Ongoing Community Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Admiral_Young, Jan 21, 2011.

1. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

I just finished 'Intro to Political Science" and I have to say Pierce mocking Vickie Jenkins during the debate was hilarious, in fact I had to pause the DVD cause I was literally laughing my ass off.

2. Professor Zoom

Professor Zoom Admiral Admiral

No, sorry. I don't buy that. I wrote one sentence to him in regards to searching out other material. And then he and Fandago jumped down my throat. If anything, I am not the only one blowing this out of proportion.

And if you feel I was busting your balls, I too apologize. That wasn't my intent.

3. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

WHO THE FUCK CARES WHERE THE SHOW TAKES PLACE?!?!

My god people there is so much more to worry about, it's a fucking show! Enjoy it. And then we have fucking screen shots going "I told you so!!!".

Move on!!!!

4. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

You guy's are Britta'ing the thread :)

5. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Just like Lost, the show takes place in hell.

They all died just before the pilot started filming.

6. Australis

Australis Writer - Australis Admiral

Could be interesting if Jeff Winger and Richard Castle have the same dad...

7. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

I've always thought it all takes place within Abed's mind, which in turn all takes place inside Tommy Westphall's now adult mind, in addition to his entire fictional universe. Abed is his avatar in the dream, and the rest of the study group represent different aspects of his inner personality which he is unable to share with others. ;)

8. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

I recall Harmon saying his dream-casting for Jeff's father would be Bill Murray. (Jeff being modeled just a little on Bill's Stripes character, John Winger.)

Fingers crossed. :)

9. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Community is already inside Tommy's mind.

(The fictional) Lets Potato chips connects Community to Orange is the New Black and Arrested Development which had Munch in it from Homicide Life on the Street which connects to St Elsewhere.

How do you like them apples?

10. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

I thought the ep with Jeff's dad was one of the better S4 episodes, but the way he made that speech about how he's not well adjusted was contrived and forced. The S4 writers seemed to seize on what Jeff confided to Abed in My Dinner With Andre and base his whole character on that sort of thing.

11. Professor Zoom

Professor Zoom Admiral Admiral

:lol:

12. tighr

tighr Commodore Commodore

[​IMG]

And of course, the other two gems from this episode:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

I keep hoping they'll do another city college episode. The way evil-Dean talks to the Dean in both Paintball 2 and the KFC simulator episode is so naturally hilarious. Leaning over and threatening him directly into his ear. I want to see City College's next plan to turn Greendale into a parking lot.

14. AgentCoop

AgentCoop Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

^The montage at the end of Season 3 shows Dean Spreck looking at some kind of blueprint. Did they ever reveal what that was?

15. tighr

S.P.I.D.E.R. - Solar Powered Infiltration, Delivery, Engagement & Recovery System, Mark II

[​IMG]

16. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

Another thing that Harmon was going to follow up on but never got a chance to because NBC fired him?

17. tighr

Dunno if he ever planned on following up on it, or if he already knew he was fired and wanted to screw with the new guys, or thought he was cancelled and it wouldn't matter anyway.

Either way, it's clearly a shout out to Jon Peters.

18. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Jon Peters and the Kevin Smith draft of "Superman Lives" to clarify. Peters wanted a giant mechanical spider for Superman to fight :)

19. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

Maybe he was planning a movie called Community Lives!

20. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

I just completed Season 2. There's just so much wonderful about this season (and this show in general).

What I found the most impressive was Pierce and his story arc. As I've continuelly mentioned in this thread, I used to be a casual viewer, so to me who only watched an episode here and there Pierce's behavior seemed extremely assholeish, over the top even. But only after watching this season as a whole did I see that was kind of the point, as detailed in the finale Pierce's behavior (at least in his mind) was justified because he kept being excluded by the study group.

And speaking of the finale, I loved the it (both parts). In fact since it was the first time I'd seen both episodes I was on the edge of my seat. Despite the fact that it was just paintball and no one would get hurt, the way the episodes are constructed really made me care who survived and who got knocked out.

Also as I mentioned before, I love Vicki Jenkins, and Magnitute is good too, but more of a one note character (and yes, I completely understand that that is the point :D ).

One more shout out because it's on my mind, I loved the "Office" episode and Abed's commentary at the end how the documentary format can work well. It was parody done but without malicious intent, and I liked that.