Green Arrow (CW)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Jetfire, Jan 13, 2012.

1. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

2. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

Exactly.

3. DarKush

DarKush Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I really don't think that's going to be the case at all. It's more of a deal of providing more Arrow for fans who will want to buy digital comics or comics instead of not telling the full story on the TV series. It looks like it's going to be extra stuff, like a lot of media tie-in fiction.

Though perhaps the digital series can provide more back story or bridge episodes or series, providing an incentive for the show's fans to read them, but even if they did that I don't think it's going to hamper what the show is doing. I do think a digital prequel would be a cool idea, or something between seasons.

4. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

We know have gotten our first look at Deadshot. I like the look, it seems to have a pretty good realism/comic booky ratio.

5. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

We have? Got a link?

6. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

7. Silvercrest

Silvercrest Vice Admiral Admiral

Deadshot originated as a Bat-villain and remained one for a very long time. I take it this is no longer a concern?

8. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

9. Icemizer

Icemizer Commodore Commodore

^ Thanks Guy I was trying to repress that moment. I like the new Deadshot look.

10. Vendikarr

Vendikarr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Deadshot was separated from his bat roots when he was added to the Suicide Squad by Ostrander in the 80s, and became popular in his own right.

11. Silvercrest

Right, but he'd been a Bat-villain for thirty years before then, so I was wondering if that was ever taken into account anymore. I didn't know about the Smallville appearance. Guess I have my answer.

12. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

Deadshot is about the only villain from the Bat ranks to editorial be essentially removed as a member of Batman's Rogues. His Suicide Squad days essentially rewrote the book on the character to the point where if you picked up reading comics anytime from about mid-80's forward you likely just considered Deadshot his own thing as team leader of Suicide Squad. I did. It wasn't till the 90's I found out he was created in the Bat books.

As for the picture of him I must say that just the eyepiece itself looks extremely bulky. Perhaps that is step one as a costume and other accessories come along.

13. Silvercrest

I'd say this is probably true from about 1990 on, rather than the mid-80s. During the late 80s, the Squad book featured quite a few references to his history with Batman, as well as a couple more Bat-encounters during crossovers. At one point, however, Batman basically called Deadshot on the fact that the latter had plenty of chances to kill Bats and never did, and to stop wasting both their time.

After that, I'm not sure the two ever traded blows (or shots) again, even though Batman made several more appearances. I would say that if there was a point at which Deadshot stopped being a Bat-villain, that was it. I doubt there was an official policy change; more like the writers and editors simply followed suit.

And that eyepiece looked bulky even when he had the full costume. You don't need to be a dead shot when you're wearing that contraption; they could put Mr. Magoo in the suit and get results.

14. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

I just couldn't nail down an exact time frame. I was guessing mid-80's but my point was it's been quite some time.

15. Silvercrest

No problem, I'm just breaking it down a little more exactly.

Anyone know if Bats and Deadshot have ever fought in the comics since then? The last time I know of was during Suicide Squad's "Phoenix Gambit" in 1990. But then he wasn't even going after Batman, he was going after someone else and Bats was trying to stop him.

There was a memorable instance in the animated Justice League where Bats convinced Deadshot to give up by whispering one little phrase. We couldn't hear what it was. Only Superman could. He was impressed/appalled. I've been trying to figure out what that phrase was ever since. Something that's only a few words long and sufficient to cow someone as jaded as Deadshot.

My best guess is Bats whispered "broken trigger finger".

16. Guy Gardener

The Squad went to Gotham in the new 52 after Harley went awol after finding out that Batman had killed the joker and she needed some payback. All she ended up doing was carving some meat that remained from his burnt up corpse and wearing it for a face for a few pages as she "talked" to him.

New 52 Batman dosn't know about the squad.

Old DCU does.

Does old DCU Batman beleive in rehabilitation more that than convict exploitation?

But then, compared to the OMACs... The Suicide Squad is fucking genius.

17. Silvercrest

Heh... old DCU Batman wasn't concerned about convict exploitation. He was just concerned about letting convicts out of jail (regardless of their services) after his time and trouble in putting them away.

Topic? Green Arrow? Who's that?

Uh... Speedy once teamed up with the Suicide Squad back in the 1980s. Yeah, that's it.

18. Guy Gardener

I saw a Batman recently where Adam west was talking at Catwoman's parole hearing.

19. Silvercrest

That's different. He's got a vested interest in that pussy...cat.

Come to think of it, was he arguing to keep her in, or let her out?

20. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Sorry about that. I could sworn I put the link up.:brickwall: