What Is/Was Your Most Anticipated Premiere (Old or New) This Fall?

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Spot's Meow, Oct 19, 2011.

1. Spot's Meow

Spot's Meow Vice Admiral Admiral

The title says it all. Whether it was a new show or a returning favorite, what premiere were you most anticipating on television this fall?

For me it is Bones, which starts in a couple of weeks. I got into this show over Netflix instant watch about a year ago and I am finally caught up to the current season. Now I can't wait to see more of the show, having to wait until November has been difficult!

I've also been looking forward to The Walking Dead for what seems like forever, so glad it's finally back. On another note I was also anticipating Our America with Lisa Ling (on the Oprah channel) because I felt that it had a very strong first season with a great documentary style.

As for new shows, I was most looking forward to Revenge, which has not disappointed. But as I said, the hardest wait of all has been for Bones! What about you?

2. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

For me, it was The Walking Dead. I never expected to love a show about Zombies, of all things, but I found the first reason really gripping and well-plotted.

I was also eager to see Supernatural return, as I was really intrigued by last season's cliffhanger.

3. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

Old: The Walking Dead. Just saw the premiere last night, it kicked zombie ass! :D (And I'm not a zombie fan, either, but this show has just the right mix of character development vs serialized plotline vs intense terror/action.)

New: Hell on Wheels. Hasn't premiered yet (early Nov).

4. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

"Community" and "Castle". Also was looking forward to "The Walking Dead".

5. Owain Taggart

Owain Taggart Vice Admiral Admiral

Boardwalk Empire and Being Erica.

6. Cicero

Cicero Admiral Admiral

Prime Suspect

7. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

The Vampire Diaries & The Secret Circle.

[edit] MLP FiM! :D

8. trekkiebaggio

trekkiebaggio Vice Admiral Admiral

Returning - The Walking Dead

New - Terra Nova

9. Alrik

Alrik Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Hawaii Five-O. Waited all summer to see how they would salvage the team. Wasn't disapointed either. :bolian:

10. Ometiklan

Ometiklan Captain Captain

New: Hell on Wheels (soon)
    Homeland
    Awake (mid-season)

Returning: Dexter

11. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

Speaking of midseason, that's when a lot of shows debut that I'm very interested in: Awake, The River, Alcatraz, Touch, Smash.

Of those, I'm most interested in....I guess I'll call it a tie between Awake and Smash.

12. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

Old: Dexter
    New: American Horror Story

13. 23skidoo

23skidoo Admiral Admiral

I've found myself surprisingly uninterested in 99% of the fall shows. I thought I'd want to watch Pan Am, but the night it premiered I decided to read or play a DVD instead. Person of Interest? Couldn't be bothered. I've got recordings of 2 Broke Girls which I'm interested in for 2 reasons belonging to Kat Dennings but I haven't bothered to watch them, even. I might have gotten back into Nikita, but the Blu-ray I bought was defective so I'm waiting for Warner Bros to send me a replacement copy so I can't watch the new season till I finish with the old... Fringe? Still have to watch the rest of my Season 2 DVDs, never mind Season 3.

Doctor Who's second half is really the only "fall" show I bothered with this year, and it's over now.

That said, I am interested in the two fairy tale-related shows coming up - Once Upon a Time and Grimm. Both sound interesting. But now I find I'm at a function tomorrow night when one of those (I forget which) is set to premiere, and so I may or may not get round to watching it.

I must be getting old.

Alex

14. Borgminister

Borgminister Admiral Moderator

I'm curious about Grimm...

Fringe, Walking Dead and Dexter were up there...