The Action Figure and Toy Collecting and Discussion Thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by cooleddie74, Apr 7, 2012.

1. PopBoy

PopBoy Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I dont collect really - maybe CD's of pop bands (as the name would suggest). But i would so want this:

[​IMG]

never gonna happen as i gotta mortgage my house for it. Lowest ebay price? $500

2. PopBoy

Also

If i had the money (and space), i would so collect the dolls of..

[​IMG]

3. Amaris

Amaris Fleet Admiral Admiral

I totally lucked out today! After finding Rainbow Dash (and Applejack) at a Kroger yesterday, I figured it would be a while before I could get the rest of the Mane Six. Well, I got 3 steps closer today! While I was at a Family Dollar picking up a few things for dinner, I walked past the toy aisle and saw a bunch of MLP toys marked down. While most of the ponies were ones I'd never heard of, I did catch these:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now all I need is Fluttershy and I'll have the Mane Six! YAY! :D
    Some of you may think "you can get these anywhere!", and in many places, I'm sure you can. Where I live, though, it is very difficult to find the Mane Six (well, okay, you can find lots of Rarity, oddly enough). So this is just too cool for me! :D

4. Gepard

Gepard Vice Admiral Admiral

Yay Rarity! And, yeah, she doesn't seem to sell. I remember when my local Target had piles of the basic and fashion style Rarities on clearance because the shelves were clogged. That was before I started collecting, alas, or I would have picked some up. Her FS figure now commands absurd amounts on the secondary market.

I guess this kinda confirms Hasbro's belief that white toys don't sell to girls. (E.g, Pinklestia.)

5. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    Sweet score, J.! That's so awesome! They look great!

6. PopBoy

the only pony i played with as a kid (my sisters...) I think her name was Shades?

She was a bit 1980s wasnt she!!!?? Like she was about to drop some LSD

[​IMG]

7. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

Hot Toys reveals another convention exclusive. This time it's one that's really a must have:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Amaris

Amaris Fleet Admiral Admiral

Oh, I love Rarity, too. :D
    I hope to get a white Celestia soon, to round out the collection (though I have to get Fluttershy first).

Thanks, cooleddie! :D

She makes me want to put on a body glove wetsuit, grab my board, and ride the waves.

[starts listening to "Catch a Ride on a Wave" by Eddie Money]

That detail is insane. I have to keep reminding myself it's an action figure and not a person!

9. PopBoy

They're bringing out Prometheus figures next year - i think the success of the movie took them surprised.

10. cooleddie74

Just ordered the San Diego Comic-Con Carbonite Chamber exclusive set with the seven unique carded figures as well as carbon freezing chamber display box...I decided to bite the bullet and get the entire set, including the Carbonite-Frozen Jar Jar figure. I've warmed up to it since the last time I spoke about it in this thread...it's unique cheesiness has sort of worn off on me. :p

Once again, here's the Comic-Con set:

[​IMG]

I also found the brand-new Target exclusive Droid and Villain 3-packs last night. These contain the completely brand new Power(Gonk)Droid and Snaggletooth figures.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2012
  11. OdoWanKenobi

I finally found the Movie Masters Catwoman today, of course right as reports of John Blake appearances start coming out. Back to the hunt again. The crazy thing is where I found her: Barnes and Noble. It's certainly not a place I would have thought to look, but while I was in one I saw that they had a display of Dark Knight Rises toys. Sure enough, there was a lone Catwoman sitting on it.

12. PopBoy

Where do you put all this stuff :-( i got nooooooo space to collect anything

13. OdoWanKenobi

Every single solitary space I have is filled with action figures. When I get new ones, I rearrange stuff, or put stuff I don't really like any more in bins.

14. cooleddie74

^
    I still have space, but I don't want to use every available nook and cranny for figures because I need it for other things. So I end up putting a lot of stuff in plastic storage containers and inside actual Hasbro action figure shipping cartons...then I just shove them off to the side somewhere out of the way.

15. cooleddie74

Just breaking from the floor of Comic-Con in San Diego...the first packaged photo of two upcoming Vintage Collection Endor/Ewok two-pack sets. As of right now it's unconfirmed if these will be store exclusives or available at all major retailers.

More updates to come!

[​IMG]

ETA: Two new "Movie Heroes" assortment figures...a new Boba Fett with some sort of a zipline rocket pack and what appears to be a split-apart Battle Droid with a light-up feature.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 11, 2012
  16. Unicron

Unicron Boss Monster Mod Moderator

Did he piss off Boba Fett or Yoda? :lol:

17. cooleddie74

Must have. :D

If that is a light-up feature of some sort it'll be the first battery-powered 3.75" Battle Droid ever. I already heard that a Boba Fett was going to be coming out as part of the Movie Heroes line but hadn't seen a photo of him until now. I just can't tell if he's all-new, a mishmash of old and new parts or a complete recycle, only with a brand new zipline rocket pack.

18. OdoWanKenobi

Marvel Select Amazing Spider-Man
    [​IMG]

Pretty darn good figure. The color is brighter than the actual film costume, but I don't mind it so much when the whole package is this good. I love that his diorama piece has pegs on the wall, so you can do a great wall crawling pose. Lizard should be here soon, too. I'll be sure to take some pics of them together.

Also, here's all of the Dark Knight Rises Movie Masters so far:
    [​IMG]

The Batsignal Collect and Connect is still incomplete, but it's shaping up really nicely. I can't wait for the last two figures (John Blake, and a mystery figure most likely to be revealed at SDCC) and for the movie, of course.

19. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

I don't know if there are any fellow MOTU fans or MOTUC collectors in this thread...but SDCC just revealed freaking Granamyr!!!! He's always been a favorite character of mine. He also happens to be the largest figure of the line so far.

http://ow.ly/cba50

20. OdoWanKenobi

Sideshow reveals their 1/6 scale DC line:
    [​IMG]

I'm gonna be broke.