Mass Effect 3

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by PsychoPere, Dec 10, 2010.

1. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

Even in a rough state that's a hell of an impressive intro! Have they said at all how much time is supposed to have past since ME2?

Ash is referred to as a Lieutenant Commander. Last time we saw her on Horizon (assuming you didn't save Lt Boring Pants on Virmire) she'd been promoted from a Gunnery Chief to Operations Chief. So that means in the intervening period she would have had to have gone through officer training and advanced...*checks wikia*...FOUR ranks *and* has been made a Spectre. Plus of course Shep has been tried and disciplined already for the Alpha Relay incident. I'm guessing it's at least two years after ME2, maybe three.

Speaking of which, do we know how much of a span of time--post-epilogue, of course--ME2 was supposed to cover? If we assume the Cerberus Daily News thing was on a 1:1 timeline then it could have been as much as a year from the Lazarus Station to the Alpha Relay.

Yeah and he completely missed out on that 'Blasto the Hanar Spectre' DLC. Nowhere near as good as the 'Revenge of Armistan Banes' one IMO. :p

Last edited: Nov 8, 2011
  2. HotRod

HotRod Commodore Commodore

[​IMG]

3. firehawk12

firehawk12 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Umm, well, if you care about ME3 spoilers, you should basically turn off your internet now. The entire script is out there on the internet, and apparently NeoGAF got hit by a cease and desist, which means that it has to be a real script.

4. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

FYI: No "s" at the end of "spoiler" for the tags to work correctly.

5. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

Well that sucks. The people at Bioware (Casey Hudson in particualr) must be having a very bad week.

While I admit I haven't been as strict with myself as I should have been with avoiding spoilers, there's no way I'd go looking for the script. I mean what's the point?

Serves me right for not double checking! Fixed now though.

6. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Thanks for the warning about the script. I'll be very careful when looking up ME3 info from now on. I hate spoilers. I got as far as the mention of a certain character's rank in Reverend's (now fixed) spoilery post before I realized what I was reading and promptly hit the Page Down button so I wouldn't read anymore of it. :ouch: :lol:

7. Herkimer Jitty

Herkimer Jitty Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Dude, why are you freaking out? You can buy it for like, 30 bucks now. You should be glad you're getting a free discount.

Albeit at the expense of a year of your life.

8. Skywalker

Unfortunately, ME3 was such a monster hit that every single copy of the game in the entire world has already been bought and people have played it so many times that every disc is now unplayable. I'm afraid HotRod will never get to play it. :(

9. TheGodBen

TheGodBen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That's was all a part of EA's to make people download it through Origin.

And I think we can all agree that the Liara/Ashley threesome was awesome, but not quite as awesome as the ending where Shepard kicked Harbinger in the face so hard that he flew right out of the galaxy. Game of the century.

10. LeadHead

LeadHead Director of Comedy Premium Member

And I was so glad they listened to the fans and put in a renegade interrupt for every single time Udina opens his mouth. :rommie:

11. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

:guffaw:

12. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

Just came across this little video highlighting the collector's edition. Not really new information, but there's a blink-and-you'll-miss-it glimpse at some concept art for Jack's new look. I've heard rumours of who/what the secret squad mate might be that I shan't repeat since it might be spoilerish.

Personally I'm not holding my breath for anything fantastic. I mean just look at Bioware's track record for release day DLC companions; Zaeed, Shale (?) and that boring geezer in DAII. Admittedly Shale was interesting as was Kasumi (though she was a later addition...kinda) but they tended to feel tacked on and not really part of the main narrative.

13. HotRod

Most anticipated game of 2012 at the VGA's plus more new footage. Why can't it be March.....

14. clint g

clint g Admiral Admiral

15. Skywalker

Remember when BioWare used to make roleplaying games? Good times. :p

16. clint g

clint g Admiral Admiral

I'm still waiting for Jade Empire 2 :lol:

17. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

Well at least we got a peek at one of the new romance scenes...
    [YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6YFTdYOgH0[/YT]
    "Shepard, we have thresher-sign the likes of which even the Goddess has never seen!"

18. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

Same here. OXM recently had a nice reminiscing article on Jade Empire.

19. HotRod

Seems Shepard wil have a new ally against the Reapers........ Spider-Man!

20. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

Well that was as epic as I was hoping it would be.