Blu Ray Season 7 released on the 3rd of December?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by Praetorian, May 19, 2014.

1. Praetorian

Praetorian Captain Captain

While trying to find out why the Sixth Season isn't available for pre-order on Amazon Italy, I stumbled upon the following site http://www.stic.it/news/2014/04/16/la-sesta-stagione-di-the-next-generation-in-blu-ray-in-arrivo-a-settembre/ which, not only states the Sixth Season will be released in September (Yay...only three months late...), but that the Seventh Season will be released on December 3rd...

Tried finding confirmation of this, but to no avail.

If true, I know what Santa will bring in... (Too bad the Sixth Season won't be available for my birthday, unlike what I expected, considering the USA release date...)

2. jimbotron

jimbotron Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I wouldn't doubt it. With CBS-D flying solo, a six month turnaround between seasons sounds about right.

3. MickJo1701

MickJo1701 Commander Red Shirt

Only too happy to wait, we've seen what happens when these sets are rushed.

4. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

... then the real fun begins with the TNG project being over and major fan inquires about whether DS9 on blu ray is next. ;)

5. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

And then after that, we can see what about Voyager, which I think will look even more beautiful on Blu Ray, at least the Theme sequence.

6. jimbotron

jimbotron Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

If CBS-D gets its way and gets to work on DS9 and Voyager themselves on their own schedule, it could take until 2021 before everything is done (14 seasons, 2 seasons per year). That's if they get started right away.

2K is getting to be an outdated medium. It was already pretty outdated in 2011, but maybe that's all CBS could afford. I would hope DS9 and Voyager get 4K scans.

7. Lance

Lance Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Do all of the assets for the title sequence still exist? At least some of it was CGI wasn't it? :confused: At least with TNG the film elements are all still there.....

8. Reeborg

Reeborg Commander Red Shirt

Yeah Italy release dates are widely off from those of the other countries. I wonder if Enterprise S3&S4 BDs will be released with an Italian edition including Italian dubbing (hopefully Spanish too)???