Whatever happened to Starship Exeter?

Discussion in 'Fan Productions' started by TK421, Dec 13, 2008.

1. Kirk here

Kirk here Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

I've had the downloaded files on my computer for about 2 years now, and haven't watched them yet. I'm looking forward to it because of all of the rave reviews here. I guess I'm a little more patient than those that have whetted their appetites by watching the released acts.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2011
  2. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

I've watched them in the manner they were intended to be watched: serially.

3. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

Which has been my approach to dating, for the most part.

4. xortex

xortex Commodore Commodore

What ever happened to the original poster?

Oh yea. He got married and had three kids and moved to Peoria. He later divorced and dated a prostitute and went bankrupt and owed the IRS thousands. He then got into big fights with his ex wife over alimony(all his money) payments. She sued him in open court and dragged his name through the mud. He than changed professions and started a small business in Deluth, North Dakota and earned a modest living for several years. He later joined the peace corps, climbed Mt. Mkinley and died.

5. Captain Robert April

Captain Robert April Vice Admiral Admiral

Ah, always the same old story....

6. Admiral Buzzkill

Gotta watch out for those midwesterners.

7. RobertBernardo

RobertBernardo Ensign Red Shirt

I saw the Menagerie in IMAX when it was shown here a few years ago at the local theatre. It was beautiful.

8. Robert Simmons

Robert Simmons Commander Red Shirt

Out There Joy Riding a console hopping galaxies
    Same here. I loved it. And I would pay to see it again without hesitation.

Nice how Roddenbury before the movie started devoted some time to addressing the corrected "The Cage" Special Effect, and recounting how his father was not satisfied with them. Interesting picture into the private personal life and one on one time with father and son times of Gene and his family.

9. Admiral Buzzkill

With CG effects, yep - I did the same here in DC during the same release. I enjoyed the novelty of it, but it showed every shortcoming of having been made for television in the mid-1960s - lighting, film stock, design detail, shot composition, pacing...on and on and on.

Anne Hathaway naked does not reveal flaws of a similar nature.

10. Expo67

Expo67 Captain

You got something against those who live in the mid-western section of the United States?

11. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

Right now, Dennis is gunning for anyone who even thought to call him a blockhead.

12. Expo67

Expo67 Captain

Well, if that is how Dennis feels, then he should follow the advice of the late Richard Jones(the OCP Executive in RoboCop, played by Ronny Cox).

"If you can't stand the heat, then stay out of the kitchen."

13. Captain Robert April

Well, I've called Dennis a lot of things over the years, but I'm pretty sure "blockhead" isn't one of 'em...

14. Expo67

Expo67 Captain

So have I, and in a very negative light I might add. Something that is no major secret to many. However, to quote a certain Vulcan scientist "that is to be expected of opposing mentalities of extreme viewpoints."

I guess being called a blockhead falls under the category of "the truth hurts".

I might also add that remarks of Anne Hathaway being in the nude is ungentlemanly like.

15. Admiral Buzzkill

:lol: You know good ol' Chuck? I first encountered him at DragonCon in 2008.

16. Captain Robert April

Actually, the comments about Anne Hathaway is one of those few instances where I agree with Dennis wholeheartedly...

17. T'Bonz

T'Bonz Romulan Curmudgeon Administrator

You do realize you have a cranky bitch of a mod in here now, who has a low tolerance for bad behaviors. She prefers a peaceful forum, and while she doesn't like to fire up the warning utility and often won't do so the instant someone says something that warrants a warning, she will do so when people don't take the hint which is given when she brushes the cobwebs off of the keyboard and types a post telling people to knock off the personal crap.

If some of you don't like each other, I don't care. But keep the passive-aggressive and the not so passive-aggressive attacks out of here.

18. Admiral Buzzkill

In that spirit let me just offer that Naked Anne Hathaway seems to be a topic on which April and I can set aside our differences. Maybe she should do a good will tour of the Middle East. ;)

19. T'Bonz

T'Bonz Romulan Curmudgeon Administrator

Somehow most men (and a few women) can set aside their differences when it comes to discussing naked women. :lol:

20. number6

number6 Vice Admiral

Nudity always trumps ego!! :lol: