Continuum the new tv series!

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Snick27, May 14, 2012.

1. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

I was really Happy when Trip Tucker told me that they're still making Superman Comics in the late 22nd Century, but I am appalled to think that in a world governed by Time AOL Warner, that they've discontinued the production of Batman comics by the 2040s.

2. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

I was surprised to see it this week. Thought it was coming back next week.

3. Guy Gardener

It's possible that you travelled in time.

4. jayceee

jayceee Commander Red Shirt

5. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

Awesome! Season 2 starts on Syfy this Friday.

6. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

So I am finally caught up, Season 2 Episode 8.

I've been trying to watch all the new and newish sci fi stuff out there and while I've enjoyed it all somewhat this series is the first thing that has really grabbed me. And it's grabbed me hard, it is fantastic.

I love how characters you think are bog standard end up being fleshed out and much more layered. I love how minor characters become more and more important. I love how though there are conspiracies they are agenda based in ways that are believable and they don't fall into that whole endlessly peeling the onion deal that Lost did.

I love Magda Apanowicz, what a great actress. I've only seen her in Caprica before this where her interesting face caught my attention.

[​IMG]

I LOVE JASON who is the most adorably hot n' scruffy man I have seen in a long time, he is perfect. I could eat him up.

Yes he's a bit crazy but I reeeeaaaaaally like him.. :lol:

[​IMG]

I'm continually impressed with how they write Alec. He could have been just been a boy wonder but he's a real teenager and it's very interesting to see him chafing at being the focus of everyone's agendas including his future self's. And to think when we first see him he's just trying to get out of having to eat dinner with the family.

Time travel is one of my favorite things and this show does it so well. I love how the character and story building flashbacks are all set in the future. And the deaths, anything can happen. Plenty of surprises. Luvia Petersen is great as Garza, they could have just made her another pretty girl like Sonia but instead we get this interesting and crafty face.

I've been trying to get other people to start watching this show! It is ALL arc, not formulaic or procedural. If that will push someone into it :D

It is making me super happy.

7. Guy Gardener

If you can handle Disney values, Kyle XY is a nice place to see Magda.

You find Homeless people sexy?

Let's just watch the bottom fall out of the men's hygiene product market after that gem makes the rounds.

8. teacake

Men have a hygiene product market?

Yes, he's damn sexy.

I'm going to rewatch some episodes and spam up this thread with photos of him.

9. Guy Gardener

Between the Gay Men and Straight Women, stuff falls through the cracks to us and the lesbians.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2013
  10. teacake

I should really make a joke about bottom feeders now but I fear being misconstrued.

11. Guy Gardener

Perfectly balancing a mostly vicious snark is an art.

You can do it, I have faith in you.

12. teacake

They REALLY don't have teeth in them no matter what your heath teacher told you.

13. Guy Gardener

What must you think of the terrain in this country that my schooling provided a specialized heath teacher?

14. teacake

I know you ate all the Moa.

15. Guy Gardener

Yes me personally.

I Kentucky Fried every last frakking one of them.

Who do you think Magda, on the show, is working for?

16. teacake

I am pretty sure that in the last episode we see her on several occasions clasp her hands and/or put them in her coat pockets nervously when she has to talk with Kiera. I think she has those little code tattoos between her fingers.

17. Guy Gardener

Small brands. Bah! Should'a been microdots.

(I suppose the more complicated the identifier, the harder it will be to access what ever information they "hold" further down the time stream.)

I wasn't sure if the guy she killed in Alec's apartment was working for Esher or the dothands... Although I'm reasonably sure that the show is not going to go meta and have Esher being a liar who is also in control of the dothands despite claiming that they are the opposition.

18. teacake

But Escher is a dothand.

Okay he might be an ex dothand but he didn't tell Kiera that he used to be with them when he told her about them.

19. Guy Gardener

Esher told Cameron about the dots.

He's hardly going to out himself unless he's playing a very long game?

That's what Lucas tried to do with Palpatine, but fuck it, that was just a mess by the end, and you have no idea why he did anything, or how he benefited form fighting himself for years that a bomb in the Jedi temple wouldn't have years earlier.

20. teacake

Escher has the dots himself on his hands.

So he either is a dothand still, was a dothand or at some point was impersonating dothands. I think he may have told her about the dothands to drive her into their (his) trap. She didn't know who did what when before this, now she has a dotcrumb trail to follow and he knows where she is going. He can determine where she will be by the judicious dropping of dots. He can direct her. He can totally set her up.