The Return of the Time Lord Compendium!

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by starsuperion, Apr 9, 2014.

1. starsuperion

starsuperion Commodore Commodore

Hello Whovians! Due to the numerous requests, since my return, I have decided to in addition to doing the Tardis Technical file, revamp and work at completing the Time Lord Compendium! So without further ado, here is the first of what is sure to be many posts concerning the Compendium.

I give you all, the new cover art for the book! I hope you guys like the new direction, and will enjoy what I am preparing for the whovian Fanverse. The Time Lord compendium is based loosely on the Starfleet Manual and has it's roots in my love for schematics and technical files related to such things. Please let me know what you guys think. Cheers! :techman:

[​IMG]

2. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yes! Glad to see it's back!

3. starsuperion

Thanks! I have more pages already finished but I want to do this in order, so It will be easy to follow here. :)

4. starsuperion

Page 1. the Table of contents..The time Lord Compendium is based loosely on the classic style of the Star Fleet Technical manual.

[​IMG]

5. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

You mention revamp in your first post...does this mean it will continue your take on stuff we've seen in series six, seven, and the anny and christmas special? I love the cover btw.

6. starsuperion

Most Definitely. It Will Also Include All The Relevant Classic Stuff Associated With The Time Lords Up To Current. Once Completed, I Will Then Do A Second Book Which Will Chronicle TARDIS Technical Data And More Indepth Depictions Of Other Timelord Technologies. Of Course Anything New That Comes Out As Well. A Compendium Time War Supplement Will Also Be Done.

Here Is The Threat Depiction Showing An Enemy Of The TimelordS A Dominator.
    http://time-lord-rassilon.deviantart.com/gallery/?catpath=scraps

Last edited: Apr 9, 2014
  7. Klaus

Klaus Vice Admiral Admiral

Cool! ...but shouldn't it be "mining" ship? :D

8. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

I would love to see a book on all the spaceships of Dr. Who.

Her is something interesting--I suggested before that Sputnik 3 was the first Dalek inspiration.

As it turns out, Sputnik III actually had another name..."Object D"

V'jer went to a machine planet--and Sputnik 3 went to Skaro...

9. starsuperion

Ah! Spell check thanks! it doesn't exist in my art program..:rommie:

10. starsuperion

that's a pretty cool idea actually.. I am breaking protocol here..I was feeling pretty discouraged and depressed about my project..not going into details as to why..but well...

Here guys..

Front Index pages

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

IX pages end at 25, then page 1, 2, 3 and so on go from there..IX pages are special indexes.

Page IX-12

[​IMG]

Page 1-spell check amended-

[​IMG]

Page 4

[​IMG]

Page 56

[​IMG]

Page 57 will include the gantry access ramp, and top view, particulars continued..

Also, a Mark II time war edition Battle Tardis (refit) will be included in the Time War Supplement book to this main book. Molecular Disintegrators speed up the radioactive decay on a molecular level causing objects to age extremely fast, until brittle or they disintegrate to dust.

I do have plans to do a supplement book to the compendium. It will include enemies of the Time Lords. Which should have ships, and technology specs on Daleks, Cybermen, Dominators, Quarks, etc..

Here is a list of the books in succession:

The Time Lord Compendium- The Initiates Guide to all things Gallifreyan (main Book)
    Time Lord Compendium-Technical Specifications Supplement (floor plans, and such not covered in the main book on specific ships, and places of the Time Lords)
    Time Lord Compendium-Dangerous Species Supplement (enemies and their tech)
    Time Lord Compendium-The Great Time War Supplement (War TARDISes, armor, etc.)

This will conclude my project for the compendium.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2014
  11. Klaus

Klaus Vice Admiral Admiral

Very impressive!

Though I spotted another couple lol [once a proofreader always a proofreader]...

It should be Hover Tank Complement, unless you're telling it you like it 25 times. :D
    ...and Disintegrator Cannons, [in both the list and the diagram label] unless you're vaporizing unofficial stories. :p

...again, this is awesome. Gives me an old Franz Joseph vibe too. :techman:

12. starsuperion

Thanks! I am actually glad for the assistance there. I needed to go back and do a minor change anyhow. I appreciate the spell check. When I work on these it is usually after work, watching Red Dwarf on Netflix and near close to 2AM. I can honestly say, I am usually super tired, and since my art program has no spell check, it is nice to have a clear set of eyes to help me fix those little misses..thanks :bolian:

Here is the update:

[​IMG]

if you like this schematic, Wait till you see pages 57-62!

13. starsuperion

Here is page 57 of the Time Lord Compendium, Battle TARDIS schematic continued.
    Battle TARDIS concludes on page 62.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 18, 2014
  14. starsuperion

Update Page: 6 Gallifreyan Solar System Map. There has been some debate on whether or not the central star has a name or not, I found it in an old Virgin Novel, so I used it as the name regardless of it's canonicity.

[​IMG]

15. starsuperion

Here are the updates to the Compendium... today page 57 Battle TARDIS schematic continued.. and Page 58, the Command room of the Battle TARDIS

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 3, 2014
  16. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

I remember that from the comics.

"What are you doing slumming around in the military?"

Stasers please?
    They look new in Day of-

17. starsuperion

Yes sir! from the stockbridge horror to the audio plays. No rock has been left unturned to culminate this data. :techman:

18. starsuperion

Update.. page 49 and 50

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Battle Tardis stealth prototype is one of the original prototype Battle Tardis that were first commissioned. It was upgraded to an experimental stealth model for the celestial intervention agency just before the last great time war. It sports dual twin cannon molecular disintigrators and 8 time torpedo bays, with a mark II gravity tractor and an aft mini singularity mine generator.

The time war mark II Battle Tardis sports dual twin molecular disintigator cannons, gravity tractor mark Ii, 8 time torpedo bays, a micro singularity mine generator and an Artron energy cannon.

With the MARK II, there were 500,000 created, and of the 500,000 MARK I production models, they were upgraded, to a certain extent to the MARK II production model, except, that in the MARK II, the engines were a Class 6B engine, while the MARK I upgrades still used a Class 6A. Some time lords who commanded the MARK I preferred the upgrades to their ships with the 6A over the Newer Mark II 6B engines, because the MARK I class 6A version was tried and true, whereas the Class 6B Engine was prone to faults, however it's power utilization curve was greatly reduced and provided a more efficient distribution to the weapons array. if you had the Mark I and got the upgrade to Mark II, the engine you have a 6A, would mean that during battle, there was some lag time as you would have to build up power between shots, and could leave you open to an attack.

When you see the Stealth colour recognition model, it is in reflective Black, (piano Black) and can reflect the stars when not cloaked, as it fired, making it still hard to see in space. In many ways, the upgrades done to the Prototype to create the Stealth were used by the time lord technicians, and the head technician called the Architect, to create the Mark II upgrades. So the Mark II, while still very different, has design similarities with the Stealth model.

All ships are accounted for at the end of the last great time war, except the stealth TARDIS from the Celestial Intervention Agency (C.I.A.) as it's whereabouts to this day are unknown, and can mask it's signature from any enemy and other TARDISes.

Last edited: May 9, 2014