The Walking Dead Season 3

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Gotham Central, Jul 14, 2012.

1. Alpha Romeo

Alpha Romeo Vice Admiral Admiral

Disagree...the comics painted that picture for us nicely.

2. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Alternative is "get killed by henchmen or eaten by a zombie", so scooting your left foot 6 inches right is probably not a big deal. Darrell rode his bike, and Rick was inside, so Herschel needed to be in the car in case they made a quick escape. Really not a nit worth picking...

3. TemporalFlux

TemporalFlux Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

And CableOne looks to be the latest AMC hold out; I probably won't be able to see the last three episodes on premiere day because CableOne is trying to hold AMC to the terms of a 6 year old contract. My favorite part of this has been when we point blank asked CableOne if they were going to lower the cost of our bill after deleting a channel we're currently paying for. The response was no comment.

4. PKerr

PKerr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Ummm ok......

Last edited: Mar 12, 2013
  5. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

I doubt that Rick will be stupid enough to hand over Michonne. First of all, it's wrong. Second of all, he knows the Governor will still come after them. Third of all, Michonne is one of his best fighters. Most of all, she would not exactly go gently into that good night. :rommie:

I've given up on Andrea. She's stupid beyond belief.

The "Camp David" sequences were really good. A quiet battle of wills between Rick and the Governor inside, while their people bond outside. I wonder if Milton and Martinez will ultimately be instrumental in the Governor losing the war.

I liked Glenn and Beth trying to keep a lid on Merle, but he's never going to be anything but trouble.

6. propita

propita Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

One other thing I hate about Andrea...she reported back to the Governor that there was a bay and that it was Rick's. And about all the rest of them. Has she finally realized he's scum? Did NOTHING of the rest tell her that?! Stupid broad!

7. TREK_GOD_1

TREK_GOD_1 Vice Admiral Admiral

I expect a nasty deception--IOW, Rick plays on the Governor's expectations of handing Michonne over while setting himself up as target practice. But the tables turned in some way. It needs to be something that takes the audience by surprise with how ruthless that something is.

We can be settled in the feeling her extended vacation in Stupidville ends in the next episode.

Milton still seems like a worm looking for Governor love.

Martinez lost his family, so he might have a morsel of humanity left to reach beyond Daryl's conversation.

True.

I want to see Beth rise to the occasion and not be another supporting character/victim (Patricia, Jimmy, Otis, et al). She's attempted suicide, moved beyond it, has a serious interent in Judith's welfare (surrogate mother role more than Carol or Maggie), and has arrived at a no nonsense place in her life.

After all of that, the next part of her growth will be in the soldier department--or I hope that is the next part.

8. TREK_GOD_1

The difference between situations is the Governor / Woodbury are known threats; Rick is aware of the potential for greater danger if he attacked or killed the governor. With Morgan's street, the traps and signs could have been the leftovers from a group who did not make it, but Rick was still cautious.

Then Martinez shoots anyone in sight (Herschel and Daryl--possibly Andrea).

9. Thestral

Thestral Vice Admiral Admiral

Agreed. I wouldn't use the term "soldier" for where I'd like to see her go, but turning Beth into, essentally, Comics Andrea would be great. Calm, friendly, collected and generally arguing for the more humane approach against Rick and Michonne, and taking a huge interest in caring for the children - but perfectly capable and willing to rapidly eliminate a threat.

10. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

This last episode was great. The stuff with the Rick and The Governor was good, I liked the stuff with the two groups outside of the Rick/Gov meeting, and there was some interesting stuff going on back at the prison. It will be interesting to see what they end up doing with Andrea after this arc is over. I'm not sure if they could reincorporate her back into the main group, unless she does something very drastic like kill The Governor while he's holding a gun to Rick's head.

11. Mojochi

Mojochi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm not sure any level of redeeming action can make up for the asinine things Andrea has done this season, the worst of which has been blabbing every single detail about everyone at the prison. This psychopath will target an infant, & the only reason he can do so is because she told him one was there

I'm pretty sure that she has bar none done every stupid thing possible, the dumbest of which was to ever be gullible enough to trust a group that had Merle at is leadership core.
    Anyone who dies as a result, their death will be on her head... & scumbag Merle, of course. If you are that careless in a world where people are hanging on by a thread, you deserve to pay

On a show where Dale dies simply because Carl was too scared to kill a walker, Andrea's flagrant stupidity has gone unchecked for far too long. If anyone else had been that stupid or caused that much trouble, they'd be dead by now, and frankly, if she were too, it would make room for characters like Beth & Carol to be featured more.

In hindsight, I do wish they'd given a bit more time to Daryl & Carol. There's been something there for a long time now, & we can't spend any time on it because we have to watch Andrea trip through the apocalypse like Alice in Wonderland

12. TREK_GOD_1

That is the problem with Andrea all series long: at her core, she's the biggest asshole of all in many ways.

Her greatest hits:

• She was dismissive of people she considered beneath her
    • Tried to commit suicide, only to use that highly questionable act to play amateur head shrink by playing with Beth's own suicidal desires
    • Took Shane's side on various issues / screwed him
    • As Michonne put it, Andrea picked a warm bed over a friend
    • Even after learning enough about the Governor to send any normal person running, she remained in Woodbury.
    The only way she will learn a lesson is through Michonne--specifically, getting the beating of her life, then kicked out of Rick's group forever, although I doubt Andrea is going anywhere.

13. PKerr

It's a shame what they have done with Andrea, in the comics she is a much better character, in fact I would have to say most if not all are better characters.

14. Evil Twin

Evil Twin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

IMO the only character that's better on the show than in the comics is Carol.

15. PKerr

Agree.

16. Derishton

Derishton Vice Admiral Admiral

Although you could say that about everyone on the show - everyone left in the world, even. I think you're right about Milton, although he might be getting over it. I agree fully about Beth: she's one the biggest divergences from the books at this point (Herschel took over Dale's role, more or less), so I'd like to see her grow into something worthy of that divergence.

17. the G-man

the G-man Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'd say TV Herschel is a better person than comic book Herschel, insofar as TV Herschel was always more accepting of Glenn and Maggie and has been a wise advisor to Rick, whereas comic book Herschel's depression lingered much longer and he was resentful towards Rick for quite some time.

Speaking of Rick, the jury's still out on him.

18. SG-17

SG-17 Commodore Commodore

I'm getting tired of The Walking Dead. The constantly changing show-runners have taken too many liberties with the characters resulting in completely moronic and annoying personalities (read: Andrea) compared the to comics as well as pointless filler plots and time-wasting endeavors.

The episode last week (Clear) was the best since the end of season one. Unless the writing improves and AMC stops going through show-runners like crazy, I can't see myself watching this show much longer. They just need to move along fast next season and get what remains of the group to Alexandria with a few new people.

19. gblews

gblews Vice Admiral Admiral

Ha, its all about perspective, I guess. I bailed on the show at the begining of season 2 because the zombie attacks just got old and I didn't like the characters. I came back at the start of this season and have been shocked at how much more I am liking the show.

I think it has improved tremendously, from my perspective.

20. Mojochi

Mojochi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

There's been better things about season 3 compared to 2, & some that still aren't that great compared to the 1st. The character development drags & often gets derailed for nonsense, but the events which do tend to reflect some of the comic are still pretty awesome

Overall, the show is still definitely worth watching, but they do inflict a lot of wayward nonsense & ill conceived character arcs on the viewer. A lot of that emerges from the fact that in order to keep the budget under control, they have to settle in on some plots & drag them out longer than how the show started in the very short 1st season, which wears on the fans' patience

Luckily I'm a pretty patient guy. lol