Star Wars Episode 7 - 2015

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JoeZhang, Oct 30, 2012.

1. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

Didn't this mofo say there weren't going to be any more films?

Or did he just say he wasn't going to make any more?

2. DigificWriter

DigificWriter Vice Admiral Admiral

This idea that this new film will be a reboot doesn't fit with the facts of what we know. They wouldn't have labeled and announced it as 'Star Wars Episode 7' if it weren't meant to finally kick off the sequel trilogy that SW fans have known about in general terms for years.

3. Ethros

Ethros Vice Admiral Admiral

Just saw this news story out of nowhere (having not heard of the Disney-Lucasfilm thing) on another site. My thoughts on it are basically-

[​IMG]

4. Holdfast

Holdfast Fleet Admiral Admiral

:lol:

Heard the news; knew I should come here and enjoy the drama.

Personally I think we're in for a lot of hilarity, one way or another. You know, just the other day, I was thinking how long it's been since ROTS, so I'm looking actually forward to it. We'll see. But if there's a fucking Jedi Princess who bursts into song, I'm outta there... :D

5. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

This thread has really ballooned up fast.

It would be nice if they can bring back the old guard just like they did with the new Dallas.

I'd love to see that. Who would they get if they were casting now?

6. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Wait, does this mean Lea, Han, and Luke will be on Once Upon a Time next season? Will it turn out that Vader was really Mr. Gold?

7. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Commodore Commodore

Harrison is in a different stage in his career than he was when he made the statements he would never play Han Solo again. His yet to be released movies have him a more supporting roll. I think that was his real problem with Han, his story was secondary to Luke. But maybe his view would be different now.

A reboot or recasting is going to happen someday. But I think it would be foolish to do that now. They should use as much of the OT cast that is available to relaunch the series while they can.

8. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

I like Fillion, but that was more of a joke than anything else considering the nature of message boards.

Darth Vader is coming to Storybrooke next season.

9. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

Disney is going to think of Star Wars in the same way Paramount thinks of Star Trek: as a property that has famous names that need to be front & center of everything, because the famous names are the value of the franchise.

Just as Star Trek was revived with Kirk-Spock-Enterprise, Star Wars will be revived with Luke-Leia-Han. And they must be young and pretty, so recasting is mandatory.

Imagine the publicity value of recasting Han Solo. That alone is worth immense amounts of PR and therefore money. Of course, there's the risk of them blowing it utterly, and they have three chances to blow it with three iconic characters who we all have strong opinioms about.

But movies are a global business and most of the world barely remembers or cares about Han, other than that he's a famous name associated with surefire entertainment at the movies. Lucas might have ignored all these things when he was one guy in charge of the whle shebang and nobody could contradict him, even when he was creating an unmitigated disaster, but a corporation that answers to shareholders will be far more bloodlessly calculating about it all.

10. C.E. Evans

C.E. Evans Admiral Admiral

We may still end up with a Jedi Princess, although her last name could be Skywalker.
    :vulcan:

11. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

If they don't recast the Big Three, then I expect Episode VII will feature their children in major roles. It would be fitting to jump ahead a few decades after ROTJ, since the PT jumped back a few before ANH.

12. Lucky

Lucky Captain Captain

So, Bob Iger says they are doing episodes VII, VIII, and IX, with the goal being to put a new Star Wars out ever 2-3 years.

13. Saul

Saul Vice Admiral Admiral

Oh Gods... here we go.

We're gonna get every frickin thing we want now aren't we. No more fan boy dreams. Just realities.

Again. W.T.F. to this news.

14. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

Remember earlier this year, Disney's John Carter of Mars "Before Star Wars there was John Carter" ..lok what happened to that film, luckily they rebounded with a successful Avengers film.

15. Caretaker

Caretaker Commodore Premium Member

Maybe Disney will see fit to release the Holiday Special for download and/or on disc.

16. DigificWriter

DigificWriter Vice Admiral Admiral

There have been general details about what the SW sequel trilogy was to deal with floating around for years, although some of said details are now completely invalid due to the way that the OT and PT have played themselves out, so it will be interesting to see which direction they ultimately end up going.

It does seem to me as if people are equating this acquisition with a total shift in what the SW property is, which is just ridiculous. Pixar films didn't suddenly change when Disney officially purchased that company, so why would that happen with Lucasfilm and SW?

17. Flying Spaghetti Monster

Flying Spaghetti Monster Vice Admiral Admiral

The word is that they'll make 7, 8, and 9 and other films as well!
    link
    emphasis mine

18. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

^The removal of the central controlling figure.

19. ALF

ALF Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I honestly don't know which is the lesser of two evils:
    1. Star Wars being mishandled beyond the Star Wars trilogy
    2. Listening to other nerds complain about it

I swear, I don't have the energy to listen to nerdrage about this for the next decade or so. I just don't.... I have heard enough Jar Jar Binks rants to last me a lifetime and I can't endure this again.

These films will NOT make you feel young and innocent, the way you did when you saw episodes IV-VI!

20. Holdfast

Holdfast Fleet Admiral Admiral

That's cool.

But I don't need to hear her singing.

Mind you, I'll allow her to fly around on magic carpet if she uses the Force.

This. As long as Luke & Leia are twentysomethings not teens, I'm cool with it though. I'm also cool with a late 20s/early 30s Han.