Titan eBook novella coming

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by Defcon, Jul 22, 2013.

1. Chris McCarver

Chris McCarver Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Welcome aboard, looking forward to seeing the book. :)

2. Julio Angel Ortiz

Julio Angel Ortiz Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

You don't need to know anything about the Fate of the Jedi series to read Lost Tribe. The stories collection provides a backstory (set over the course of 5,000+ years) for the Lost Tribe of the Sith and what makes them different from other takes on the concept.

ETA: And like I mentioned earlier, having read it, I definitely recommend the collection.

3. Defcon

Defcon Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Thanks for the input. I think I will give it a try the next time I'm out of stuff to read. :)

4. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

Welcome to the board, John. I'm always interested in seeing a new author's take on Star Trek. Don't leave in suspense too long over the plot.

5. Julio Angel Ortiz

Julio Angel Ortiz Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

So, if you're like me, that will be sometime around 2048? :p

6. Defcon

Defcon Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Theoretically? Yes. :lol:

But I think I'll be able to fit it in sometime before the Titan eBook.

7. Chris McCarver

For those looking for more of his stuff, he's also written quite a few comics in the past decade, mostly Star Wars and Mass Effect titles for Dark Horse, plus a Crimson Dynamo series and a 13-issue run on Iron Man for Marvel in 2004.

8. Man of Steel

Man of Steel Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I have your Star Wars E Book 8 part series (Is it 6 I forgot?) I just got your I kenobi book courtesy of Amazon Vine.. My first Star Wars book I own. :)

9. JJMiller

JJMiller Writer Red Shirt

Lost Tribe was eight e-book short stories that we then bundled and added a novella to. They're as stand-alone as it gets in the Star Wars world.

For my take on the 22nd century closer to our stellar home, I have a new SF series of my own, Overdraft -- physical book just came out today, ebook already available. There's also a little short story prequel here. It's a little lighter-hearted than my Trek or Wars approach, but the science is definitely of a Trek vein.

10. BritishSeaPower

BritishSeaPower Captain Captain

I'm certain I've read some Mr. Miller's comics, but I can't recall for certain (I'm pretty certain I have those Iron Man issues). I've been toying with picking up Lost Tribe but have so much of a backlog. I am eagerly anticipating Kenobi, though.

This sounds great, though. I've finally started reading the Titan novels and am eager for more.

11. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I just checked my Shelfari account, and it turns out I have read some of JJMiller's Star Wars stuff. I read the first two Knights of the Old Republic comics, and I absolutely loved them. Knowing this makes me a lot more excited to see his take on Titan.

12. Stevil2001

Stevil2001 Vice Admiral Admiral

Knights of the Old Republic is the best ongoing Star Wars comic ever published, probably. It's definitely the one that captures the original film the most.

13. Man of Steel

Man of Steel Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

It's also an excellent video game.

14. Avro Arrow

Avro Arrow Vice Admiral Moderator

The name wasn't familiar to me (I've never read any Star Wars novels), but I have read all the Mass Effect comics. So I checked The Comic Book Database, and it looks like he was a writer (with Mac Walters) on the first three miniseries: Redemption, Evolution and Invasion.

More eBook novellas are always welcome! :techman:

15. Judith Sisko

Judith Sisko Commander Red Shirt

I'm looking forward to reading this.

1) I appreciate the eBook novella format,
    2) I've missed the Titan crew [Checked out StF from the library and didn't finish it. Skipped FG completely.]
    3) a new author that everyone is pumped about writing Trek.

Welcome, JJMiller!

16. JWolf

JWolf Commodore Commodore

I'm waiting for the We want this in print complaints. They usually come right about the release time for the eBook only release.

I am also looking forward to this novella. It sounds interesting. And given that the last Titan book was a bust, it's good to get back to some good writing.

17. Chris McCarver

I think all I've read of his was a few of his Iron Man issues and that story he wrote in that issue of The Gathering I did a story for. Looking forward to a new author added to the TrekLit fold all the same! :)

18. Lt. Cheka Wey

Lt. Cheka Wey Commander

He slso wrote some Crimson Dynamo.

19. tomswift2002

tomswift2002 Commodore Commodore

Hopefully S&S will put out an omnibus of all the ebook only titles, since I hate not having the books as part of my bookshelf.

But at least what is in the ebook only releases is unimportant to the main storylines.

20. Kertrats47

Kertrats47 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That's one! :D