Power Rangers

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by SG-17, Aug 7, 2010.

1. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Okay, that's two 22-episode seasons, which is even more typical.

2. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

2nd quarter toys revealed.

The new ranger and his buddyroid won't be revealed till past April

Gold Beet Buster and Silver Stag buster

[​IMG]

DriBlade

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

MorphinBrace

Silver Stagbuster is actually Gold's robot buddy. Silver can transform from Buddyroid to Silver Stagbuster

3. barnaclelapse

barnaclelapse Commodore Commodore

Awesome. I think I actually want to check this out.

My godchildren are absolutely obsessed with the PR stuff that's available on Netflix. Watching them watch the first couple seasons of "Mighty Morphin'" makes me feel very, very old indeed.

4. DigificWriter

DigificWriter Vice Admiral Admiral

It's actually one 22-episode season (Samurai), one 20-episode season (Super Samurai), and one 2-hour movie (Clash of the Red Rangers), at least by internal Saban logic.

Another thing: by choosing to do things the way they have, Saban has basically robbed the Gokaiger footage of any special significance or meaning, since, if they follow the pattern they've established, they'll use Goseger footage for Seasons 21 and 22, and not get to using the Gokaiger footage until Seasons 23 and 24; since none of those years are actually what would be considered 'anniversary seasons', the fact that Gokaiger was created as an anniversary Sentai season will be rendered meaningless.

Re: your question about MMAR, there's no one concensus on whether or not it is considered part of MMPR S3 or its own individual thing; there are some fans, like myself, who view the two as a single whole, and there are other fans who view them as separate entities.

5. Christopher

You mean a 1-hour movie, right?

So? Anniversaries are arbitrary. And I'm sure there are countless meanings in various Super Sentai series that have been glossed over or eliminated altogether in the PR adaptations.

But whether the fans consider them separate entities is an entirely distinct question from whether they constitute separate seasons either in production or broadcasting terms. The definition of a season is a matter of scheduling, not content. (The same goes for how "Clash of the Red Rangers" is defined.)

6. DigificWriter

^ Saban, according to the official PR site, considers MMAR and MMPR S3 as a single entity, so I guess the point is moot.

7. Christopher

Anyway, I'm wondering, do the producers of Gobuster not realize that "Let's morphin'" is grammatically incorrect, or do they just not care? Well, at least they have more of an excuse than the people who came up with "Imagine Greater" for Syfy's slogan...

8. Samurai8472

Your standard Engrish hiccup when trying mix english into the series

Go-busters is going to be littered with Power Ranger terms and maybe references/borrowed ideas.

Heck there's the whole "It's Morphin Time!" plastered on toys and is the morph call

[​IMG]

Then there's the use of "Megazords" being used in the show

The story is even like RPM's

Next weeks Gokaiger will feature the return of a Zyuranger(MMPR's) alumni and Armored Tyrannoranger

Episode 50 preview screen caps

The actor that played MammothRanger(Black power ranger)

[​IMG]

GokaiRed will change into Tyrannoranger and possibly use the shield power up

[​IMG]

MMPR fans will probably get a kick out of it.

9. timothy

timothy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

very cool and very classic.

10. timothy

he looks like a jedi when both swords a lit up during battle. :rommie::rommie::rommie::rommie:

just finished the doomsday 2 parter that would've been a great first season finale.

11. Takeru

Takeru Space Police Commodore

That's because it was MMPR's series finale before more episodes were ordered and Doomsday's ending was reshot to allow for the story to continue.

12. DigificWriter

Doomsday is one of those episodes where much more than the ending ought to have been rewritten, because the episode really does not work well as-is as anything other than a finale, and even then there are some issues that are inconsistent both with what came before and what ultimately came after, which is why I ended up omitting it when I 'streamlined' MMPR S1 in order to give it more story structure.

13. Hound of UIster

Hound of UIster Vice Admiral Admiral

It's more english loanwords (which seems to be quite a bit of the Japanese vocabulary) stitched together according to their grammar. A guy who translates Japanese can explain it better, but the english words they use have different meanings in the way they use it in contrast to how we use it.

The same for gokaiger for example, which is a pun on the world - Gokai - and -ger from the word "ranger".

14. Samurai8472

At last Zyuranger get's some needed tribute time

Gokaiger episode 50 screen caps

GokaiSilver changed into Dragon Ranger with the Dragon Ranger key

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Finale episode next week. Helmetless roll call!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 12, 2012
  15. timothy

very cool pictures.

also noticed how after doomsday the music changes drasticlly.

16. timothy

finally on season 2 this week. If I rember right this is the season were we get Lord Zed and tommy gets turned into the white ranger right?

17. Samurai8472

At the New York Toy Fair Power Ranger's Samurai booth there was talk about releasing old megazords

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtX5bDtscCI[/YT]

There's speculation this means that the card theme sentai "Tensou Sentai Goseiger" will be skipped and Saban will jump right to "Gokaiger" to capitalize on the anniversary aspects

I'm a bit split on if this happens

Pro- Goseiger's impact on adapting Gokaiger is zero.

Saban apparently wants to film his own Legend war with just
    Saban and Disney seasons

[​IMG]

This will probably be edited out and there would be no trace of Goseiger(The team in the very front)

Con- I would really like to see how Saban would adapt "Goseiger"

18. Hound of UIster

Hound of UIster Vice Admiral Admiral

A shit series getting an even shittier adaptation. I'm sure that will be a great loss. :rolleyes:

19. Samurai8472

It was good when it advanced what little plot it had

And it was terrible when it reverted back to fillers

I really liked GoseiKnight's struggle with who to help

He protected the earth and humans didn't concern him in the beginning.

20. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

i liked Goseiger. was looking to getting a few of the toys without having to import them. and yeah, GoseiKnight is awesome.