Is Primeval New World worth watching?

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by chardman, Feb 13, 2013.

1. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Hm. The main thing that worries me is that I didn't like him in Eureka -- although I started to find him more acceptable in the final season as his character became less of a jerk, so hopefully it was more the character I disliked than the actor.

2. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

Watching 4 episodes in the next few days, hope it's good.

3. Velocity

Velocity Vice Admiral Admiral

Not from the point that I'm at.

4. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

I saw most of Primeval, minus the majority of the last season and I thought the first two seasons were the best.

5. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Well that probably has to do with the reduction of Lucy Brown.

It just got weird after Abbey gave in and started reciprocating Connors loving feelings.

They always say "I wouldn't shag you if you were the last man on earth!" but no one thinks that with a time travel accident that a girls options can be just as restricted 60 million years in the past when she's alone on the planet with the first man on earth.

Half Chipmunk, but Connor mostly qualifies as a human being.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2013
  6. Psion

Psion Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

"Half Chipmonk, but Connor mostly qualifies as a human being."

:guffaw:

And now, I see that, too.

7. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

Saw the first 4 episodes finally, I'd like to continue watching them to see if it improves, but I think the show makes less sense than the oiriginal Primeval. At least that show had scientists and government officials involved. Primeval New World has a token military officer from a Project Bluebook-like department, a CEO and animal control officer as the leads. It's also like it's their private little secret...um, shouldn't someone else know about strange anomalies popping up all over Canada?

8. Guy Gardener

Imagine you discovered atomic energy and accidentally destroyed California.

Do you shut up then run about the country silencing all other atomic physicists on the cusp of a break through or do you hand over your research tot he Government and hope they don't knock out any more states while they're trying to figure out how to destroy all the Arabs with out effecting the oil under the ground.

Cross is guilty and culpable.

Things happen in subsequent episodes and you'll see that he can't trust anyone because this science is far too dangerous to pass on to soldiers and politicians.

The Buebook guy is hilarious but he wishes he had some tech from the 1960s. Every thing he has is secret agent shit invented in the 1950s to fight the Venusian Horde that's been collecting dust for the last 6 decades.

9. Guy Gardener

Fucking morons.

You sent back the dinosaur to kill your wife and the man to die to save you with the intention of preserving the timeline without remember that the original Mac form the original Arc is supposed to seed future tech in 2006 which you are going to steal and claim as your own invention and change the world.

Moron.

Try baking a cake without eggs sometime (yes I know, there are eggless recipes, but those are just for pussies and hippies.)!

If you couldn't send back the photonic technology from the future as well, time was going to change and you couldn't preserve shit, and your wife didn't have to die and mac didn't have to die.

Fucking fucking morons.

I seriously thought that Mac was going to "borrow" Connors "ARC" jacket before he left the present and really be kitted up to fake being a proper futuraian and not a half arsed futurraian from just 2012.

Morons.

On a brighter side, at least we now know that I over reacted in thinking that the ARC and all those stories which were so-so turned out to still have happened.

10. intrinsical

intrinsical Commodore Commodore

I don't want to spoil too much, but Primeval New World is not an episodic series. What you have seen now is just the beginning. Events over the next 8 episodes that you have not watched will include the formation of an organization with very serious funding.

11. intrinsical

What you say is mostly accurate, but it totally that doesn't explain why all the anomalies are winking out.

12. Guy Gardener

If John Connor destroyed the T-80's CPU in Terminator II, no one could have built Skynet.

Connor (Temple) thought the guns would be safe with Evan because Evan invented the guns, just like he invented photonic technology... By raping th e future. Take away photonics and the ARC would be using tech bought from radio shack, which would have changed everything.

Dominoes.

13. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

You do realize that there are people out there who are allergic to eggs, and can't eat them, right? People who aren't "pussies and hippies".:rolleyes:

14. Guy Gardener

Everyone CAN eat eggs.

Some people just "shouldn't".

Allergy equals pussy.

That's not me being insensitive.

These pussies should be damn angry that their bodies are idiots.

If I was allergic to chocolate or beer, I would look in the mirror every morning while I'm brushing my hair and say "How dare you betray me, you timid, callow, good for nothing pussy!"

Then I'd slap myself around a little until my body changed it's mind and stopped being such a pussy.

Besides that's why god invented EpiPens, so that pussies can briefly enjoy the finer things in life before their respiratory systems pussy out.

15. Psion

That was ... epic. And strangely homo-erotic.

Tell us again how you'd slap yourself around. Slowly.

16. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Uuuuummmmm, OK.

17. Technobuilder

Technobuilder Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm currently digging this new incarnation of Primeval.

I'd like to see what happens when/if the ARC ever hooks up with Canadian Project Magnet in the same time stream.

18. intrinsical

19. Psion

Aww, crap.

20. Guy Gardener

These are the same poeple that cancelled Todd and the Book of Pure evil.

Morons.