How To Store a HUGE Comic Book Collection?

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by FalTorPan, Mar 3, 2012.

1. FalTorPan

FalTorPan Vice Admiral Admiral

My best friend has an enormous comic book collection. We're talking dozens and dozens of those long boxes. An entire bedroom is dedicated to storing them. He's been placing those long boxes on inexpensive but sturdy, plastic utility shelves, but they aren't the most efficient way to "pack" comic book boxes, and he's beginning to run out of space.

Does anyone have any serious recommendations -- aside from adding another room, renting an apartment for them, or quitting comic book collecting? :)

2. shivkala

shivkala Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I haven't bought any, but I've heard of systems like this one could work. They can stack and they are drawers, so you can have easy access to your comics.

3. FalTorPan

FalTorPan Vice Admiral Admiral

Thanks for the link. I've seen those at conventions, but I've been skeptical about their strength. Six high? Wow!

4. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

over ten years ago I built two sets of shelves out of firewood.

storing about 40 (short) boxes.

The wood was from shipping pallets, and the nails were already in the wood that i just pulled out with the other end of the hammer. Nothing was sanded, filed or measured. Works perfectly, you know except for the fact that I kept buying comics and now I really need a couple more to make my bedroom habitable by an adults standards.

Expensive thousand dollar answers aren't always ones go-to.