World Premiere/Advance screening discussions [SPOILERS GUARANTEED]

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by M'Sharak, Apr 5, 2009.

1. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

Iano, does the movie start with Spock and Nero in the 24th century, or does it 'flashback' to that period later on?

2. Iano

Iano Lieutenant Red Shirt

Yeah, boy on Vulcan. They show him in "school" getting teased for being half human. He's got a black uniform, I think all the Academy grads wear them.

3. Kokomo

Kokomo Commander Red Shirt

Yesteryear in live-action! Yes!!! :techman:

4. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ I always wondered why Vulcan children would do that. Surely it's not "logical" to tease...

5. Iano

You know I was thinking the exact same thing during that scene, the only theory I can come to is that Vulcan children don't yet have mastery over their emotions. I remember the VOY episode with young Tuvok who exhibited a lack of emotional control.

6. Franklin

Franklin Vice Admiral Admiral

That's a good way of putting it, I guess.

-----------------------------------------

On another tack, is it just me, or are we getting any real :drool::drool::drool: (as in OMG!) spoilerage here? So far, it seems just most of what's already received tons of speculation on these boards about what happens is being confirmed.

My questions:
    1. When and where does the tribble appear?
    2. What's Kirk's drunk uncle's role in this movie?
    3. Does Kirk have a brother in this movie?
    4. Was Nero imprisoned on Rure Penthe?
    5. Why is Nero suddenly so pissed at Spock? According to the comic, Spock did everything he could to help Romulus. Nero knows that. So, how does Spock become the focus of Nero's anger?

7. FarDreaming

FarDreaming Lieutenant Red Shirt

Iano-

Thank you for your patience here. I just want to know if Spock is successful in rescuing his parents? I know we see the clips of his trying, but not the outcome!

Thanks Again!

8. Iano

Yowsa, that's quite a list!

1. Didn't see a tribble.
    2. Drunk uncle???
    3. There's a kid at the beginning of the movie that he drives by in the Mustang. Maybe that was his brother?
    4. Don't recall anything pertaining to that.
    I don't believe Spock is the total focus of his anger, its the Federation. Spock just possesses the instrument Nero will use to carry out the Federation's destruction. He blames the Federation for standing idly by as Romulus was destroyed (and his family with it) by the supernova. He does however wants Spock to feel his pain hence why he destroys Vulcan first.

9. Iano

He is able to save Sarek, but not Amanda. His parents and several other Vulcans are being transported to the Enterprise as Vulcan is about to collapse in upon itself. The ground gives way under Amanda and they are unable to keep the transporter lock.

10. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

Where does this supernova come from that destroys Romulus?

Why didn't they have enough time to evacuate Romulus?

So you are saying the Federation does NOTHING to help the Romulans?

11. od0_ital

od0_ital Admiral Admiral

So, if ya scroll back a few pages, ya can see that I was at the event here in Austin last night, with Leonard Nimoy and the three writers in attendance.

Here's the swag I got from that event.

[​IMG]

That's the movie poster, pre-signed by Leonard Nimoy, the sign that was on my reserved seat, which I got Mr. Nimoy to sign on his way back to the stage after the movie, and the wristband that got me the reserved seat & the movie poster.

12. urbandk

urbandk Commodore Commodore

this is really all covered in countdown. they hardly touch this stuff in the movie. it's somewhat ancillary to the main story.

13. Iano

It was a natural event.

That's a good question. :) Time appeared to be a factor as Spock took Vulcan's fastest ship.

14. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

What is countdown? Never heard of it.

15. Iano

Aww man that's awesome! I wish they had enough swag to go around for the non-members. Was an awesome night though can't really complain.

16. urbandk

urbandk Commodore Commodore

the prequel comics that preceded the film. they're all set in the 24th century and deal with the backstory that sets up the Nero villain and the Nimoy Spock involvement. They've all been released and I think a trade paperback compilation is coming out within days.

17. Iano

Ahhhh so that's what people keep talking about. I'll definitely have to pick up the compilation when it comes out.

18. Kokomo

WHAT?!?!?! Are you telling me that
    Amanda dies?!
    :eek:

19. Iano

Yes. :-/

20. Kokomo

- Does George Kirk have an Australian accent? (Chris Hemsworth is Australian)
    - How does the scene play out when Kirk is born? Does his father interact with him at all?
    - What do the Kelvin uniforms look like?