Last Resort was Awesome.

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Guy Gardener, Sep 12, 2012.

1. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

So I take it there won't be a proper wrap-up then? :(

2. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

Shawn Ryan, via Twitter:

3. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

So the series is still in production? YES! At least they'll have some time to at least give it an ending so we aren't left hanging.

4. Drago-Kazov

Drago-Kazov Fleet Captain

I hope so.
    The miniseries format is not bad, i just watched The Kill Point and it was queite fun and least it had a definitive ending.

5. Gary Mitchell

Gary Mitchell Fleet Admiral Admiral

Damn, I'm really tired of starting these shows and having them cancelled so fast. I guess I'll have to start doing what I did back when 24 premiered. Since it was on FOX and I had been burned before by FOX, I waited until the second season started to watch the dvds of the first season.

6. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

So did they always have a plan to wrap up the show even before it was cancelled? Or was it going to have a different story arc for Season 2 if it got one?

7. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

It's not getting a real ending. It's getting the ending we would have gotten with episode 13. The actor who plays the captain was on The Chew, it's a cooking talk show, and he said that they were finishing up episode 13. Doesn't make it sound like we would have a lot of time to close everything up.

8. Drago-Kazov

Drago-Kazov Fleet Captain

Maybe somebody could write a novel as an ending. I would read that.

Or a comic book...

Heck if i would have an influental blog i would try to start a campaing for a comic book wrapup. That seems the most realistic.

9. bigdaddy

The ratings are bad, but not horribly bad for the bad time slot it is in. I wish ABC gave them 7 more episodes (total of 20) and just start calling it an "epic miniseries event". It seemed very close to a full season pick up, but for some reason a small downtick in the ratings of Thursday's horrible episode made them back off. If 9 episodes was too much why not just a few more?

Networks need to start making, producing their own shows. That way when something gets canceled they might give iffy shows a few more episodes to close up shop and make their money back on DVD sets.

10. Gary Mitchell

Gary Mitchell Fleet Admiral Admiral

I remember when the networks would sometimes change a show's time slot if it wasn't getting high enough ratings. I wish they had tried that. I watch The Big Bang Theory on Thursdays at 8 so I watch Last Resort on demand.

11. bigdaddy

Yeah that would be nice, I think Wednesdays at 10 would have been a nice try.

12. Jimi_James

Jimi_James Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I just read about this today. A shame. It was by no means ground breaking, but I've enjoyed it each week and was looking forward to seeing how it played out.

13. Danny99

Danny99 Vice Admiral Admiral

The show had it's flaws, but every show does when they are starting up.

Is network television so competitive these days that if a series doesn't succeed right out of the gate, they're done?

14. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

Seems to be that way now-a-days. Kind of sad. But to be fair, I was starting to lose interest in it myself, so I can understand why it was losing viewers. They've just kind of been spinning their tires for the past couple eps now and I think a lot of people have recognized that.

15. bigdaddy

I certainly have.

They had 13 episodes, in those episodes t should have been leading to a show down. Instead it seems every week is a showdown, but then everyone comes together. It's no longer moving forward.

16. Enterprise is Great

That's pretty much true though the CW does seem to keep struggling shows on the air longer. Unless they tank realy fast they tend to keep a new show around for a full season. As a smaller network they order less series so they have very little in the way of mid-season replacements.

17. Enterprise is Great

18. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

Well, that's something, at least.

19. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Cool news. I was really liking the show, but was wasn't feeling very motivated to keep watching if we were just going to be left hanging at the end.

20. bigdaddy

"Tweak" sounds like "We filmed most of the episode, so instead of having the captain live, we changed the last 2 minutes, killed him off and went home". :lol: