Enterprise "Flight Deck Officer" Certificate

Discussion in 'Star Trek - The Original & Animated Series' started by NTRPRZ, Jan 19, 2013.

1. NTRPRZ

NTRPRZ Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Digging through my basement this evening, I found an old USS Enterprise "Flight Deck Officer" Certificate. These were, no doubt, sold by the ream back in the 1970s, probably by Lincoln Enterprises.

I'm particuarly wondering about the signatures. They are signatures, one of "Gene Roddenberry" and the other of "James Kirk." What I'm wondering is, are they were they signed by a real person or autopen? If if they were signed by a flesh and blood person, who was it? I'm sure it wasn't Gene R signing these things and I'm damned positive Shatner wasn't hanging around signing as Kirk.

I know this is not the earliest form of these certificate, but they are nice. This one is printed on parchment-like paper, with a real sticker and ribbon. It's blank, which also is nice.

Can anyone fill me on on these?

(Sorry - can't post a pic now, but will do so ASAP)

2. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

3. Jonas Grumby

Jonas Grumby Vice Admiral Admiral

^ Actually, the Kirk signature was done by Janice Lester. The girl just never gives up! :D

4. Melakon

That's quite likely. And it's not Gene's signature either, judging from autographed photos on the net, his G is completely different.

5. Robert Comsol

Robert Comsol Commodore Commodore

Wow! This one is different from mine (probably older?). While it has the same text (and signatures I believe) mine has a shot of the Enterprise's upper side and a white background - and the sticker with the ribbon.

Bob

6. NTRPRZ

NTRPRZ Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Last edited: Jan 24, 2013
  7. Melakon