Okay, how should I follow Twitter?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by AntonyF, Jan 4, 2010.

1. propita

propita Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I don't do Twitter--no idea how to "do" it and not sure why I would want to.

I have a Facebook account because I was told by family/friends to get one, but no idea what to do with it. I don't want to post pictures of myself on the web or the details of my life--and don't have any idea how to anyway. My sister wastes hours and hours on "Farm"--time I don't have right now. I spend enough time here.

2. Small White Car

Small White Car Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

As Robert said, reading the main timeline doesn't need synchronization. It's just like reading a blog. You see the morning post on your computer in the morning then you open up your cell phone at lunch and see the newest posts...nothing to sync, really.

The one place that isn't true is if people send you messages. In that case then it's exactly like using POP e-mail on multiple devices. I see 2 messages on my cell phone, read them, and the 'new' tag goes away. Then I open up my computer and see the same 2 messages still as 'new.'

So in that case, yeah, it's kind of annoying. But sending messages directly to users is not the main function of Twitter. It's like the PMs here on the Trek Board. You use them, but probably not as much as you use the actual threads, right?