Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

Discussion in 'Trek Gaming' started by daedalus5, Sep 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -Brett-

-Brett- Vice Admiral Admiral

No. Why?

2. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

Wouldn't they just give you another faction specific character slot like with Klingons and feds?

3. -Brett-

Would save me a few bucks/some grinding for dilithium, but I can't see them being that generous.

4. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

I doubt Silvers will get a new slot for free.

Pretty much a given for Subs to get at least 3, so they can run one of each faction.

If you sub for one month, you will also get more bank and inventory space, 500 Zen and a couple other stuff I can't remember atm.

If you level any toon to max level while you are subbed you will also get a free ship? Not sure if that has ever changed.
    You will however gain free boff slots and starship slots for leveling up while gold.

5. Timelord Victorious

6. Haggis and tatties

Haggis and tatties Vice Admiral Admiral

I may just have to dig my log in details out and have a look at this.

7. -Brett-

I like the new Romulan uniforms. Of course, improving over the canon ones wouldn't be difficult.

8. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

Interestingly enough they look like a greenish version of the jackets you could get during the winter event.

9. sbk1234

sbk1234 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I may have missed something, but why can't I access a Romulan character? Is this only for folks who pay for the membership?

10. Ruaidhri

Ruaidhri Commodore Commodore

Ruaidhri...Toronto in body, Philly in spirit!
    Romulans don't go live until some time in May.

I'm assuming well start a board fleet, too. I'm so in.

11. Timelord Victorious

I just suggested 2 names for the Romulan fleet in the fleet thread.

12. Dale Sams

Dale Sams Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Are there any advantages to a Tac character flying a tactical ship, and engineer flying a command ship...etc...?

13. Praetor Adele

Praetor Adele Commodore Commodore

Your career skills compliment your "career" specific ships, but there's nothing holding you back. Most of my characters fly mix-matched ships for versatility vs. optimization.

14. intrinsical

intrinsical Commodore Commodore

I just had an interesting experience.. I thought I knew the game well and could build a good ship. But I couldn't increase the dps on my Engineer's Galor beyond 3.7k dps.

So I had a friend take a look at my ship and he made a few minor suggestions. Replaced EP2Aux1 with EP2Weapon1, changed the universal boff station from science (hazard emitters and transfer shield strength) to tactical (torpedo spread 1 and AP:Beta1), made me take 6 points in Attack Patterns skills. Suddenly my 3.7k dps Galor is now doing 5.5k dps! I'm still somewhat reeling in shock at the huge boost in dps.

He has a few suggestions that he claims can push dps up to 7k, replace B:FAW3 with B:FAW2, replace AP:Delta1 with AP:Omega3, replace my wide-angle quantum with a romulan plasma torpedo. Should I do it?

15. Blamo

Blamo Commodore Commodore

Sounds fine, especially the recommendation to put points in attack patterns, my personal recommendation though would be...

Stick 4x single cannons and 4x turrets on it (or 3x turrets and borg cutting beam), pref disruptors for the resist debuff. Cycle cannon rapid fire 1 & 2 and DEM 2 & 3 and you should have a pretty big DPS monster....

OR, if you're going to extremes, use this build:-

3x purple technician doffs (of the cooldown reduction variety).
    Fore - 4x single cannons (or 3 cannons + torp of choice) (crtd and crth are good choices here)
    Aft - 4x turrets (or 3 turrets and cutting beam if you have it)

Eng consoles - RCS, Borg, neutronium, romulan zero-point console (increases crit chance)
    Sci consoles - 3x field generators or replace some with romulan plasma proccing sci consoles
    Tac consoles - 3x energy type buffing consoles

Lt Cmdr Tac (preferably rare romulan tactical male boff as they boost crit chance and severity)- Tactical team 1, cannon rapid fire 1, attack pattern omega 1
    Cmdr Eng - Emergency power to shields 1, aux to battery 1, aux to battery 2, directed energy modulation 3.
    Lt Eng - Emergency power to engines 1, RSP
    Ens Sci - Tractor beam 1
    Lt Universal - hazard emitters 1, transfer shield strength 2 or torpedo skills

The 2x aux to battery skills will reduce all bridge officer powers down to global cooldowns, effectively meaning you have two of every skill. Two attack pattern omega 1's, two cannon rapid fire 1's, 2x RSP, 2x DEM etc etc. And yes, this is working as intended by the devs.

The cutting beam and borg console gives you the chance of a nadion inversion proc, for every shot of ALL of your weapons. Trust me, with the number of cannon and turret shots being fired, it procs a lot.

The Marion Francis doff gives you

That should get you to 9k.

16. Amaris

Amaris Fleet Admiral Admiral

Playable Romulan Faction? I'm in! Never was much for my Klingon toon, so I'll just delete that and use the space for the Romulan which shall be ever so superior. :D

17. Timelord Victorious

J. , do you have to use that avatar? it's sooooo distracting! :rommie:

18. SeerSGB

SeerSGB Admiral Admiral

Same here. I have a Klingon character, the most I played it was during the 3rd year event.

19. Amaris

Amaris Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yes, I do. It's required by law. Brannigan's Law. :p

20. Capn Flukie

Capn Flukie Fleet Admiral Admiral

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.