The "Party like it's 1999" thread.

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Deep Space Nine' started by PKTrekGirl, Dec 2, 2003.

1. PKTrekGirl

PKTrekGirl Arrogant Niner Thug Admiral

Well, gang...here in Region 1, the year-long anticipation and excitement we have been experiencing in this forum over the DVD release of DS9 is finally coming to an end. Tomorrow (or should I say, later today), season 7 will be in our grubby little paws, and DS9 on DVD will finally be complete!

I just wanted to open this thread to celebrate this...and all the fun times we have had in this forum over the past year as the DVD's were released.

In a way...it is sad. Kinda like it was in 1999 when DS9 ended. But it is also a time of celebration, because of the good times we have shared in here...and the good times and fun discussions we can share in the future because of these DVD's. Additionally, we have welcomed a fair number of DS9 newbies this year as well. I hope that all of you guys have enjoyed taking this ride with us! We TRIED not to spoil you too much! ;)

So I invite you all to kick back, crack open a beer, put on some Vic Fontaine music, and celebrate the past year in this forum one more time!

You guys have all been a wonderful crowd to celebrate each new release with. And I have been HONORED to be the mod of this forum. I couldn't have asked for a better gig...and YOU GUYS are the reason! The show is fantastic...but what good is a fantastic show if you don't have great people to discuss it with?!

So drinks all 'round! On me! :cool: Cus you guys...and DS9...have made the past year around here a very good one for me! :cool:

2. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'll take a pint of the finest brew, and an ale for me mate.

3. RTOlson

RTOlson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It's been great following the release of DS9 throughout the year. In an era that many see as Star Trek's twilight, the release of the DVDs (and new novels) has allowed me to rediscover how great DS9 and Star Trek as a whole truly is.

Although I've mainly lurked on the DS9 board, I've enjoyed sharing my memories with others.

*raises glass of spring wine in salute*

So to quote the words of the greatest captain in the fleet --

4. Judas Ascendant

Judas Ascendant Commodore Commodore

Where's my gagh? I can't have a beer without something to eat. Barkeep! Where is that damn Ferengi? :p

5. Fencer

Fencer Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

If I'm partying like it's 1999 does that mean that I have to start worrying about the Millennium bug again? Cause it's going to be hard watch season 7 in my fully stoked survial bunker? :lol:

6. Guest

Guest Guest

RTOlson, *sniff*, that quote is beautiful.

Fencer, did you watch too much of the NBC TV-movie Y2K: The Movie? ;)

Hey, where'd they come from?

*SetaCourse points to giraffes sniffing patrons on the upper level of Quark's Bar*

7. kevsthaman

kevsthaman Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Party like it's 1999! Oh yeah!!! [​IMG]

I'll put on my favorite Vic song, featuring that captain with the silky voice ;)

"THE BEST IS YET TO COME AND BABE WON'T IT BE FIIINE!!"

Everyone sing along!! :D

8. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'll take some Kanar. Hey, I got used to it during the Occupation! :p

9. PKTrekGirl

And as you all can see...the famous Klingon Chef of the BBS has joined us! What delicious Klingon specialties do you have for us today, Kev?

While I'm waiting for a menu, I think I'll have a cup of blood wine and make this toast for the last time: "DS9 on DVD: Today is a good day to buy!"

Cheers everyone!

10. Steven

Steven Admiral Admiral

*raises a glass of root beer* (I've got class right away)

Cheers!

I'll be back this afternoon after classes and making a trip to Future Shop. ;)

11. kevsthaman

kevsthaman Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^Ah yes! I had to break the Chef back out for my tribute to this day ;) What's a party without GOOD KLINGON FOOD :D :D :D

So, for Judas Ascendant and anyone else interested, I have good, fresh gagh! Nowhere near dead, and seasoned with my own blend of 13 herbs & spices (yep, 13, I had a couple extra on the Colonel's... Kira that is :p)

Vash, I've got that blend of raktajino you love so well!

And for the party, I'll revitalize part of my menu from the ol Commie's board Klingon Restaurant:
    - Cornholio's Heart of Targ Nachos (spicy!)
    - Roasted Targ, marinated in the blood of a kolar beast
    - Goldie's Bloodwine & Habaneros Crab Legs
    - Rokeg Blood Pie (with chocolate sprinkles :cool:)
    - and good ol Bloodwine & Prune Juice to wash it all down :lol:

Eat! Drink! Be Merry!!! :D

12. Fencer

Fencer Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Hey you won't be laughing when the power goes out and... I think I just saw a Blackhole with my name on, it sorry must run. :)

13. Sakrysta

Sakrysta Vice Admiral Admiral

I may just have to put that in my sig! :D

*rolls in a cellular peptide cake with mint frosting*

Yeah, I know it's the wrong series. :p But doesn't that chocolate Quark head look yummy? ;) :lol:

14. Guest

Guest Guest

Is that anatomically correct? Wow. ;)

15. PKTrekGirl

Just to clarify here, you may want to take a look at Kev's and my siglines. Sadly, I cannot take credit for that quote. The credit goes to O'Brien's Scotch...who was the first to come up with it in this forum...way back in April or so! ;)

16. Guest

Guest Guest

I didn't know O'Brien Scotch is the name of a poster. I thought it was the label on a bottle in Quark's bar. :)

Another beautiful quote...

17. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Fleet Admiral Admiral

Am I the only one starting to feel a little depressed?

18. admiralelectron

admiralelectron Vice Admiral Admiral

It was an excellent year, Vash. [​IMG]But like the man said, "All good things must come to an end." :D And so, we will party [​IMG] like it's 1999 since tomorrow will never come.

19. HorckDude

HorckDude Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

An idea for next year when we all have the series' full run:
    What about making themed DS9 weeks. So for example we have a 'Kai Winn week' where we choose the bests episodes about Kai Winn and all watch those eps that week.

Just a thought. :)

20. That is so true! :D

I think I'll have some of that Rokeg Blood Pie, this is a party after all, might as well have dessert first! :D :cool: