What games are you playing currently?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by charlhussey, Apr 29, 2010.

1. Haggis and tatties

Haggis and tatties Vice Admiral Admiral

^^They are soooo much better, so many other ways to deal with them now.

2. Yoda

Yoda Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I've read that as a console thing, HR: Director's Cut is actually pretty good, but the PC version is kind of lacking. As in it's a lackluster port of the new console version, rather than an upgraded version of the original PC version, so some things in the Director's Cut are actually worse. It's kind of soured me on upgrading, I'll just play through the original at some point since I already own the base game and DLC anyway. Even if the bosses apparently suck.

Still playing Titanfall over here. I keep trying to play other stuff, but I always go back. I probably only have like 5 hours on Mario Kart 8 and the same on Wolfenstein. My Mass Effect 3 save is rotting halfway through, same for Far Cry 3. The Destiny beta is sitting mostly untouched, and I'm not sure I'm going to give it a fair shot before it ends. And I haven't touched Battlefield 4 since 2 map packs ago, even though I have Premium for both PC and PS4.

3. Haggis and tatties

Haggis and tatties Vice Admiral Admiral

^^The PC version used DX11 render and you can tell because the effects and detail are the best you will find across all format, but the Wii-U directors cut is how the game should have been at launch on all platforms.

PC and Wii-u versions share top billing here due to what they each bring to the table for the gamer, you can't go wrong with either. :)

4. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I have decided to buy a PS4 today!

I worked my ass off last week, so I have taken today and tomorrow off. I will be playing Infamous: Second Son before this day is done!

5. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

^ Congrats! :) Have fun.

6. FPAlpha

FPAlpha Vice Admiral Premium Member

Currently i am playing the Destiny Beta and for a Beta it's much fun.

There are 6 or 7 story missions and mandatory teamplay central mission where at the end you have to defend a point against waves of enemies.

At first i was a little bit disappointed because nothing really stood out.. it seemed like a generic, pretty looking and designed online shooter but it's a good one.

Many options are blocked (you are confined to Earth battle missions whereas the full game will let you explore the entire solar system apparently) and i haven't tried PvP yet but i like it very much.

I can't say if it's worth the supposedl 500 million pricetag that's been rumored but the beta is a solid game. I'm definitely looking forward to the full release on 9.9.14

7. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

^ It's certainly not in any way, shape or form a revolutionary game, but I've liked Bungie's clever and (comparatively) unique brand of world building since Marathon, and I very much enjoy Borderlands, so that's enough reason for me to give it a shot.

That, and Wizards that came from the Moon.

8. MNM

MNM Captain Captain

I is currently playing Dragon Age in an attempt to play through DA:O and DA:II in time for DA: Inquistition.

I finished DA:O with all the DLC, my Warden was nearly a God, he was King, he had awesome abilities, both Morgan and Lelianna were in love with him right to the end, due to clever play and manipulation of how the game sees things, only to then start DA:II and due to that and DA:O being different regions or something on my PS3, it couldnt see my save game!!

So I have just played it through again.

9. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

I just bought...

Yoshi's New Island
    Kirby Triple Deluxe
    Bravely Default
    Mario Golf 3DS

So one of them will be what I'm currently playing. Best Buy has a kick ass sale this week.

10. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Started playing Infamous: Second Son last night after finally buying a PS4. It definitely feels like an Infamous game, though I have to admit I'm skeptical about the new PS4 controller. I'm not really seeing the point of the touch pad, as everything I've used it for in this game could have easily been done using a pre-existing button.

11. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

^ Yeah the touch pad is fairly pointless (though I do like using it for navigating maps), but the controller itself is pretty awesome.

12. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Maybe it will serve a better purpose in future PS4 games, but right now it's just weird.

13. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

It's a bit odd in inFamous. Though works well in Assassin's Creed for calling up the map and zooming/moving it around. I've seen some games using it as a start/select button since they've been replaced with Options and Share. Though I have to admit I far prefer the PS4 controller to the PS3 one. Just wish the battery was as good.

14. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

^ Yeah the battery life is my only problem with the DS4 controller. I have two of them though, so it's not really a big deal.

15. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Really? Granted, I've only owned the thing for two days, but the PS4 controller battery seems to last at least as long as my PS3 one ever did.

One thing I will say about the Infamous series...as much as I enjoy the games, I absolutely hate the boss battles. They go on for way too long, and they are significantly more difficult than they need to be. They all have a pattern to them, which is usually pretty easy to figure out, but then they make you repeat the exact same pattern like 46 times until eventually the boss is dead. And if you happen to die before you repeat the pattern 46 times, they make you start all over, even if you died on the 45th time. So annoying.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2014
  16. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

^ The battery life of the Dualshock 4 controller is definitely quite a bit worse.

Yeah I wasn't a fan of the boss battles either.

17. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

*shrug*

I've had the same PS3 controller for over 6 years, so maybe I just got used to it not holding a charge for very long. So far my PS4 controller lasts a lot longer.

18. Random_Spock

Random_Spock Vice Admiral Admiral

Been playing Tomodachi Life and Pokémon X lately, along with some FF X.

19. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Trying to finish Splinter Cell: Blacklist, currently into the 8th mission (believe there is 12). Its all 24's fault, I been watching the mini series recently and it always makes me want to play Splinter Cell :lol:

20. martok2112

martok2112 Commodore Commodore

Beat Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4) not too long ago. Great game.
    Still have to beat KillZone Shadow Fall (PS4). Another good game. I love the KillZone series on PlayStation. Even the PSVita game, KillZone Mercenary, was a solid entry in the game lineage.

Playing Watch Dogs (PS4). Good game...interesting mechanics. A cyber-tech sort of Grand Theft Auto.

Also was revisiting Elder Scrolls Oblivion (PS3 and Xbox 360), in anticipation of Elder Scrolls Online coming to the PS4...but, console versions have been pushed back. Interest is now waning a bit. Just bring on Elder Scrolls VI and Fallout 4. :)

On my PC, I've been playing Star Wars: Empire At War. Older title, I know, but I just love playing the Galactic Empire, building up my fleet, and crushing the enemy. I even understand why evil people have that maniacal laugh...especially when I finally uprated my fleet to all Imperial-class Star Destroyers. Forces of Corruption was a cool, if rather short, expansion game. :)

And for quick diversions, I've been enjoying Plants Vs Zombies on my PS3 and Plants Vs Zombies 2 on my Android phone. Eagerly awaiting Plants Vs Zombies Garden Warfare for my PS3. :)

Last edited: Jul 27, 2014