Confessions: You do it and you know it is bad

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by teacake, Dec 31, 2012.

1. scotpens

scotpens Professional Geek Premium Member

I can go through half a 16-ounce jar of peanut butter in one sitting. Sometimes I don't even bother spreading it on anything.

2. Owain Taggart

Owain Taggart Vice Admiral Admiral

Sounds like an episode of Seinfeld :)

3. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

I never paid it either. You can add that to my list of sins.

4. Peach Wookiee

Peach Wookiee Cuddly Mod of Doom Moderator

At least the peanut butter has protein. The chips are so salty, it isn't even funny.

5. teacake

Once I had a friend over who was boring me to death talking about her home renovations (one of my most hated conversations). I was dying for her to leave and suddenly she gasped at the clock on the wall and said if it was that late she had to go right away.

The clock was one hour fast because we had had daylight savings time a few weeks before and I had typically gotten used to adjusting it in my head and not bothered standing on a chair and changing it. I didn't tell her.

6. Captain_Nick

Captain_Nick Vice Admiral Admiral

Wow, so much badassery going on!

I waste time at work on the internet, like right now for example lol

When I feel like going home early the shop mysteriously develops 'oven problems', 'plumbing issues' or even 'circumstances'. Love that!

7. teacake

I never told you the cat was licking your dinner because I wanted you to eat it.

8. lurok

lurok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lost in the EU expanse with a nice cup of tea
    Wow, we're so edgy and dangerous :evil:

I'll sometimes cycle down a no-cycling path if no-one around. And once in a blue moon I'll happily finish a packet of Oreos in one go.

9. Roger Wilco

Roger Wilco Admiral Admiral

I'm pretty sure that's theft. Which is maybe hypocritical for me to say because my "confession" would be: I download whatever the fuck I want without regret.

10. SmoothieX

SmoothieX Vice Admiral Admiral

I've called out sick when there's been nothing wrong with me. Reasons have included being hungover, wanting to go for a hike on a nice day, got home at 2 AM after MNF, mental health break, etc.

11. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

LOL everybody does, this is the reason why Seinfeld is so popular...would you conk an old lady over the head for a marble rye, or get revenge on your boss...

As for mine, are you kidding? I could make a list.

RAMA

12. scotpens

scotpens Professional Geek Premium Member

How bad can that be? Cat spit must be clean. After all, they wash themselves with it.

13. Grey

Grey Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Here's my guilty one-time admission: I once took a rock from a famous archeological site that was being reconstructed from the rubble I had taken a piece of as a "souvenir." When I mentioned this casually to my best friend one day, who is an archeologist, he chewed my head off. I uh...should probably return it someday.

My general confession: I put the toilet paper on the holder the way everyone hates (the roll starting from behind and under). I do this all the time. But I absolutely never do it on purpose; I just grab the TP out of the bag and stick it on the holder however it came out!

The guilty part is that when I notice I've done it again and that everyone hates it that way, I don't bother to change it.

Do you then bill the client for it? :D

14. Amaris

Amaris Fleet Admiral Admiral

:lol:

Actually, no. They don't usually notice the dates on things. Seriously, my parents could be eating six month old Cheerios for all they know, but fortunately I pay attention to dates and such. Let me put it this way: My dad once took some Alka Seltzer that had expired in March of 2007. The date he took them? December of 2009.

Anywho, the box itself is in fairly good shape, and since I'm the one that pours the cereal for my mom (she can't walk), no one notices.

My record to date is $128.00 in fines. Our library charged 50 cents per day, per book, and compounded that every other week. I had 3 books out, and a DVD. The DVD was $1.00 per day, per DVD, compounded every two weeks. I did not get to keep the books or DVD. :lol:

15. Finn

Finn Bad Batch of TrekBBS Admiral

^At least they don't eat Wheaties, or you wouldn't be able to get away with Nancy Kerrigan on the box for the past 19 years...

16. Amaris

Amaris Fleet Admiral Admiral

Good point. :lol:

17. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

I tried to call out sick because I had a hangover once. My boss thought I was calling out sick to watch a football game and told me to come in anyway. I couldn't be like "I swear I'm not trying to watch a football game, I'm just hungover!"

18. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

I used to be afraid to call in sick - no matter how sick I actually was - because our assistant manager was so nasty to talk to. He's not there anymore. But I always work the 6 AN shift so I would feel guilty if I missed a shift because there's hardly anyone else there that early.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2023
  19. Snaploud

Snaploud Admiral Admiral

It would be funny if your mom reminisces one day about how Cheerios used to taste better back in her youth and that the company must have changed its recipe.

20. teacake

I like to wear my headphones when on the computer so people think I'm listening to something and don't interrupt me as much. I'm wearing them right now. Nothing is coming out of them.