NFL Discussion - 2013 Season

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by tomalak301, Sep 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

Mel Tucker could fired, but not fired into the sun (sorry Timby).

Story.

2. Venardhi

Venardhi Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah. there were a few other pretty blatant holds near the end of the game, but the refs were being inordinately lax on the calls overall that game and SF benefited from a few missed calls too. They still should have called that potentially game-changing hold, but since it didn't change the end result I can't manage to get very upset.

3. Spider

Spider Dirty Old Man Premium Member

I'm jumping on the Seattle bandwagon for the rest of the playoffs, I've got relatives up there.

At least my Texans got the jump on getting a nice new head coach on the other teams. And we've got the first pick in a draft where the first pick isn't worth being 1.1. LOL

4. Pegaritaville

Pegaritaville Vice Admiral Admiral

I'll be rooting for all the underdogs this weekend. But if I need the other team to win in order to hit on one of my numbers, I'll be rooting for that. As long as my team's already out, I might as well go for the money.

5. Kirby

Kirby Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

As an (almost) life long Colorado resident, my first choice is the Broncos, but honestly, if it's not the Broncos I'll take the Chargers over the Patriots anyday.

6. SmoothieX

SmoothieX Vice Admiral Admiral

I think everyone knows who I am rooting for.

7. Kirby

Kirby Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^^ Yes, but we still like you regardless of that.

8. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

If not the 49ers, I want the two best teams (And cold weather cities) in the Super Bowl: Seattle and Denver.

9. Timby

Timby o yea just like that Administrator

The NFL (and probably FOX, too).

10. SmoothieX

You forgot most of America.

11. Peach Wookiee

Peach Wookiee Cuddly Mod of Doom Moderator

I want the Hawks to do it this year. To make it to the Superbowl and win. I've never seen Seattle this excited. Yesterday I was driving down 405 and there were fans on a footbridge overpass waving their 12th Fan flags. It was amazing to see.

12. Spider

LOL at Colston. What an idiot.

13. Peach Wookiee

I understand him wanting to try, but that was still a boneheaded move. New Orleans gave us one heck of a fight. And the mayor of New Orleans is sending Seattle's mayor some seafood and a king cake! I've never had the latter, but read about them. What are they like?

14. Spider

Well I'm on the Seattle bandwagon the rest of the way, I've got relatives in Washington and Oregon. The Seahawks have always kind of been my 2nd NFL team behind the Oilers and Texans.

15. Peach Wookiee

They're my first team. :) I've grown up with them, you might say.

16. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

Memo to advertisers: Can I please not have to hear that fucking Bruno Mars song every five minutes?

whoop whoop whoooooop whoop - whoop whoop whooooop whoop OOMPH (gag)

17. gblews

gblews Vice Admiral Admiral

Dierdorf was so wrong. That safety on the botched punt snap was actually the best thing that could have happened to the Pats on that play. If the kicker somehow managed to down the ball on the 1 or 2, the Colts almost surely would have gotten a touchdown which would have meant 5 more points than the safety for the Colts. Even a field goal would have given the Colts an additional point. With the safety, the Colts got only two points and after the Pats' kick, had to start their drive on the other side of the 50.

The play was inadvertent but it was the "smart" play. Dierdorf struggled to try to figure out how say the Colts having the ball on the 1 or 2 was a better outcome for the Pats on the play. Dan must never have seen teams who are kicking from deep in their own end zone, have the punter just step out of bounds.

18. SmoothieX

Let's go Pats.

19. chrisspringob

chrisspringob Commodore Commodore

Was it the best, or was it the second best? It looked like Allen was trying to throw a pass when he fumbled the ball. Wouldn't the smart play have been for him to throw that pass, and have it fall incomplete? Then there would be no safety, but since it was an incomplete pass on 4th down, the Colts would take over at the line of scrimmage (which, IIRC, was somewhere around midfield), not on the Pats' 2 yard line.

I don't remember exactly where the line of scrimmage was, but depending on where it was, that might have been better than giving Indy 2 free points. (Though awfully difficult to execute. Allen would have to throw it in the direction of one of his teammates to avoid an intentional grounding penalty, and he'd have to trust that player to be smart enough to let it fall to the ground.)

But either way, giving Indy possession on the NE 2 yard line would have been the worst scenario, so Dierdorf was absolutely wrong on that.

20. Green Shirt

Green Shirt Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That's probably why he's retiring, realizing its time to go.:klingon:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.