same height as the door, unless that's an optical illusion.