Science experiment gone bad

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Miss Chicken, May 2, 2013.

1. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I think you seriously need to gain some perspective.

2. Tora Ziyal

Tora Ziyal Vice Admiral Admiral

3. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

I was going to say it sounds like an over-reaction, but it seems as if common sense has prevailed.

4. gturner

gturner Admiral

If she'd have instead reacted concentrated nitric acid with glycerin, then mixed that with sawdust and sold it to mining companies in rolled paper tubes, she could've used the profits to fund a set yearly awards in sciences like chemistry and physics.

5. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

Outstanding. :techman:

6. Sector 7

Sector 7 Vice Admiral Admiral

Being the top chemistry student in my school [I still have the certificate], when I read about nitroglycerin I just had to try it. Unfortunately, I did it in the football practice field. My punishment was after school detention, during which I filled in the roughly 4'x4'x4' hole and re-sodded the grass.

Gilbert & Sullivan wrote it best, "Let the punishment fit the crime, let the punishment fit the crime..."

Later in life, much thanks to my clean record, I became well-versed in ordinance as a US Navy SEAL.

Unfortunately, the principal refuses to let her attend school and losing ground with her grades. I am happy to see NASA sees her potential.:techman:

America, land of the free... unless you are black, gay or some other minority.

7. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

Yes but Schools can discipline their students, which is were the matter belonged not in the hands of the Police and courts.