Power Rangers

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by SG-17, Aug 7, 2010.

1. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

They're still using goseiger terms

[​IMG]

Morpher is the gosei morpher as opposed to the " tensouder"

http://www.rangerboard.com/showthread.php?t=156635

2. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm fine with the terms, as long as the story is different, and done well. Sometimes its cool to hear Sentai terms (like the Go-Onger RV in RPM).

3. Stephen!

Stephen! Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Seems logical. Then they can just use the cards, without having to edit them.

[​IMG]

4. Samurai8472

5. Samurai8472

Copyright for the next Sentai has been leaked

http://henshinjustice.com/2012/09/05/the-next-super-sentai-series-is/

[​IMG]

"Beast Electric Dinosaurs"

We should have more details around December.

6. Stephen!

New PR game for iOS devices.

http://www.slidetoplay.com/story/power-rangers-legends-hands-on-preview

[​IMG]

7. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

^ That looks really good.

8. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

A free-to-play 3D fighting game played on a touch screen that's based on a licensed property? Game of the Year for sure.

9. Samurai8472

Just revealed at a toy expo in Japan. Bye Bye wallet.

Dragon Ranger figuart

[​IMG]

New picture of TyrannoRanger

[​IMG]

For those that don't know. Figuarts are highly detailed 5.5 inch figures ranging from 40 dollars to 80 dollars.

Sometimes there are figures that are "exclusive" meaning you need someone in Japan to buy it for you.

I hope Dragon Ranger isn't exclusive.

In the last few years, Bandai has branched off into Sentai figuarts.

The MMPR red ranger was showcased at NYCC this month. Green Ranger/Dragon Ranger was just revealed.

10. Samurai8472

Name of the 2013-2014 next Sentai series was revealed on September 5th

Yesterday in Japan a meeting with large toy store chains and Bandai Of Japan was held. They're being informed of the new toys for the 1st quarter of 2013.

Press flier handed out. It's blurry because it's not meant for the public to see. Sometimes we get really good images of the press flier

Logo

[​IMG]

Team

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Aparently due to the current super sentai "Go-busters" doing horribly in ratings Toei the company that makes the Super Sentai series went with a safe theme.

Everyone loves dinos.

11. Mark_Nguyen

Mark_Nguyen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Is it really doing horribly? It would be a tough act to follow Gokaiger in any case...

I know I'm quite enjoying it, but it's as much because it's a departure in many ways from the standard sentai formulae. OTOH, I'm a sucked for the more paramilitary/police sentai, as I liked Dekaranger (and SPD was the last Rangers series I watched/liked).

Mark

12. Stephen!

It's supposedly more popular with older viewers, rather than the younger ones.

13. Samurai8472

Scott T Hards the owner of HobbyLinkJapan attended Bandai of Japan's toy store press event for "Kyoryuger"

He tweeted this from what he heard a Bandai pr

[​IMG]

14. Mark_Nguyen

Mark_Nguyen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Can't say I'm surprised, then; being an older fan, I've had my fill of the kitschy kiddy sentai days. Still a place for it of course, but not as much my cuppa.

That said, I wonder if the zigzag teeth pattern on the chest of the new guys is a deliberate callback to the same thing on the Zyuranger main mecha's chest?

Mark

15. Stephen!

16. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

I just don't much care for the Zord designs these past few years. They used to have much more elegance to them, at least in some seasons.

And sometimes I wish I'd stuck with Japanese classes in college so I'd know how to read the language.

17. Freman

Freman Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

So, Super Samurai is done. What did everybody think of the last episode? (Minus the Christmas special, of course.)

18. Christopher

I thought the climax of having the Rangers unmorph in the Megazord cockpit and sacrifice Zords one by one to get to the final strike was fairly novel. Otherwise, it was rather disappointing -- just "keep hitting the bad guy harder until he falls," relying on brute force and determination to win rather than cleverness or compassion or something. I was expecting that they'd defeat Xandred by connecting to the fragment of Dayu's human side that was within him and somehow empower her so that her humanity would destroy Xandred from the inside. Instead, we just got a larger than usual but otherwise by-the-numbers fight sequence. (And why were they so surprised when he came back to life in giant form? When has that not happened?)

Not to mention that at the end of part 1, Xandred said he was going to capture Lauren and use her as a hostage to force the Rangers to submit. That was even included in the recap here. But it was completely ignored. Xandred and his goons just seemed to be out for an afternoon stroll when the Rangers confronted him. And Lauren, the World's Blondest Alleged Samurai, didn't really do anything but give Jayden an "ultimate weapon" that he used up before the ultimate battle. So she was more or less irrelevant here.

It was nice to see Jason Narvy return as Skull and have a reunion with Bulk, but their scene was far too isolated, having no connection to the rest of the story. I was hoping we'd get to see Bulk & Spike reach the culmination of their journey and actually play a role helping to get civilians to safety in the climactic battle. I wanted to see them really step up and accomplish something heroic. (Their attempt to gum up the crack in the world a few weeks ago didn't really count, since it was the Rangers who stopped it and B&S only thought they'd done it.) Instead, we just get an isolated comedy scene. It highlights the problem with the whole Bulk/Spike character arc this season -- and with the approach of adapting the Sentai scripts too exactly. B&S had to be tacked onto a story they had no place in, and they rarely connected to it in any real way.

I hope the next season improves on some of the writing weaknesses of this one, and isn't so slavish to the Sentai.

19. Samurai8472

More 1st quarter catalog pictures. Batteries will be the gimmick item next year

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The main robo is made up of 3 dinos. The other two dinos will act as attachments.

There might be a 6th dino that combines the extra two dinos

Zactor

[​IMG]

Parasagan

[​IMG]

Auxiliary mecha -Ankidon

[​IMG]

Core dinos are named Gabutyra (Red), Stegotchi (Blue) and Dricera (Pink).

No yellow ranger in the first time in 27 years

Green's dino is a Velociraptor

Blacks is Parasagan

The morpher/changer is a gun next year.

20. Christopher

...Samba Rhythm? :wtf: