Doctor Who: The Figure Thread

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by The, Dec 1, 2010.

1. Whofan

Whofan Fleet Captain

So, any word on series 6/7 figures?

The Silents/silence and Astronauht seem like they'd make sense. Also River Song would be nice, although they never made figures of her for her previous Smith appearences (Just one for the Library Tennant two-parter).

Plus maybe there will be another Cyberman, this time with the new chest panel.

2. Worf2DS9

Worf2DS9 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

If they made an Eleven with a fez, it seems logical they'll make another with a Stetson. I can see one for Amy wearing blue jeans & the red plaid shirt, possibly one for River too. Definitely a Silent, and possibly the astronaut, though the visor would have to pull up to reveal whoever is inside there, otherwise there's nothing really Doctor Whoee about it. And eventually, probably one or two of those creepy doll-things from that upcoming episode.

3. Winterwind

Winterwind Commodore Commodore

Lots of fans were hoping for an S5 River figure. It never happened. I wonder if there'll be one for S6. So far, they've only had her in the space suit from S4.

4. Whofan

Whofan Fleet Captain

I'm thinking the companions/recurring characters probably don't sell that well. There were only a few Roses and Marthas, and one Donna. Jack and Sarah Jane had a bit more but they of course had their own shows-and K-9 usually comes packed with a Doctor or companion. Plus I don't see the Peri/Sil set being that popular.

The major draw of the line seems to be the Doctor and the recurring monsters. Although the season 5 line did have some 'huh?' figures, although not to the level of Grandma Connely or destroyed Cassandra.

5. P0sitr0nic

P0sitr0nic Vice Admiral Admiral

Im still waiting for an Ace figure to go with my 7.

6. Winterwind

Been a while since anything was released that caught my eye, or anyone else's apparently. Four classic Davros/Doctor/Dalek sets that are all variants and repaints is pretty damned boring.

This one is a re-releases too but it's the Delgado Master and comes with some nice accessories. And for about $25 it's an easy yes for me.

http://doctorwhotoys.net/timemonsterset.htm

7. Chris3123

Chris3123 Vice Admiral Admiral

8. Winterwind

I'll be getting the Delgado I mentioned above your post but Wave 1 of Series 6 is an easy pass for me. Another Ood, two variants of the Silence, one with an open mouth, one closed, another Doctor variant and a young Amelia. Not sure what the thinking is but these lame re-releases and re-paints in both the classic and new series lines are easy, easy passes for a lot of collectors I know.

9. Demonland

Demonland Commodore Commodore

Since I already have a Delgado Master this is an easy pass for me. Would be nice to have that 70s Computer TARDIS instead of the orange lump of an Axon that sits in my closet.

10. Winterwind

I'm only getting the Delgado for his Tardis. As I don't need two, the figure itself will go a friend of mine that I often split orders with. But I do wish they'd released this one first instead of the big orange turd of an Axon.

In lurking over at Galifrey Base, and a few other forums, the S6 Wave 1 figures are largely underwhelming. Wonder what CO's thinking is? Cheap re-releases while they make us wait for something decent?

I know they're also releasing a Junk Tardis playset, the one from Saturday's episode, designed by that young girl that won the Blue Peter contest (good for her). Now, if it also came with an Idris figure... that would be a worthy addition to a collection.

11. Demonland

Demonland Commodore Commodore

I just don't understand why CO refuse to release a River and Rory figure. They would be instant hits yet they just won't produce them.

12. wamdue

wamdue Admiral Admiral

13. Winterwind

No Rory has been released though apparently Arthur Darvill has said one is coming.

And that's an S4 River. Fans/collectors want an updated one where she's wearing something other than the space suit.

14. P0sitr0nic

I finally broke down and got myself an 11 tardis, and a set of 10 and Martha. Next, 9 and Rose. Then ill have a display of all the modern Doctor/Companions, minus Donna.

When they make a Rory and a River, ill get them too.

What I REALLY want is an Ace to go with my 7.

15. wamdue

wamdue Admiral Admiral

fair enough

16. ClayinCA

ClayinCA Commodore Commodore

Can't wait to get a Rory, but I'm still bitter that there's no Wilfrid Mott action figure.

17. Whofan

Whofan Fleet Captain

Apart from the Next Doctor Cyberleader (Which was part of the Cybermen wave) and the four End of Time figures (The two Doctors, Rassilon/Narrator and the Master), I don't think there were any other figures for the 2009 specials.

I wonder if they'll ever consider making figures based on the 1960s Peter Cushing movies. Sure they're kind of obscure and not that great, but it'd be kind of nifty to have the Cushing "Dr.Who" and Daleks from that movie. Product Enterprise made a few of them a couple years back, but those are extremely rare these day.

18. P0sitr0nic

Ahh, i see how theyre getting around the "exclusive to Dr Who experience" for the Amelia. The exclusive one wears a HAT and coat. Oooooo.

19. wamdue

wamdue Admiral Admiral

this is the real reason for the Doctor trying on hats isnt it? to say nothing of pirate Amy?

20. OmahaStar

OmahaStar Disrespectful of his betters Admiral

Ok, what does that mean in English?