AV Club - TV Club 10 Enterprise

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by MacLeod, Aug 6, 2014.

1. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

2. tomswift2002

tomswift2002 Commodore Commodore

"The Catwalk" and "Cogenitor" both made their list ? Wow, those were 2 of the 6 episodes that I first saw of Enterprise (someone had taped 6 episodes onto VHS because the show was only on cable in another city) and they were absolute garbage. I think I even fast-forwarded through both as they were extremely boring (I was falling a sleep while watching them) and in the case of "Cogenitor" extremely painful to watch. I would never show these two episodes to people who never saw the series's as "essential" episodes.

3. Cyke101

Cyke101 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Keep in mind, they outright say they don't pick the 10 best, but the 10 that they feel most accurately reflects the show -- almost like mission statements. And no reflection is perfect, no matter what we might think (for example, they'll pick a an episode where the course of the show changes forever, sometimes badly). And on top of that, people have different opinions -- reviewer opinions aren't facts.

But the questionable episodes they picked for Enterprise tend to be picked because they show growing pains until the show actually finds its footing. And all lists, like this article, are written so that lists can be discussed.

4. DarthPipes

DarthPipes Vice Admiral Admiral

Cogenitor was one of the best episodes the show ever did.

5. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I really didn't read the first part (It was a long article) but if it was the best that the show would have to offer, I would have gotten rid of Acquisition (A really bad episode) and put in one of the episodes from the Vulcan Trilogy, like The Forge. That Vulcan trilogy might have been the best and most start trek thing Enterprise ever did.

6. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

No. I suggest actually reading the first part. ;)

A very good and fair article, IMHO.

7. MrPointy

MrPointy Captain Captain

Read the article. It's long as heck, but it's a very interesting analysis of Enterprise. The 10 episodes they chose are basically snapshots of what the show was going through during its run. Not all of them are the best episodes, but that's not the intention.

8. asl

asl Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Good to see 'Broken Bow' on the list. In my opinion, the best opening to any Star Trek series.