Fitness Checkin

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by kimc, Jan 16, 2009.

1. Daedalus12

Daedalus12 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I did 83 miles today on a mountain bike in a bit under 5 hours. The ride was mostly on the Silver Comet trail.

2. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

Last week was one of the single best weeks of working out I've had in a long time. Just the general feeling I have along with the results have been phenomenal, but chief amongst it all is that I've been very happy with my new training partners.

RAMA

3. Crusher Disciple

Crusher Disciple Admiral Admiral

Went for my intro class in Argentine Tango on Thursday. Tonight is the first regular group class. Belly dance class was yesterday. Since I got the new student unlimited special, I'm planning on Lindy hop tomorrow and salsa on wednesday.

4. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I've only worked out once in the last 2 weeks. I've been having a horrible time sleeping lately and haven't had any energy to go to the gym. I need to take some time off work to help correct myself.

5. Crusher Disciple

Went for my first group Argentine Tango lesson with my man.

We're still together. I even let him lead.

'TIS A MIRACLE!!! :rommie:

6. jamestyler

jamestyler Commodore Commodore

I'm back in the gym on a proper schedule - Strength is spot on, coordination and technique is fine, I just need to get my cardio back on track and using the Army fitness guides to help.

I feel odd that as I get closer to the end of my wrestling career I'm in far better shape.

7. jamestyler

I hate double posting.. but am too pleased with myself not to.

After putting it off for ages, I finally got weighed as I've got fitness tests to pass.

I was 112k this time last year, a little over 103k when I started to take it more seriously a couple of months ago ad I'm now at 84. 2-5k to go and I'll be happy.

I'm still in shock it was so low.

8. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

After battling some injuries, I've worked my way back up to a 405lb bench press. My friend and I are making so much progress, that we're planning on buying bench press shirts in the fall (after we lean down for summer)and competing in some bench press only competitions. I'm hoping for 525-575lbs with a shirt, and my friend wants to get 450. I outweigh him by 60-70lbs.

RAMA

9. backstept

backstept Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm down 16lbs since I started this adventure 3 months ago :D

10. archeryguy1701

archeryguy1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Got a pretty nice muddy, snowy, losty, post-holey run in yesterday in the mountains. I was with my mom, so there wasn't as much running as I would have liked, but it was still a pretty good workout, especially since every place I would step would collapse into at least a foot deep hole.

11. SmoothieX

SmoothieX Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm finally getting back into the swing of things. I had foot surgery in December and was totally out of commission for a good month or so, then quite limited for another month to 6 weeks.

I was pretty much good to go around the beginning of March, but after being out of the habit for so long, I had a hard time getting into the swing of things again.

The last 2 weeks have been much better. I exercised 5 days last week, if you include that one day I only took a brisk walk because both my shoulder and hip flexor hurt and I didn't want to push it.

I'm getting strength and stamina back and just generally feel healthier and more energetic.

12. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

Just AWESOME!:techman:

13. Crusher Disciple

I hated Lindy Hop but Salsa was awesome! I get 3 private lessons with my first month and we worked on Argentine Tango and Salsa. She suggested that I go to as many Salsa classes as I could since I like it so much.

The cool thing is that she teaches me what we'll be going over the next week during group classes, so I'm always a week ahead of the group. :D

14. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

Ohh salsa! Where is the film on this? :techman:

15. Crusher Disciple

No film! :lol: If I feel like it, I might check out the Rumba and Cha Cha classes on Thursday.

16. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

Darn! Good luck!

17. Danoz

Danoz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Okay!

Still going strong. M/W upper body and back. T/TH legs-- running 2 miles at 16 minutes-- then weekend running at the national mall between the monument and capital (back and forth is 4 miles). Plan on going hiking. Night weekend I'll be home, so racquetball.

There's my check-in. Last week was a little slower and I've had to work pretty late a couple nights-- but staying caught up, I just did pushups/dumbells at home a couple nights last week.

18. jamestyler

Another weigh in today and I'm bang on 80kg.

I wrestled last Sunday and everything was fine, strength is still top notch despite abandoning all weight lifting related stuff and focusing on cardio, I'm getting faster, more maneuverable and am running five miles a pop without vomiting.

The best part... my title's weight limit was dropped earlier this year making me, the champion, ineligible to hold it. I am now way, way under the weight limit and fully intend to defend it instead of vacating.

If I'm asked to put weight back on in the next few months - I may just go Ben Sisko crazy.

19. Crusher Disciple

I have got Salsa and Argentine Tango down! One more month of both and I'll be able to test out of level 1.

Next month I'm going to add Rumba and Cha Cha. I got a DVD from Netflix so I can be practicing on them. :D

20. Crusher Disciple

3 hours of dance so far this week. Going to see if I can do 2 tonight. :D