Warehouse 13 Season 4 (discussion, spoilers)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by 1001001, Jul 17, 2012.

1. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I watched the episode that was posted early. I really liked it, and I'm very curious where they are going with the new characters.

2. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

OMG WHAT POLLY WALKER WHAT?!

3. lennier1

lennier1 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Someone really must have it in for James Marsters. Just about every noteworthy character of his ends up as a punching bag.

4. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

I am so so so happy that Polly Walker will be a continuing character. I adore her. The new storyline with her and Germaine has me looking forward to more.

5. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I really like James Marsters and Polly Walker, and the story set up round them is pretty interesting. I can wait to see where things go from there.

6. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Did anyone else find it amusing that last night's ep guest-starred Spike, Kathryn Janeway, and The Bionic Woman?

7. JanewayRulz!

JanewayRulz! Vice Admiral Admiral

It was guest star heaven, since even Leena and MacPherson had roles!

What made me laugh was when Pete asked "Spike" if he was a vampire and he said no... then "Spike" suggested only preadolescent girls were interested in Vampires which made Pete whisper HIS own fasciantion with them.

So, since Charlotte was once his wife, does that mean she's 500 years old too?

8. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Besides being a Buffy joke, I wondered if the vampire bit was also an allusion to Chelsea Quinn Yarbo's long-running series of novels in which Saint-Germain is a vampire . . . .

9. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Didn't she make a comment at the end that implied that she also knew Marie Antoinette?

10. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

Yes, she did.

I finally watched it tonight.

I loved it! I thought that was one of the best episodes ever. Great guest stars, poignant ending, good humor.

James Marsters was excellent in that role. I'm glad he lived (apparently). And the Caprica babe is his wife...awesome!

:techman:

11. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

Poor Artie. :( It was sad to see him hiding away in the fantasy B&B, bantering with Leena. He will have a hard time forgiving himself, but it looks like the all-wise Mrs Frederick will be able to pull him through. I will miss Leena.

It was great to see James Marsters, and it's nice to know that he will be a recurring character. Looks like an interesting plotline shaping up there.

All in all, a great return after too long an absence.

12. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

Watched this last night. What a great episode!

A very emotional scene with Artie and Mrs. Fredrick. I imagine this will be with him for a long time. I wonder if we will see Lena again, as Artie struggles to cope.

I hope the rest of the season is as good as this first one.

13. auntiehill

Tonight's episode was pretty good; I like how they are showing consequence and not just moving on like nothing happened. So is Jinks the "new Lena" or will they find another replacement?

14. RJDiogenes

I think I read somewhere that there will be a new character running the B&B. I believe it's to be an Asian woman.

15. auntiehill

Ah. Yes, I think I caught a glimpse of her in the promos. It will be interesting to see how she fits into the group dynamic.

16. Silvercrest

Silvercrest Vice Admiral Admiral

I took that to mean she might BE Marie Antoinette, but I may be reading too much into it.

17. RJDiogenes

We'll see if she let's anybody eat cake.

Last night was good, focusing not only on Artie's journey, but also on Claudia's. The artifact adventure dovetailed nicely with her situation, and her touching moment with Artie was perfect-- "That's all." :rommie: And Artie is slowly getting there. But, I wonder, since the Warehouse has its own on-call physician, don't they have an on-call shrink?

Everybody else was in good form, with Myka pestering Artie for his own good, Steve getting to put his inner calm to good use and Pete showing off his knowledge of Yogi Bear, Metallica and Thoreau. :rommie:

18. JanewayRulz!

JanewayRulz! Vice Admiral Admiral

Last night was "fun", but how does the Warehouse/Secret Service explain away all the damage that maniac caused? How come there isn't an "artifact" related court/prison system to sequester these guys?

19. auntiehill

^They always do skip over that bit. :lol:

Maybe they all look into a pen with a flashing red light thingy.

20. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I really enjoyed this episode. We got a fun snag/tag/bag of the week, and we got some good stuff dealing with the fallout of the events of the last couple episodes.
    According to an interview the showrunner, Jack Kenny, did with Blastr, Kelly Hu will be coming in as a new character named Abigail Cho who he describes as Mrs. Frederic's protege. He also said that James Marsters and Polly Walker will be recurring throughout the season and that we'll also be getting Anthony Head
    as an evil alchemist working with James Marsters' character
    in the last 3 episodes.