What is legal and what is policy.

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by PhotoM, Nov 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PhotoM

PhotoM Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Now I am not trying to start a debate with the mods or tell you how you should run your site. If it is your policy that you don't link the site to a bootleg trailer then so be it. I have had alot of experience with copyright in my business. In fact I have spoke to a few Senators on the issue when pertaining to my business and the organization I am with.

In the legal since no one on here should be posting pics from the trailer. Or direct links to a rapidshare like site that has the trailer for you to download.

In the law aspect there is nothing wrong with posting a link to a site that has on it trek content and the trailer playing. I know of a site that is actually a trek site similar to trektoday that has the trailer on it. I also know of youtube sites that has it. There is nothing law wise that is wrong with linking to it.

But like I said if it is your policy then its your site and it is cool. Just wanted to give my 2 cents;)
    Also with all the sueing going on with record lables and studios I can understand why you would Err on the side of caution

BTW great great trailer.

2. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

Please read here.

The board policy, as stated in the rules, is as follows:

Posting links to pirated copies of the movie trailer (or posting screencaps taken from it) before its official release falls under the part where it says "Any other copyright violations will also not be allowed."

Please do not do it.

Edit:

If you want to pursue the questions of legality or board policy further, I'd suggest that a thread in QS&F would probably be the best place to address the subject.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.