‘Superman & Batman’ movie will follow ‘Man of Steel’

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JoeZhang, Jul 20, 2013.

1. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

No, no. That's the wrong link. You linked to a Sin City set photo by mistake.

2. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

3. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

No, I was just joking. You've got the blue Superman with his red cape standing in front of a completely grey background. It looks like Sin City.

4. Bad Bishop

Bad Bishop Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

You did have me going for a moment there.

5. Captaindemotion

^Me too! (Obviously) I didn't even bother to check BB's link!

6. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

Here's the pic in case there's any confusion or if people don't feel like clicking the link...

[​IMG]

He looks like a much older and more seasoned Superman.

From the article...
    I've been coming around to this line of thinking for a while now.

7. Captaindemotion

He really does look a lot older. Very Alex Ross IMHO, though I suppose it might be more a TDKR-look they're going for.

Edited because I initially said John Byrne when I meant Alex Ross.

8. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Very relieved to see they haven't made many changes to the suit (which I really loved the first time around), other than a square belt buckle and a bit more ribbing along the torso.

Kind of hard to tell whether they've lightened the colors at all, given the dark and stormy nature of the photo, but I'm willing to bet they probably did.

9. davejames

And from the article it looks like I was right that the purpose of the "v" was to downplay the "versus" idea and the suggestion that Supes and Batman will be doing nothing but fighting each other the entire movie.

10. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

^ or they could be in a courtroom for 2 hours with Bruce Wayne suing Superman for destruction of his satellite

11. Green Lantern

Green Lantern Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I too am pleased they stuck with the MOS look, that outfit was perfect! :) The rectangular belt buckle along with more traditional looking belt in general is great, it makes him look more strong and determined. The colours look slightly brighter but still dark (this is basically what I wanted colour-wise really as now it looks perfect). He looks bigger and more muscular this time around actually, which helps blend in the TDKR look Batman is sporting. The hair looks like it's slightly reseeding actually, and his face does look a little older now you guys point it out. Over all I'm glad they stuck with his traditional look and what they have changed is better! :)

12. Green Lantern

:guffaw:

Where does Gal Gador fit into all this? Lawyer?

13. Captaindemotion

Yeah, they're going to revamp David E. Kelley's take on WW where she was an attorney.

14. Green Lantern

lol

It all makes perfect sense now! :P

15. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Ladies and gentlemen, presenting America's greatest symbol of hope and optimism:

*sigh* :rolleyes:

16. davejames

I think it's a safe bet the entire movie won't be as dark and moody as that.

17. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Yeah, it'll probably be much more light and upbeat, like the last Superman movie. How many people died in that one, again? 2-3 Million on Earth (ballparking what turning Metropolis into a parking lot would cause, based on what it would do to NYC, plus the fun on the other side of the planet) plus whatever the population of Krypton was. I dunno, go light on the Krypton part and just say an even Billion? Could easily be several times that, but even at that number, the movie was obviously not a Kal-El/Zod buddy comedy ;)

18. Serveaux

Serveaux Fleet Admiral Premium Member

Looks great.

BTW, most Americans - or people anywhere else - don't look to comic book characters or other fantasy fiction to embody "hope and inspiration." Never have. Fans always look at this stuff through the wrong end of the telescope, assuming that what matters to them is the default for most people.

19. davejames

Not to mention that Superman can still be a positive and inspirational hero regardless of what kind of setting he's in. It's not like he suddenly ceases to be inspirational the second he leaves bright and sunny Metropolis.

20. Theophilus

Theophilus Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

So the picture clearly puts him on a rooftop in Gotham. I wouldn't mind if the story takes him there because of the villain and he happens to cross paths with Batman. I don't want Superman hunting Batman because that would be an insult to the intelligence of both characters.

The picture just screams Zac Snyder's Suckerpunch too.

Guh.