The Blacklist

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by stj, Oct 16, 2013.

1. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

this is a great show though, I love how Red hired the brothers to get tom, that was a fun twist.

2. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Red should have disowned Lizzy for losing her husband after he went to all that effort.

3. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Red is a lion trying to teach it's cub how to hunt.

4. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

He knew she probably would, though, and already had a "tail" in place outside her door, which makes one wonder why he bothered taking him to her in the first place.

5. Guy Gardener

It's like she never saw Deliverance... Sorry, I mean Misery.

6. Brolan

Brolan Commodore Commodore

It's the same reason the Enterprise doesn't show up with a squadron of Federation cruisers backing it up, its more dramatic and then the enemies can sometimes get away and extend the drama.

7. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I thought that Red *wanted* her to screw up and have him escape, to track him back to his masters, because then Tom would have thought he legitimately escaped them?

8. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

I can see the 'Masters' killing Tom because he was discovered and because he was captured. He is too much of a liability for them.

9. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

Like others, I had a big problem with Lizzie breaking Tom's thumb while he was cuffed, but I largely agree with you, this is a fun show.

I've been saying for month's now that I want Lizzie's actions to fall further and further into the grey area, and it seems they are. And as other's have said, I think it's pretty apparent that the envelope Keen got from Tom's safe is pictures of Red smothering her father.

10. Photoman15

Photoman15 Commodore Commodore

But wasn't Red doing him a favor, if I recall the episode correctly?

11. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Try to prove that to Lizzie.

12. Amaris

Amaris Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, Lizzie is going to jump the gun and make assumptions, as she tends to do, and she'll be angry with Red again.

13. Brolan

Brolan Commodore Commodore

Red will talk his way out of it. He'll claim Lizzie's "dad" was suffering and asked him to end it.

14. Tom Hendricks

Tom Hendricks Vice Admiral Premium Member

I'm really looking forward to tonight's Blacklist. I may actually watch it live, probably not but I thought about it.

15. Nociod

Nociod Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Some thoughts:

I noticed Tom having nosebleed after beating up Jessi with the spidertatoo. I hope this was because spiderboy tried to escape, and gave him an elbow in his face, and not that he's infected with the cullen virus, and somehow being blackmailed into being a baddy.

A lot of things could have gone wrong with that plan on bringing
    Peter Storemare
    into town. Any one of the guys could have bailed out like that first security guard, and the whole plan would fail... However, after the landing is aborted, why is the pilot being so cooperative? He's afraid to die of the virus, but he's fine being blasted out of the sky? WTF?

Didn't like the whole "you're a terrorist so we might as well poison you with a deadly virus to get you to talk" scenario. So I guess Lizzy is ok with this behaviour, who cares about due process right? They could never give that man a proper trial after that stunt, he would be shipped off to a secret prison or just killed. But wasn't she pissed off that her boss beat a confession out of some other guy some episodes ok? (well to be fair, she didn't bother to report it, I guess it's ok with that kind of behaviour as long as they're guilty eh...)

16. Amaris

Amaris Fleet Admiral Admiral

As long as they're probably the bad guy, it's okay to harass, terrorize, accuse, imprison, and blackmail them. I call it the "Law & Order Effect."

17. Nociod

Nociod Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

It's really disgusting. This is the Guantanamo and Patriot Act mentality. I wouldn't mind if the whole blacklist task is arrested at the end of the series, and if Red kills Berlin, I would like seeing lizzy (and her co-workers) being hauled off to jail.

I also find it laughable the way Lizzie replied back to her interrogators "this is a stupid question". Eh, I don't really find it that stupid to ask why you didn't contact the FBI once you discovered that your husband was a spy, especially after you had him in custody. The only stupid thing here was breaking his thumbs, and letting him escape

18. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

Well, I'll just have to disagree on that one point. I like the fact that Lizzie is entering the gray area, Red is definitely rubbing off on her.

19. Guy Gardener

The stupid question was "Did you help him escape because you are a silly sentimental woman who still loves him?" or words to that effect.

(The 100 today had a teenage girl doing just exactly that. It was a horrible decision made by a pathetic child who is a discredit to her gender.)

"Why did you wait before you told us?" was three questions earlier.

20. Guy Gardener

Red + Gray is (still barely sometimes) Pink.

Lizzie is entering the pink?