Crysis 3

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by ThunderAeroI, Feb 24, 2013.

1. ThunderAeroI

ThunderAeroI Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Does it get any better?

I purchased a new graphics card for it, played up till mission three and I don't really like it. It is certainly on rails like Mass Effect and not anything like Far Cry.

It looks great, but even on solider I die... allot. I basically have to take each map really slowly, clear area by area and work my way to the checkpoints. I can do some parkour stuff, but not much.

Anyone else playing it, what are your thoughts, etc.

2. FPAlpha

FPAlpha Vice Admiral Premium Member

Not having played it (and maybe not for a long time since my laptop can't even remotely handle Crysis 3) it is rarely a good idea to go in guns blazing.. unless you are a gamer god with the reflexes of a 16 year old and your whole free time devoted to shooter games.

It's always like this in the beginning.. skills suck, your equipment sucks and your gear sucks. It almost always gets better after about a third of the game.

3. The Mirrorball Man

The Mirrorball Man Vice Admiral Admiral

I played the first Crysis for thirty minutes before deciding it wasn't for me. I thought it was frustrating, too complicated for my feeble casual gamer mind, and not very fun.

4. ThunderAeroI

I completed it in about six hours of sit time. The campaign is quite short but it is solid. Once i figured out how to play it with my perfered play style it was ok. I had to knock the difficultt back on the final boss though. Mp is ok, but fps mp isnt really my thing.

5. Lookingglassman

Lookingglassman Admiral Admiral

I just got it last night. So far I am having fun.

6. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

Is it actually Crysis 3 or is it rather Crysis 3: Warhead?

7. ThunderAeroI

I have not played warhead, I probably wont. My memory of the first crysis is faded and I never played the second one. Given the short single player campaign the game is easily more focused on multi-player, but it is not the free-to-play style that warhead is suppose to be.

There are weapon and skill unlocks at certain levels, but nothing too game breaking I dont think, but I am only level 12 in MP and mostly that's because of my kids playing it.

8. Shurik

Shurik Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I haven't played Crysis 3 yet, but in Crysis 2 it was never a good idea to go guns blazing into the area filled with enemies. Usually you'd be dead in about 5 seconds. Stealth is the way to play this game effectively.

9. ThunderAeroI

I found what worked for me in most situations was to go stealth in the crouching position until about I was 1/3 from empty, get into the spot I pre planned to sit in while my energy came back. Rinse and repeat. I killed what I had to or thought I could do with minimal effort.

10. AlphaMan

AlphaMan Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well I'm really digging Crysis 3 at the moment. It's the best shooter I've played in quite a while, IMHO. It plays and feels like a summer blockbuster action movie.

11. archeryguy1701

archeryguy1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I actually really liked the latest game. The campaign was shorter than the other games, which was disappointing, but I enjoyed the games focus on the story and the characters this go-through. The Predator Bow makes the game stupid-easy if you spend the whole game cloaked and using the bow. I ended up only rarely using the bow just to keep it more interesting. Fun game. They certainly seem to wrap the story-line up, but since the game did well enough for 3.5 games, I'm sure they'll come up with a way to do a Crysis 4.

12. lennier1

lennier1 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I played through the first one three times, because of the possibilities the open world offered. Only played through Warhead once, because the bugs kept pissing me off (e.g., several enemy units that had to be destroyed to complete story flags had somehow become invincible and required a reload).
    Crysis 2 was a major disappointment, because the resulting rail shooter we ended up with was crippled beyond hope, just to allow the console kiddies to keep up (something I couldn't care less about as a PC player).
    After I found out that the rumored return to open world tactics in Crysis 3 was just exaggerated PR bullshit I didn't even buy the game anymore and only watched some Youtube videos of the end to get closure.