Anyone else looking forawrd to Guild Wars 2?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Emher, Aug 5, 2012.

1. Emher

Emher Admiral Admiral

I've been playing all the beta events and I am stoked for the release on the 28th /25th for us prebookers). It's the first actual fantasy MMO I've enjoyed and liked the style of. The races (technically, species) are unique and the professions are very nicely diverse. So to the point that I have a hard time choosing what I will play as with as some of my later character choices.

I've already decided on starting as a Human female Guardian and going for a tanky build so that I can be the support tank for my guild. That and I love their abilities with the weapons.

Anyone else been playing the betas or just simply looking forward to it?

2. backstept

backstept Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I've had fun with the betas and I'm definitely going to play when it comes out
    I mostly played as a Norn Ranger, and I like it a lot
    I'm also looking forward to playing with my old Guild Wars guild again :D

3. Rincewiend

Rincewiend Admiral Admiral

Played the betas, Looking forward to playing it.

4. Snowlilly

Snowlilly Lieutenant Red Shirt

Also plan on playing. Played the first one, and have also been playing all the betas as well.

5. Garrett

Garrett Vice Admiral Admiral

I've been looking forward to Guild Wars 2 for quite awhile. I pre-purchased back in April and participated in all of the beta weekends. I've purposedly not played more than an hour or so each time so there's plenty of new stuff to do in all areas when the game goes live.

6. Snowlilly

3 more days until headstart!

7. Rincewiend

1 day... :D

8. Snowlilly

I know and servers may be up as much as 3 hours early! Will be checking periodically starting 8 my time :)

9. Kytee

Kytee Commander Red Shirt

Im really looking forward to this one. The Betas were great, I played all sorts of professions and honestly each one had some appeal. Im pretty sure I'll start with a Gaurdian, but a warrior isnt out of the question either.
    -Kytee

10. Rincewiend

I love the fact you can send crafting materials to a special "vault", then pull them out when you are at a crafting station.

11. Garrett

Those are the two I was torn on. I ended up going with a human Guardian.

http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/5717/gw028xk.jpg

This was from fighting the Shadow Behemoth last night. This game often looks like a painting.

Also liked this one:
    http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/5963/gw021qz.jpg

12. backstept

backstept Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I had fun this weekend with the head start. Aside from overflow and party frustrations I think the launch is going well so far.
    I've got 2 characters up to around level 11 and I had some fun with my guild mates adventuring into dangerously high level areas :D

my main guy is a Norn Ranger (rides again! :p) and I also have a Human Guardian. I haven't seriously tried the other professions, but so far the one's I've tried are really fun to play.

13. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

So..how is it? I should be buying it this week. Planning to make a female blood legion Charr, but have to read some more on the lore.

14. Snowlilly

I have a level 16 charr ranger and a lvl 18 Asura Necro. The necro is my favorite by far. The ranger is OK but am not really liking the spell tree progression as the character will level . I also started a human ele which I tried in beta and really liked. I'm pretty sure the necro will be my main.

The only time I had trouble with lag of any kind was on the first day. So far grouping has gone really well. The few times we end up on diff overflow we seem to travel to the main map pretty quickly and end up together usually within a few minutes.

I can't wait to get high enough to run my first dungeon. Will be fun to see :)

15. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

That's great, glad to hear a good report. How many characters can you have per server?

16. Rincewiend

5, but you can buy more character slots.
    My main is a female human engineer, with with the huntsman and leatherworking proffesions.
    Small tip, buy some harvesting tools asap, you can start harvesting food, wood and metal from the get-go.

17. Snowlilly

It is not a per server thing but a game thing. You get so many character slots to begin with and then you can actually purchase additional slots through the in-game store. Once you pick a home world all your characters are assgined to that world (server) but you can play cross server anytime with friends which is nice and join cross server guilds as well :).

18. Trubinator

Trubinator Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I like the game so far. It has a cool art style and the gameplay actually feels fun! My problem with it so far is there's too little to do in-between levels. Your personal quest is the most fun thing to do but they make you wait multiple levels between each iteration of it. But ... the smaller quests are quite rare so you end up grinding quite a bit. Then again, it's hard to argue with an MMO that has no subscription fee.

19. Snowlilly

Are you doing the world events? I noticed they upped the xp quite a bit several days ago so I am no longer outleveling the hearts for quests. I have not had to do any grinding at all. So far the leveling is going very smoothly but I do the events if they are in the area. Oh and harvesting stuff gives you xp as well so I harvest all I can.

20. Garrett

Yeah, I would try to participate in any world events going around if you're having trouble with keeping leveled for content. With the level downscaling in game, it's worth it even if you've "leveled past it". Plus, a lot of them are a blast. The game really rewards exploration.