Jonathan Creek Easter spesh Beeb 1

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Deckerd, Apr 1, 2013.

1. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

OK, finally got to see it. YAY! I loved all the classic JC elements, especially when he pulled the coat out of the closet. Yes, the MI5 bit at the end was a bit much but I really liked the locked room mystery. This time, I was totally off base. I knew the things in the closet were important but I couldn't figure out how. I was thinking he faked his death or something.

I really loved the humor in this episode; they got the tone just right. And Rik Mayall was AWESOME, rolling in and out of the scenes with such aplomb.

*sigh*
    It makes me long for the old Jonathan Creek even more.

2. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

Well they're working on 3 more, so you should get more within a year or so.

Yeah, the MI5 plot was just really odd with no real connection to the story.

3. auntiehill

Wo-hoo!

More Jonathan Creek is always good news. Any information yet on when they might air?

4. Bob The Skutter

I believe they're filming later in the year, for Autumn/Winter 13/14 but Sheridan Smith is busy so may be delayed or we may lose Joey.

5. Deckerd

Deckerd Fleet Arse Premium Member

I enjoyed all the convolutedness. It was fun. I also like that he's moved on and married to a beautiful and unlikely choice of partner because as someone says, it gets rid of the tedious sexual tension that used to get dragged out and only really worked with Caroline Quentin. I've always liked the way he plays Jonathan with that slightly bewildered air overlayed with keen observation.

6. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

Well according to the Mirror Sheridan Smith won't be back so Sarah Alexander will be his companion...I mean assistant...I mean...you know!

Shame really, I liked Smith in this a lot, hopefully Alexander's character will be given more personality than she was in the Easter special.

7. auntiehill

I REALLY love Jonathan Creek. The new episodes can't get here fast enough.

8. Bob The Skutter

Sheridan's career really seems to be taking off, so not surprising she couldn't make it back. Good for her but I hope they make something better of the wife.

9. auntiehill

Me, too. She's pretty bland. I wonder if Jonathan's marriage will last; they could have him divorce, lose his place in her father's company and have to find another way to make money.