Trek guest actors in maybe surprising roles

Discussion in 'Star Trek - The Original & Animated Series' started by Maurice, Mar 12, 2013.

1. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

The UNCLE episode I saw today, "The Round Table Affair," featured a romance between Valora Noland, who was Daras in "Patterns of Force," and Don Francks, who was the first actor to play Boba Fett, doing his voice in The Star Wars Holiday Special and later reprising it in the Droids animated series. (He was also Sabretooth in the '90s X-Men animated series and several video games. And apparently he's known from La Femme Nikita, but I never got into that show.)

2. Push The Button

Push The Button Commodore Commodore

Both Spiner and Frakes appeared in episodes of Hill Street Blues.

Though the thread is about Trek guest actors, I'll mention that The Big Bang Theory currently seems to be the place for former Trek regulars. George Takei, Leonard Nimoy (voice only), LeVar Burton, Wil Wheaton (multiple episodes) and Brent Spiner have all made guest appearances. (Wil Wheaton's house number in one episode is shown to be 1701)

3. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

I think Warehouse 13 is giving BBT a run for its money in the Trek alumni sweepstakes: Brent Spiner, Kate Mulgrew, Jeri Ryan, and Rene Aubojonois all have recurring roles, while Armin Shimmerman has guested as well.

It amuses me to no end that Pete's mom is Janeway and his ex-wife is Seven of Nine . . . .

Last edited: Dec 20, 2013
  4. Christopher

And of course Warehouse 13 regular Saul Rubinek played Data's abductor in TNG's "The Most Toys," so having him interact with Spiner in one of the season arcs was sort of a reunion there.

Oh, and don't forget that Faran Tahir, aka Captain Robau, is one of the Regents.

5. Greg Cox

I knew I'd forgotten somebody!

6. Forbin

Forbin Fleet Admiral Admiral

And in a non Trek yet still genre aside, Lindsay Wagner has a recurring role. I think it's cool that Jamie Murray, who is also a semi-regular as H.G. Wells, was named after the Bionic Woman because her father was a fan, and then she got to work with her namesake.

7. Christopher

^Actually that's Jaime Murray, which is what really gives away that she was named for Jaime Sommers, since it's an unusual spelling of the name. (I gather it was actually the result of a spelling error Lindsay Wagner made when writing the character's name, which was supposed to be Jamie, on a chalkboard.)

Warehouse 13 is a treasure trove of genre actors. It's had Aaron Ashmore (Smallville's Jimmy Olsen), C.C.H. Pounder (Justice League's Amanda Waller and still the only actress to do the role justice onscreen), Mark Sheppard, Amy Acker, Anthony Michael Hall (The Dead Zone), Sasha Roiz, Tia Carrere, and Kelly Hu. Plus Roger Rees, but I hesitate to list him as a genre actor, because his main prior SF credit was M.A.N.T.I.S. and he deserves better than that be defined by that.

8. Greg Cox

And let's not forget James Marsters and Anthony Stewart Head from BUFFY (and elsewhere).

9. Christopher

I meant to list Head, but he got lost in the shuffle somehow. And I'd forgotten about Marsters. Should we count Polly Walker too? She and Roiz both came from Caprica.

10. Greg Cox

I do sometimes wonder if WH13 does their casting at Comic-Con . . .

How they've missed John DeLancie or Wil Wheaton I'll never know, although I suppose they still have one more half-season to rectify those omissions! :)

11. Christopher

^Well, Wil Wheaton had a recurring role in the last couple of seasons of Eureka, which crossed over with W13 and thus was supposedly in the same universe. So unless Dr. Isaac Parrish gets a job at the Warehouse, I doubt we'd see Wheaton.

(Then again, Saul Rubinek played a scientist in a first-season Eureka before getting the W13 gig.)

12. Greg Cox

And Joe Morton appeared on WH13 as a character other than his Eureka character.

13. Shaka Zulu

Shaka Zulu Commodore Commodore

Steve Inhat also appeared as a state legislator in a few episodes of the almost lost TV show Slattery's People, as seen here:

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWQS__AWeXE&noredirect=1[/yt]

14. Maurice

Maurice Snagglepussed Admiral

15. Forbin

Forbin Fleet Admiral Admiral

It Takes a Thief, Season 2, episode 1, "One Night in Soledade".

The episode begins with a twofer - Madlyn Rhue (Space Seed) attempts to poison Logan Ramsey (Bread and Circuses):

[​IMG]

Later, Al is assigned by his boss, series regular Malachi Throne (The Menagerie) to work with guest agent/babe Nancy Kovack (A Private Little War):

[​IMG]

:)

16. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

Just caught a brief appearance by Ian (Mr. Atoz) Wolfe in the Wonder Woman pilot (1975).

17. Christopher

I just saw Man from UNCLE's "The Minus-X Affair," which has Theo Marcuse and a young Paul Winfield. Also King Moody, who was Shtarker in Get Smart and Ronald McDonald in commercials from 1975-84.

18. EnsignHarper

EnsignHarper Captain Captain

That's some serious residual money there, when you consider how many Ronald McDonald commercials Mickey D's made in those 9 years.

19. Shaka Zulu

Shaka Zulu Commodore Commodore

Kuter was also Enduran in the 1984 movie The Last Starfighter.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kC2m39OJK40[/yt]

20. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ And Xur, in the same film, was also a Klingon on TNG.