Thieving bastards!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Kelso, Nov 24, 2011.

1. Kelso

Kelso Vice Admiral Admiral

On the destruct button until the last minute!
    Uggh. Someone walked up to my car and stole my phone and new laptop and my fiance's purse right out of it while we were moving things into our new apartment tonight!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

God, what a pain in the ass. It's a nice complex, too!

I can't even explain how irritated I am right now.

2. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

Dude, that SUCKS! Did they smash your window in? Make sure you file a report and get all the fiance's credit cards cancelled (as well as your phone service) ASAP.

People are scum.

3. Miss Chicken

Miss Chicken Little three legged cat with attitude Admiral

Sorry to hear about your loss. I would be angry if it happened to me.

One of my friends is upset because her young son (about 9 years old) was in hospital having an operation and someone stole his Gameboy while he was sleeping.

4. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

Turn in your serial # on your laptop to the police if you still have it. Odds are that they're going to right to the pawnshop to get drug money.

5. ed629

ed629 Rear Admiral

Your phone service provider may be able to find out where your phone is.

6. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ Yep. If it's an iPhone, I think you can use Apple's "Find my iPhone" to locate it, and even wipe its information clean if need be (so the thieves can't get any personal info about you).

7. Deckerd

Deckerd Fleet Arse Premium Member

It's bound to be somebody local, so it's definitely worth telling the police if you haven't already. They know where these items are likely to be reset.

8. Kirby

Kirby Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Welcome to the neighborhood.

Notify the police and the facility management then go hunt the bastards down Rambo-style... Or see if your insurance will cover it.

9. Spot's Meow

Spot's Meow Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm sorry to hear that. :( Definitely notify the complex's management.

10. ares93

ares93 Commodore Commodore

Bloody hell, cheeky bastards. Risky too, you could've returned anytime and caught him.

Right, have the mobile tracked either via Find my iPhone/Find my Droid or via your provider. Same for your computer if you have working WWAN.

Some people should just be shot on sight. No questions asked.

11. Holdfast

Holdfast Fleet Admiral Admiral

Cheeky gits.

Maybe it's a neighbourhood initiation ritual and you'll get them back tomorrow...

(... don't hold your breath... :D )

I heard on the local radio that some thieves in my city have been doing something similar recently too. Opportunistic toerags...

12. Kelso

well, the purse was discovered this morning in some bushes. The only things missing were her cards, which she had already cancelled.

I had my phone service suspended until I can get a new one and changed all of my internet passwords just in case. I'll be contacting my insurance company after the holiday weekend to see what can be done there.

Thanks for the suggestions, all. I'll definitely look into some of these fancy security precautions for my next phone and laptop. Or perhaps I'll just install a self-destruct in my next laptop that can be remotely activated. Klingon bastards.

Yeah, we did those things immediately.

Uggh. People suck.

lol. Yeah, really! I want to leave all of my car doors open and wait in the bushes to see who approaches. My fiance thinks that this is a bad idea.

LOL! Yeah, I'm sure everything will be returned at the surprise party! My neighbors, what a bunch of rascals! :lol:

Thanks, guys.

13. CommanderRaytas

CommanderRaytas DISCO QUEEEEEEN Rear Admiral

Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic

Okay, this is just downright horrible. :(

14. Peach Wookiee

Peach Wookiee Cuddly Mod of Doom Moderator

That's just sick. Stealing from a kid... :(

15. ShamelessMcBundy

ShamelessMcBundy Fleet Admiral Admiral

Oooh, with Majel's voice too!

16. Kelso

^ Yeah, I need an app that will allow me to text "code1-1a-2b" to my own phone and make it explode! :lol:

FYI: Her debit card turned up on the tennis court today. *sigh*

I've spoken with a few of my new neighbors, and they are really surprised that something like this happened. The lady in the next apartment assured me that she has lived here for 3 years and has had no problems whatsoever.

I'm pretty sure they're all in on it. I'm going to ransack their apartments just to be sure.

17. PKTrekGirl

PKTrekGirl Arrogant Niner Thug Admiral

Ah!!! I miss Atlanta so much. Not.

So sorry, Kelso!!! What a bummer. Doesn't bode well for the new 'hood I'm afraid. :( I think you need to forget about that apartment and just rent my house from me. I'll give ya a good deal. :lol:

18. Crewman47

Crewman47 Commodore Newbie

I'm assuming that as you were just moving things from your car to your house then the car would've been unlocked, wouldn't this void your insurance for any cover you had on contents inside the car? I think most companies do that hear in the UK.

19. ares93

ares93 Commodore Commodore

Same here, mate. They'd do anything to get out of paying.

On the other hand, what they don't know wont hurt them. And you're not lying if they don't ask. Nobody forces you to volonteer the information.

20. Kelso

Well, we're in a lease for at least the next 15 months. After that you might be getting a PM from me. :)

Do you work for State Farm!?! lol. They said essentially the same thing today. No luck on that front... but it was worth a shot.