Daredevil back to Marvel Studios?

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Trekker4747, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

The movie rights to the Marvel character "Daredevil" revert back to Marvel tomorrow. So how long before we get an official MCU movie for Daredevil?

What will we see in a Marvel version of the movie?

I've never seen the Ben Affleck version as it gets panned a lot, so what would be different?

2. Fist McStrongpunch

Fist McStrongpunch Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'll just say that the director's cut of the Affleck version is quite nice.

3. FPAlpha

FPAlpha Vice Admiral Premium Member

I doubt he'd be included in the large movie universe, i.e. he'll likely not be in Avengers 2 but i'd expect various scenes and background to tie into the greater movie universe.

News reports of Avengers fighting in public and maybe even a cameo from an established superhero are not out of the question.

4. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

Daredevil, to my knowledge, has never been an actual Avenger. He's guest starred on a few adventures and been offered membership but never accepted as far as I can recall.

Doesn't mean he won't get a movie though. Nor be seen assisting in an Avenger movie akin to how he's done in the comics.

Since MCU Phase Two is locked down though the earliest time frame I'd wager to see a DD film is 2016-2020 a loose possible time frame for Phase Three films I'd guess.

5. Peter Q Taggart

Peter Q Taggart Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

In addition to their "Phase 2" movies (Iron Man 3, Thor 2, Captain America 2, Guardians of the Galaxy and The Avengers 2), I'd like to see Marvel Studios start a series of lower budgeted films with the "street level" heroes. They would still be set in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. They could call the line "Marvel Knights". Start with a "Daredevil" film, followed by "The Punisher" and "Moon Knight" (and maybe "Cloak & Dagger"). Finally, a "Marvel Knights" film that teams up all the heroes.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2012
  6. trekkiebaggio

trekkiebaggio Vice Admiral Admiral

I'd love for them to do a Daredevil tv series.

7. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Daredevil joined the New Avengers during AvX, IIRC.

8. Captain Craig

He may have but AvX was just in the last few months, which I've not read as of yet.

9. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

You gotta keep current. ;)

10. Ian Keldon

Ian Keldon Fleet Captain

EVERYbody is an Avenger post AvX, or it sure feels like it.

DD isn't a "seller", so I doubt Marvel will do much with him any time soon.

11. Captain Craig

Guardians of the Galaxy and Ant-Man aren't "sellers" per se either and yet.....

Sure both have had their moments but overall the length of a characters ongoing series or ability to maintain one isn't a factor for what movie Marvel Studios may choose to do.

12. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

This seems like the best way to go for me. I'll admit I'm not real familiar with DD, I've read quite a bit on the internet and seen the Ben Afleck/Jennifer Garner movie but that's about it. But based on the stuff I've read, he definitely strikes as the kind of character who would work better in a smaller, more grounded kind of movie.

13. TemporalFlux

TemporalFlux Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

To be honest, it's the properties derivative of Daredevil that are more valuable to Marvel. Hawkeye vs Bullseye almost writes itself; and Wilson Fisk (The Kingpin) seemed to always have his finger everywhere in Marvel.

What I would love to one day see is a big screen version of the Warren Ellis Thunderbolts (or the Dark Avengers as they were late called). But, Marvel would need to regain some properties to make it a perfect adaptation.

14. Trekker4747

Darevdevil almost sounds like he'd be an interesting addition of the MCU and I think it could be pulled off. I need to get a copy (theatrical version) of the Ben Affleck DD movie and watch it with the Rifftrax available for it.

15. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

Daredevil joined Luke Cage's team in New Avengers #16 (Volume 2, Sept 2011).

16. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

Daredevil could be the tent-pole property for an entire new tier of Marvel movies. Tie together Daredevil with Power Man and Iron Fist and Punisher using Ben Urich as the link character ala Coulson, with Wilson Fisk as a recurring villain.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2012
  17. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

The director's cut of DD is much better than the theratrical cut.

18. DarthPipes

DarthPipes Vice Admiral Admiral

I hope they do a good Daredevil movie. Daredevil is the closest thing to Batman for Marvel and DD has been great for years.

19. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

Actually, I think Moon Knight is the closest thing Marvel has to Batman :shifty:

:rommie:

20. Trekker4747

The theatrical cut is the only one that'll sync with the Rifftrax.