Voyager Fanfics, Creations, and Favorite Videos

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Caprica_Six, Apr 6, 2005.

1. Purdy Bear

Purdy Bear Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

2. JanewayRulz!

JanewayRulz! Vice Admiral Admiral

Re: Favorite Voyager Videos

:rommie:

I forgot to list the vid on the sidebar that the previous J/C vid led me to... "I thought you knew" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXVFOBL7WiQ&feature=related :wah:

I'll have to check out your new ones later.

3. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

I am late getting back to this. :guffaw: Maybe I should make a vid of myself singing and pouting...I am sure no one would want to see that though. :(

4. synesthete

synesthete Lieutenant Red Shirt

Re: Voyager fanfics and creations

All finished! The picture he took of the other side was all blurry, unfortunately.

[​IMG]

5. T.D. Possum

T.D. Possum Commodore Commodore

OMG y'all! OMG. This vid. This vid right here. It's a J/C. It's by Scorey. And I put it on my faves list. Does anyone else feel like the Earth might have just tipped ever so slightly on its axis?

"Innuendo"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFkToelIl8M

6. froot

froot Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Guarding the Compound with the Grey Wardens

That video is hard to refuse, IMO, no matter your 'ship. :rommie: :rommie:

The bridge of the song with Chakotay undressing just slays me dead. Janeway being a total perv creeper in the foliage is win. :guffaw:

7. T.D. Possum

My favorite part is when Janeway asks Torres for information regarding the peacock. :guffaw:

And I love how Scorey tricked us with E.S. Posthumus. I used that music in my vid "Uncharted". It was a JARRING switch up for me!

8. Purdy Bear

OMG OMG OMG. Its purely brilliant. :guffaw:

9. JanewayRulz!

I agree with froot... 2:22 had me falling out of my chair! :guffaw:

Technical question to my vidders, why do so many of the clips seem "enhanced" colorwise/clarity wise. It was almost like watching something in high def, but voy wasn't filmed that way and my computer screen is set the same for all youtube vids.

10. JanewayRulz!

Loved the J/C "Torn", "Promise" was bittersweet, "Somebodya like You"... :bolian: WoohHoo!,

Mad world is so quiet, its addictive.

"She drives me Crazy" drove ME crazy! :guffaw:

My Turn:

This is just sooo wrong on so many levels... but it still made me :guffaw: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xXhLhpyY4Q&feature=related

This made me :weep: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgDdVvWX82g&feature=related

11. Purdy Bear

Shes so beautiful - a definate chuck em in the fridge and let him thaw out. Hermaphrodite Janeway hummmmm!

I loved the other side of the world.

Just found this new one:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlGvvHHgk2k

Last edited: Feb 9, 2011
  12. JanewayRulz!

I loved the "give Meryl Streep a hickey"... and how they ended it.:rofl:

Poor Tom.:devil:

13. froot

Most other editing programs (including Vegas, Virtualdub, Premiere, Final Cut, After Effects, etc. etc.) have several filters that can be applied to the video clips to turn up the color saturation and balance the contrast and stuff. There are also some filters that help reduce the "noise" that comes from the film grain.

In my opinion, VOY's colors are really, really desaturated and dull at times. Season 4's the worst offender, I think. Year of Hell is a gray mess. So a lot of people, myself included, use those filters to tweak the colors and try and brighten up the clips or, in the case of the Innuendo video, turn up a certain color to give some ambiance. It's sort of our amateur way of "remastering" the clips. :lol: (Actually, even worse, is that some of the areas where they inserted special effects in the show got really, really messed up - try watching some of the interior scenes on Dragon's Teeth on a high-def television.)

I go one step further and re-crop the clips so that I can have my stuff in 16:9 because those black bars on the sides drive me batty. The clips lose some fidelity and their original composition, but at least I can sleep at night.

It's a challenge to vid with clips from older shows - I think it takes a whole lot more work on the vidder's end to really make something interesting.

14. T.D. Possum

So THAT'S how you get your 16:9 footage. It always looks nice, no distortion at all. But I think I'd rather stick with my ol' 4:3 and not have to crop every single clip. Maybe I'll think differently if I ever put my nose to the grindstone and learn to use Sony Vegas. :brickwall:

15. froot

Thank you. And... someday! :lol: It's not too scary.

I don't know if my way is a very good one - basically, I have to decide what parts of the clip I want to lose since some of it gets cropped off. I also have to re-size everyone so they don't look distorted. However, you can obviously set a standard def DVD to widescreen on a normal TV without horribly distorting the image, so there's got to be a better way. I just don't know how. Blompeje does widescreen vids, too, and hers always look really good.

*wanders off to Google*

16. T.D. Possum

Sigh. I still can't even trim a damn clip.

17. froot

There's no "cut" option like in Windows Movie Maker. :) You have to grab the edge of a clip and slide it. :)

18. T.D. Possum

I think I was already crying by that point. Sigh. I'll try it again one day.

19. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

If I can do it...YOU CAN DO IT! :bolian:

20. T.D. Possum

Aw, thanks, Jetfire. I dunno what the problem is, a mental block or something, I guess. I can usually learn new programs really quickly, but for some reason, Vegas just baffles me. I really will give it another try sometime down the road.