Smallville 8-2 "Plastique" - Discuss/Grade <Spoiler>

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by nx1701g, Sep 25, 2008.

?

Grade Plastique

1. SUPER

5.1%
  2. Above Average

38.5%
  3. Average

46.2%
  4. Below Average

7.7%
  5. BIZARRO

2.6%
  1. Good Will Riker

Good Will Riker Admiral

Yeah, but then nothing interesting would ever happen to Odo on the station for him to...

Sorry, wrong show! :D

2. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Don't forget that the guards will report that there's one person who's running around with theses superpowered heroes who isn't wearing a mask who looks an awful lot like Clark and is likely to have superpowers too. But since they aren't 100% sure it was Clark, Lex will never know for certain each and every time it happens.

3. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

OK, someone help me out here. I haven't read a Superman comic book since the mid-nineties. The last thing I remember reading had Doomsday being an evolutionary experiment. When did he become a normal guy? :confused:

4. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Smallville's fast-and-loose with canon philosophy. That's when.

5. Savage Dragon

Ok, but this is the fist I remember him being mentioned in Smallville. Why are people speculating this new guy is Doomsday?

6. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

Because the promotion for the new season gave it away.

7. Savage Dragon

Ah, that would explain it. I haven't seen the promo. Thanks for clearing that up.

8. Rowan Sjet

Rowan Sjet Commodore Commodore

So was Clark and Lex's friendship, and a lot of people still seemed to enjoy that relationship, so I don't see anything wrong with it.

9. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

Also, at the end of the episode, we saw a closeup of Davis Bloom's face as it was morphing from monster to human form. The monster's face looked like it belonged to the Doomsday we're familiar with.

10. Savage Dragon

^Yeah, If I'd seen the promo I would have picked up on the Doomsday angle in the last scene.

11. Jack Bauer

Jack Bauer Fleet Admiral Admiral

That reminds me of how on Deep Space Nine that every season it seemed that the station got closer and closer to Earth. Bajor was supposed to be a long ways from Earth in the first season and by the end of the series it took only a few days to go back and forth between Bajor and the Federation.

--

I kind of think that by the end of the show Clark will use some kind of tech from his Fortress and make everyone believe that he always wore glasses. That is assuming that they ever explain how people won't recognize Clark as Superman.

12. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

^ Colored contacts. I'm not joking I'm serious. When I have in colored contacts people say I look entirely different.

13. Jack Bauer

Jack Bauer Fleet Admiral Admiral

Aha!...colored contacts and super hypnosis'll do the trick!!!!

14. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

One of the ideas intended for the reorigin comic Superman Birthright, was to paint clarks eyes with an almost iridescent blue ink, so impossibly blue that it's completely obvious that he can't be human... Ergo the glasses. However cost constraints side stepped the idea from being fully implemented by DC Comics.

Bloomsday.

God help us all.

However, when he talked about a friend with an outreach program for kids, I got to thinking maybe Granny Goodness was on the rise? Which would mean the new gods and Darkseid, who what with being immortal and all are a thawn in the pawn of the Legion a thousand years earlier too. :)

Wasn't Bart seen with a slu of fake ID's including paper work for the indentities of Jay Garrick and Wally West?

15. A Clockwork Lim

A Clockwork Lim Lieutenant Commander

To be honest, even the glasses and hair curl are a huuuge stretch. Especially for anyone who's around him for any amount of time. So, really, if we can suspend our disbelief enough to believe that a pair of glasses make you look completely different even to the love of your life, well... <shrugs>

Of course without the glasses we'd lose awesome exchanges like the following.

Lois: "If you wanna kill Superman, I don't know why you're going to Smallville or 1966."

Tempus: "She doesn't know yet. Oh, this is good. This is really good. Um, Lois, did you know that, in the future, you're revered at the same level as Superman? Why there are books about you, statues, an interactive game. You're even a breakfast cereal."

Lois: "Really?"

Tempus: "Yes. But, as much as everybody loves you, there is one question that keeps coming up: 'How dumb was she?' Here, I'll show you what I mean. Look <puts glasses on>, I'm Clark Kent. <takes glasses off> No, I'm Superman. <puts glasses back on> Mild-mannered reporter. <rips them off> Superhero. Hello! Duh! Clark Kent is Superman. Ha, ha, ha. Well, that was worth the whole trip. To actually meet the most galactically stupid woman who ever lived."

16. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

^ Best scene ever.

17. Agent Richard07

They did a scene a few seasons back where Lex had a one-night stand with a woman and when she showed up in his mansion wearing glasses he didn't recognize her. That was a nice homage to the whole glasses thing.

18. LaxScrutiny

LaxScrutiny Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Is that the one where she was working for him, and trying to kill him? I'd forgotten about the glasses. I'll never forget Lex trying to explain to Clark how awful he felt about himself for having one-night stands.

19. Agent Richard07

^ That was the one.

The actress was Cobie Smulders. Here she is in another role with and without glasses...

[​IMG]

20. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Holy Shit it's Robin from How I met Your Mother!!!

I'm even more attracted to her now that I know she's slept with lex Luthor than I was already attracted to her for sleeping with Doctor Horrible.