Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

Discussion in 'Trek Gaming' started by daedalus5, Sep 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Yes, the skates are 'frosted boots' They act as skates on the ice of the Winter Wonderland only. Only cost winter currency items, no Zen/DIL.

No idea on your other question...

2. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

Is the Borg Boff a character unlock? In that case you should be able to send him to another character or sell it on the exchange.
    These officers are usually unique, so only one of teh same type can be used per character.
    However you can use a Borg Engineer and a Borg Science officer at the same time.

3. Captain Kathryn

Captain Kathryn Commodore Commodore

The thing is, I bought 2 of them with Zen. Not from an unlock. They were just called Liberated Borg Bridge Officers. So I used one of them at first and made them a Borg Engineer. Now I am left with this other Liberated Borg (unassigned to a field) in my inventory. When I try to use it, it says "Can only use one type of this character." :(

4. Timelord Victorious

Is the Officer bound to you?

5. Captain Kathryn

I found the issue... they are actually both "Liberated Borg Engineering Officers". I did not realize they were both engineering. So it only lets me have one of them. I guess if I chose 1 Borg Science and another Borg Engineering, it would let me. But since they are the same officer and same field, I can't use them both.

The one being used (Seven of Nine) is currently an active Bridge Officer, Lt. level. The one in my inventory is just in my inventory. Not sure if that means it's bound to my character or not? Just when I open up my inventory, the second one is there and it doesn't let me use it.

6. intrinsical

intrinsical Commodore Commodore

Try mailing it to yourself? Or if you have a shared bank account, you can try putting it there so one of your other characters can make use of it.

7. Captain Kathryn

Yeah I'll just try to find a way so my other character can use it. :( Oh well.

8. JRS

JRS Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I am bit confused about the comments in the official STO forums, about the new Mogh battle cruiser being OP and so on( and now all fed ships should have cloaking device?!? not good idea, IMHO).
    Personally I think it looks like a cool ship:) and certainly is about time that KDF gets a new ship, cause its been like..about two years since the previous T5 C-store ship, right?

I find it odd that some people want all ships, in all sides, to have matching stats + consoles.
    I actually prefer to have differences between the STO factions and their ships, makes playing them much more interesting:cool: I would in fact add even more unique gear to all three factions.

9. Timelord Victorious

Every new ship released is completely OP if the forums are to believed.
    Every
    Single
    One!

10. TheRoyalFamily

TheRoyalFamily Commodore Commodore

Always run. ALWAYS.

Anticipate your turns. Really, the bigger the turn, the sooner you turn. You can make a u-turn around a second or two before you actually have to turn.

If you really need to stop going in the direction you're going, either do a roll, or do a stuck jump (ie, jump, but don't be holding any movement keys when you land). Either of those will stop your momentum completely. The jump is harder to pull off, but it doesn't have as long as a downtime if you do it right (the roll stops you dead for a fraction of a second after the roll).

You can go "out of bounds" a bit, and on the curves especially. Just as long as you stay inside the flags, you'll be fine, and some of them you can actually go outside of (though I wouldn't suggest it). You can make the last couple of turns almost a straight line by going up the hills instead of around them. But a warning - the first or second curves are really strict on the boundaries. One of them was actually inside the flag, or at least it was last year.

Also, the boots make you go faster. This is more useful for the pvp race, where it can mean the difference between first place and third.

As long as you aren't poking along, you shouldn't have a single worry about the NPC racer. Heck, do it right, you can pass up the person racing in front of you :p

11. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Captain Captain

I recommend the Flurry (weapon). It's kind of like a 22 caliber Uzi. Doesn't have much wallop, but throws an almost continuous stream of snowballs.

My priority of purchasing winter items:
    Weapon,
    Frosted Boots,
    Scarf,
    Jacket

12. Rocketeer

It's not always who gets there first. It's who grabs the flags first. I've come in 4th and 5th on two different races and still got the 1st place flag. :lol:

13. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Winter Event needs a makeover for next year. Find myself already fading out on this one. Already had a gun, boots, and a jacket/scarf. The new offerings were just additional guns and new colors for the jacket (shouldn't have to grind to change color, don't on any other uniform). The mortar was the only really new thing worth having.

So I did the grind for the new character I made this year, and now he's all set too. Almost done with the ship, as I was carrying half an event worth of 8x10 photos from running basically every race last year. Swimming in xmas loot, just gotta finish the ship and then save pics for next time I guess. And doing the PvP race for free marks, that's the best benefit here.

Gingerbread colony was nice idea, but the reward is just a couple pieces of xmas loot, so no reason to grind it if you're already full up.

14. Capn Flukie

Capn Flukie Fleet Admiral Admiral

I had a lot of xmas stuff and I converted it all into GPL, enough to buy a couple personal holo-emitters, the borg drone and the Reman Psychic Mirage, which freaks people out. :lol:

15. intrinsical

intrinsical Commodore Commodore

Just a reminder that its Friday the 13th again, so Hearts and Minds is once again available.

16. Jean-Luc Picard

Jean-Luc Picard Lieutenant Red Shirt

I'm hoping that someone here can help me...

I've just passed the training section and am on the "Stranded in Space" mission - but suddenly, my ship's speed and turn rate has massively decreased. I've played around with all the settings to try and make it faster but it just stays at the same, ridiculously slow level. I'm finding it really difficult to actually destroy any attacking ships because I can't keep up with them...is this a glitch? Is it something I'm doing wrong? Any suggestions would be appreciated!

17. Aeolusdallas

Aeolusdallas Captain Captain

Did you take your impulse engine off of your ship?

18. Rocketeer

Has anyone picked up the Breen ships? What's your opinion? The choices are Warship (Tac Cruiser) or Marauder. Unless you tell me something good, I'm just saving my Q photos for now.

19. Ruaidhri

Ruaidhri Commodore Commodore

Ruaidhri...Toronto in body, Philly in spirit!
    I think the Chel Grett is a great ship. I ran with it on my Gorn engineer for at least 6 months after getting it last year and still go back to it occasionally.

20. Dixie Flatline

Dixie Flatline Lieutenant Red Shirt

I'm at 440 autographs on both my Fed and 'Ngon (that's my nickname for Klingons; it's gonna catch on big time, just you watch).

Gonna give my Fed the Marauder and give my Klink the Cruiser, I think. I have no ZEN ships.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.