Star Trek Into Darkness out on Blu-ray/DVD September 10th [spoilers]

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Enterprise is Great, Jul 10, 2013.

1. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

entertainmentweekly.com

Just 2 more months...I'm gonna buy multiple copies (ok, not really but I can't wait to get it and watch it over and over).

2. Mage

Mage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Re: Star Trek Into Darkness out on Blu-ray/DVD September 10th

I'm hoping there will be some deleted scenes, and bloopers. Some of the bloopers on ST09 were fantastic!

3. Spock/Uhura Fan

Spock/Uhura Fan Captain Captain

I didn't expect it would be so soon. I guess that truly means that it's not going to last in the theaters much longer. ST09 didn't come out until December, IIRC.

4. Clancy_s

Clancy_s Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Hooray! It lasted about as long as ST09 in theatres hereabouts and there was a very long wait until I could watch it again :(

There's been a trend to spread things more quickly in recent years, both in film and TV release and on disc, at least for the handful of shows I watch. I think it's a fairly successful attempt at reducing piracy.

5. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Fuck yeah!!!:D:techman:

6. Yeoman Basha

Yeoman Basha Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Hmmm. Aside from the "sit-down" interview (but why only those two actors?) the extras sounds rather lame. But I know this is not a complete list of the extras by any means.

What I want: a commentary track, deleted scenes, bloopers, a featurette on the "neutron cream" prank, and a proper making-of documentary... I'd also love a second commentary track with the cast, but I won't hold my breath for that one.

But thank you for passing along the news. I'll definitely be buying this.

7. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

More on the special features:

http://trekmovie.com/2013/07/10/star-trek-into-darkness-home-video-release-dates-revealed/

8. Roboturner913

Roboturner913 Commander Red Shirt

I'll probably buy it if they do the model ship packaging again.

9. Falcor5

Falcor5 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

No deleted scenes or any commentaries?? Seems like they are rushing this release.

10. LOKAI of CHERON

LOKAI of CHERON Commodore Commodore

A welcome and unexpected bonus it's coming so soon, I'll definitely be picking it up day and date. But it does have a strong whiff of the "double dips" about it! My intuition tells me this won't the only occasion I'll be purchasing STID on home video!

Last edited: Jul 11, 2013
  11. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

They're actually finally going to cough up an explanation as to why they kept Cumberbatch's role a secret? That should be interesting.

12. bbailey861

bbailey861 Admiral Admiral

Yeah, I got my order update email from Amazon last night stating the delivery date. I am also a little concerned with the lack of extras. I expected to see deleted scenes somewhere on that list.

13. The Wormhole

Are there even any scenes that were deleted from the movie? Yes, there's the Cumberbatch shower scene, but otherwise we've had no indication anything was removed. Even the novelization doesn't include any material that wasn't seen in the movie.

In fact, I remember within weeks of XI's release a list of all the scenes which were deleted was made available online. No such list is available for STID.

14. Yeoman Basha

Yeoman Basha Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

I'm sure there must be more deleted scenes. At the very least, there was an alternate scene between Kirk and Pike (we've seen stills of it, where they are both dressed in the grey uniforms and seated opposite each other) -- I think that was an early version of the bar scene. And I have no doubt there are more.

Maybe this is a "double dip" situation. A minimal-frills DVD/BD in September to cut down on piracy, and then a "special edition" version loaded with frills just in time for Christmas. Paramount wants to get more of my monies.

15. Opus

Opus Commodore Commodore

Deluxe version will probably be out for a Holiday release that will include plenty of extras missing in this first version.

16. Ryan8bit

Ryan8bit Commodore Commodore

It's probably the same explanation they had before the movie. They used Terminator 2 as a comparison saying that the movie was actually crafted in a way that you weren't supposed to know that Arnold was the good guy, but that the marketing gave it all away. I think that example is debatable, but the point they were going for is that they didn't want to spoil any kind of twist. Of course, in retrospect it wasn't really all that great of a twist and didn't really serve much of a point.

17. The Wormhole

I'm more thinking about the interview where Orci described the creative process of creating a new character to be the villain and then once that character was created they decided to make him Khan for obvious marketing reasons. But then they kept the fact he was Khan a secret, thereby preventing them from cashing in on this marketing possibility.

I don't know, the whole thing made Abrams and his gang look like petulant five year olds. "I know a secret and I'm not telling."

18. Ryan8bit

Ryan8bit Commodore Commodore

I disagree. Sometimes part of being creative is that you don't want to spoil all of your surprises or that you just want everything to be fresh. That's not childish at all, it's just part of wanting to make an impactful presentation. Maybe the way they went about it was a little weird though.

19. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

But it was a surprise that was no surprise at all.

20. Belz...

Belz... Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

In a finely-crafted cosmos... of my own making.

Yay !!!

:D

DVD/BluRay number 766 coming right up !