Fantastic Four reboot-- Casting, Rumors, Pix, ect;

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Turtletrekker, Dec 8, 2012.

1. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Grains of salt are pretty gritty!

2. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

Maybe the Thing's skin will be flaking....

3. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Well, I know he takes regular water using showers from an issue of Strange Tales, and I know he takes Bubble baths from a Marvel fantasy... But really, he needs a good sand blasting to really get the job done....

Alicia is a Sculptor. She carves stone for a living, and for a passion... Her boyfriend is made of stone... What she could do to his exterior, body art, is no different than tattoos, it's odd that she never went to town on his hide... But then he's probably growing and shedding layers of "skin" all the time that he could have grown out anything she did to him.

His bedroom would look like a sand pit.

4. Agenda

Agenda Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Realistic, gritty, grounded: code words for how to do this on a $100M budget.

5. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Is the Thing officially stone these days? Kirby originally intended his skin to be like dinosaur hide.

Not sure about gritty or grim but the FF was grounded in a sense. In addition to monsters, aliens and villains they also had to battle everyday problems like getting evicted or going broke.

6. Guy Gardener

About a year ago, more, Valeria (Hickman) invented a potion that altered the Thing's Biology so that he becomes human for one day every year... But I have never heard that he is leather before. This seems quite odd to me.

7. Nerys Myk

Comic Book Legends covered it, scroll down to find the piece on the Thing.

8. Guy Gardener

Oh, of course I believe you, and of course I believe Kirby said that because you said Kirby said that... But I'm also kinda sure that everyone else in the last 50 years has thought that he was made of rock, right down to Mallrats...

9. Nerys Myk

I know I did. I was just wondering if there was an actual "confirmation" in the comics that Ben's skin was rocky.

10. TREK_GOD_1

TREK_GOD_1 Vice Admiral Admiral

That said, it remains the most faithful adaptation of any Marvel comic source to date. The drama through voice work and the grand Capitol/KPM library music was a perfect fit for the stories--making MSM one of the few times where a production did not take broad liberties with the source, or suffer the nightmare of bad casting, etc.

11. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Here's an interview where Kinberg clarifies the tone of the movie:

http://www.craveonline.com/film/articles/678155-wondercon-2014-simon-kinberg-on-x-men-fantastic-four
    That's somewhat more reassuring. Grounded but with a sense of fun. And starting out with a feel more like our world before expanding into the wilder stuff is pretty much the same strategy the MCU used to considerable success.

12. Guy Gardener

Considering the Scarlet Witch/Quicksilver loophole that seems to be being exploited today and tomorrow, you would think that they would be looking for other exploitable twofers... To some people, the Fantastic Four is the Hulk, Spider-Man , Wolverine and Ghost Rider.

:)

http://archive.4plebs.org/tv/full_image/1391355516828.jpg

Hey, that's Sony, Marvel and 20th century fox working together or against each other!

How could that ever end up as anything less than a clusterfuck of backstabbing and spite?

13. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

Hulk, GR, Spidey and Wolverine only appeared as the FF for that one 2-3 arc story right?
    Was that ever duplicated, even once? Cause I find it funny even Marvel refers to that as an official iteration of the team.

14. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

That's picture is a little old now. Ghost Rider is back with Marvel. Though I doubt we'll see Johnny Blaze show up in the MCU anytime soon.

15. Guy Gardener

There have been several meet ups since then, randomly spread across the entire Marvel spectrum.

16. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

Probably not, though it's possible that they'll use the likes of him or even Blade alongside Dr Strange, to create a supernatural sort of environment.

17. Guy Gardener

They don't even have to use all of him.

Just have flaming tire tracks criss crossing all their movies and never explain it.

Oh!

In the comics, the new Ghost Rider, even though the old Ghost Rider is hanging out in Red Hulk's Thunderbolts, but the new Ghost Rider drives a ghost car with four flaming wheels.

Makes you wonder what other vehicles a ghost rider can ride?

A Ghost Helicopter with flaming rotor blades would be fantastic but imagine how ridiculous a Ghostjetski or a Ghostsnowmobile would be?

:D

18. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

How about Ghost Rider starts working for SHIELD and he rides around in a Ghostheliccarier?

19. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

20. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

First Michael B. Jordan, now Reg E. Cathey - someone is a fan of The Wire (as well as middle initials).