The Defiant (Trek Themed Yacht)

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Soran77, May 25, 2014.

1. Soran77

Soran77 Captain Captain

I know this isn't exactly trek, But the ship name is a Star Trek reference. What do you all think, this is my first attempt at a yacht!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Shat Happens

Shat Happens Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I think it looks too friendly to have the name Defiant.

But again, I dont know shit about boats and boat designs. :D

3. NervousEnergy

NervousEnergy Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

It sort of looks like it would topple over in a storm.

4. USS Triumphant

USS Triumphant Vice Admiral Admiral

If I ever become just insanely, obscenely wealthy, I want to have a large yacht or small oceanliner built that looks just like the Akira-class:

[​IMG]

but with whatever additional compartments would be necessary below that so that when afloat on steady seas, it looks just like that ship is sitting on top of the surface.

Imagine the look on people's faces as you go cruising by the coast or pass their ship going the other way in *that*. :D

5. Soran77

Soran77 Captain Captain

I looked at a lot of reference photos, I didn't base the design on one exactly, but there were a lot of boats that looked top heavy too. Besides it was my first try, I'm not going to stop designing starships, but I think I'm going to add boat design to my portfolio. :)

6. Spider-Man

Spider-Man Ensign

Cool idea. I've always thought the NX-01 design would make a great design for a large hovercraft. The "nacelles" are turbines and the saucer sits in the water. One of my "if I win the Mega Millions lottery" dreams is to commission a luxury hovercraft that looks like either the Enterprise 1701 or NX-01. With the Constitution design, the "engineering" section would be submerged and would actually serve as the location of the engines, with the turbines above water and the saucer home to the bridge/living quarters/etc.

7. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

A Voyager-size/shape airship might be doable. No nacelle supports that are too thin.

The secondary hull's nave deflector a viewport with blue plastic.