Smallville 10x04 (#200!!!) "Homecoming" - Discussion and Spoilers

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Trekker4747, Oct 15, 2010.

?

Grade the episode:

1. Superman! (Excellent)

28 vote(s)
    58.3%
  2. Red-Blue Blur (Good)

11 vote(s)
    22.9%
  3. The Blur (Average)

6 vote(s)
    12.5%
  4. Kal (Bad)

3 vote(s)
    6.3%
  5. SuperMope (Terrible)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

^
    I prefer how Smallville has done Brainiac...This was a very nice thing I hope they get Marsters back to do something later...maybe Brainiac 5 can be involved with the Booster Gold story later in the season.

2. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Michael is from the 26th century though I think so I'm not sure how. You know what would have made this episode even more perfect? If they had Future Lois say to Clark "Should I call Bruce?"

3. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

Brainiac would be aware of Booster taking a ring and let it play out till he needs to step in...I really want to see Marsters again as B5.

A Batman nod would be great but they(PSW) don't seem to willing to slip it in.

4. Admiral_Young

Nope can't violate the all imposing embargo! Booster doesn't use the same time traveling technology that the Legion uses (which Brainy invented by the way). In my "Smallville" re-write that I'll post, Clark encounters Brainy and the Legion much earlier than he did in the actual show and they actually make reoccurring appearances.

5. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

For half a second that's exactly who I thought Oliver was going to talk about when he brought up JFK.... Which in itself was also a nice direction to go in.

What I am amazed about is that Welling knows!

Welling knows that his Clark is a Deush which is why his Superman was looking down his nose at the boy in the elevator.

Hope renewed.

6. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

I am sure they will adapt something to fit in with Smallville's continuity...I just felt we would see Brainiac 5...sometime in the future after seeing this ep.

7. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

who was the lady with the voodoo doll again? there have been so many freak of the week episodes i dont remember her at all. i barely remember bug boy.

8. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

^
    She was created just for this ep...we haven't seen her before.

[edit]

[​IMG]

:cool:

9. Admiral_Young

This needs to be captioned. Present Clark: Look at how stuck up I am!!! Future Clark: I really was a douche!

10. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

I don't care what anyone says...after this ep I believe Tom Welling could pull off being a great Superman/Clark Kent in a movie. :D

[edit] Even though I have had my problems with Erica Durance over the past 2 seasons...she would make a great Lois Lane in a movie. :)

11. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

Is that straight from the episode? It's funny how you can see a seam right down the middle, I don't know if that's coincidental or actually exposing the technique.

12. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

^
    It is straight from the episode...I didn't notice the seam before but now that you mention it I see it. :shrug:

13. lennier1

lennier1 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Just gotta love it.
    The episode had a real honest-to-god Superman moment AND James Marsters!!!

14. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

Me too. I mean... I wouldn't go either.

I didn't know you could do that.

It looked like they dropped her storyline. She was about to stab the doll out of bitterness, then Brainiac did something, then she was all nice to Clark when he showed up. What was going on? I must have missed something.

:rommie:

I was surprised at how different he looked a decade ago. I thought he hadn't changed but he did. He looks better now. His eyes, nose and lips aren't too big for his face anymore.

I had the same thought.

Wasn't the 100th episode the one where Pa Kent died? My how time flies.

Lex went though this too in the episode "Lexmas".

Yeah, he does.

And she knocked the pilot out with her elbow. How will she explain that? :wtf:

Now that you mention it... :rommie:

Would have been weird if she wasn't standing on his feet and he started levitating while in a daze. Like falling-asleep-during-sex weird.

Booster Gold? Looking forward to seeing him.

This episode really made Ollie into a Bruce clone. If they ever did put Bruce in now, he'd seem redundant.

I'd love to see him in a Superman movie.

I've never had a problem with her.

By the way, she looked great in that sun dress. Very distracting.

15. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

^
    Erica always looks hot...I just don't like the way her character(Lois) has be handled the last 2 seasons...she tends to overshadow Clark...which is makes no sense because this isn't about the adventures of Lois Lane...it is about Clark Kent becoming Superman.

16. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

[​IMG]

Smallville Clark: You seeing the seam in the split screen too?

Future Clark: Yeah, it's 2010 how the hell did they fuck that up?

Last edited: Oct 16, 2010
  17. Chess Piece Face

Chess Piece Face Commodore Commodore

This episode was fantastic. Finally they gave us more of what we wanted...the "I Love You", the getting over the past, the future stuff...it was all GREAT. I can't wait to see them continue to move forward and I only hope we don't get the flights and tights in the last 30 seconds of the finale.

18. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

I've always assumed we wouldn't see Superman until the last shot of the last episode. Expecting otherwise is just setting yourself up for disappointment.

This show was never supposed to be THE NEW, NEW ADVENTURES OF SUPERMAN.

19. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

20. Roshi

Roshi Admiral Admiral

Good God! Welling kept the glasses more than 7 seconds!!!