Grimm Season 3

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JD, Oct 20, 2013.

1. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

That's around the same time we in the U.S. get Sherlock. Fair trade!

2. sojourner

Woot! Dee Wallace playing Munroe's mom! Now that's stunt casting!

3. Thestral

Thestral Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm not sure how I feel about them already doing a proposal story for Monroe and Rosalee; but then, I guess they have been dating for a good while now. And there's no denying that, characterwise at least, they're the real heart of the show.

As interesting as everything with Nick and Renard is, and as much as I've grown to really like Nick and Juliette together (and Juliette in general), the show's best moments usually come from Monroe and Rosalee, like last night with her family (though it's weird her brother didn't come up more) or the Christmas stuff they had a few weeks ago.

4. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, they are great. I really don't have a problem with them getting married or at least engaged. I wonder if Wesen have different wedding traditions from humans?

5. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

There wouldn't be as much comedy opportunity if they didn't...

6. Sto-Vo-Kory

Sto-Vo-Kory Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Monroe is the best part of the show. I find Nick to be kind of a creep and last season really soured me on Juliette for all time. The Captain Renard stuff might as well be on another show. But how can you not like Monroe? Easily the best character (and best actor) on the show.

I have to add that Rosalee is pretty great, too.

7. sojourner

You know, I was just musing on Grimm. Isn't it about time we had an episode where the crime of the week turned out not to be a wesen or involved with the wesen world? Just some twisted, sick "normal" human?

8. Thestral

Thestral Vice Admiral Admiral

My first thought was "What about that fake Grimm from last season" but then I remembered he was wesen too. That's a good idea.

Also, Monroe's dad is the Terminator, of course he's evil. :lol: I also love so much the way they don't just do normal "to be continued" but have some sort of message. "Holy ^&^%" definitely was a fun moment. :D

9. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, that was great.
    As for the Wesen vs. non-Wesen cases, I've always assumed there were non-Wesen cases between the episodes and we just didn't see them.

10. Vendikarr

Vendikarr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

At this point I would like to see Hank turn to Nick and ask him if he can remember the last time they had a case that didn't involve Wessen.

11. Taylirious

Taylirious Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Score one for team Grimm! LOL. Adalind won't be happy.

12. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

These last couple episodes were great. I loved the reaction when Kelly aka Nick's mom, brought Adalind to Nick's house. It's a good thing Kelly was with her or she probably wouldn't have lived long.
    Does anyone know of any good sites with the whole Royal, Verrat, Resistance situation laid out? I'm having trouble keeping all of it straight, and the Grimm wiki doesn't have a lot of details on that whole history.

13. Taylirious

Another Grimm! Hope she sticks around. :)

14. sojourner

Her, Syn from Arrow, and Claudia from Warehouse13 should get together and form a band.

15. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I liked this one a lot. I just wished they hadn't spoiled her being Grimm in the preview. With the way the episode was done you could it was supposed to be a big surprise but the went and ruined that. I wonder how long "Truble" will stick. I think it would be fun if she stuck around and became Nick's long term apprentice.
    I wonder if it's normal for a Grimm not learn about Wesen and themselves until adulthood like Nick and Truble, or if they they are usually taught about that stuff as kids? It seems to me that neither of them had entirely normal childhoods for a Grimm. Nick was raised by his aunt who never told him anything about Grimm stuff, and I doubt someone who ended up like Trubel had an entirely normal childhood.
    I would think being a Grimm is something you would want to somebody ready for as soon as possible.

16. Taylirious

If Nick & Teresa are related I wouldn't be surprised.

ETA: I see this in the fandom...what is wrong with Juliette? I love her and everyone wants her to die. I like all the main characters.

17. Serial thread killer

Serial thread killer Vice Admiral Premium Member

I'm liking Juliette a lot more since she's found out Nick was a Grimm.

18. Technobuilder

Technobuilder Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Juliette didn't cower or run from the truth once she (ya know) knew the "ACTUAL" truth and that she wasn't going crazy, she embraced her new reality and has become a rather crucial part of team Grimm.

Nick aka Super-Grimm (His adaptability & acquisition of new abilities is far beyond those of other Grimms)

Monroe
    covers Lore, History, Languages & occasionally Back-Up Muscle in a pinch

Rosalee
    covers Apothecary potions, Wesen Medicine Remedies, Lore, Wesen Council Connection

Hank covers Police Situations & Plausible Deniability, Partner, & provides Nick with a Human connection. The Everyman.

Juliette covers Veterinary Medicine, Chemistry, Scientist most qualified to study similarities of Wesen/Animal characteristic evolution.

Reynard covers Royal Family/Wesen Resistance Connection, Police Situations involving Wesen. Background involving the larger world conflicts and History.

...and honestly I have a feeling that Adaline might become a Magic Connection if she ever stops being entirely to self serving and manipulative for her own good.

19. hadd001

hadd001 Lieutenant Red Shirt

good analysis

20. Taylirious

I am liking Teresa a lot.