New Webcomic Serial

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Mark 2000, Apr 3, 2013.

1. Mark 2000

Mark 2000 Captain Captain

Unbelievably nobody in the history of the internet ever bought trekcomic.com, so I did. I've decided to start a webcomic based on some scripts I wrote while working on Klingon Propaganda.

So check it out. I'll be trying to update it on a weekly schedule. Using the RSS link is your best bet.

http://www.trekcomic.com.

[​IMG]

2. Avon

Avon Commodore Commodore

captain sam waterston!

3. reanimatedfish

reanimatedfish Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

That looks absolutely phenomenal. I've been waiting for this sort of web comic for a long time.

4. B.J.

B.J. Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Very cool! I love the art style, and the Romulan War era definitely draws my interest too! :techman:

And I didn't know you were behind that Klingon propaganda video. Nice work on that!

5. Mark 2000

Ha! He was designed as a mix of Barry Russo and Popeye. I guess that does equal Sam Waterston, but with less eyebrows.

The Romulan war will only be in the first serial. I plan to skip between eras and casts with each series. This will actually be a look at how the Romulan war ended.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2013
  6. trekriffic

trekriffic Commander Red Shirt

Loved the Klingon Propaganda vid. Good luck on your comic book project. I like your style.

7. Kaiser

Kaiser Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Awesome :)

also Your video is Awesome :3

8. Horizon

Horizon Commander Red Shirt

An excellent start. I've definitely added this to my "comics" bookmarks.

9. Albertese

Albertese Commodore Commodore

Awesome! I love ... paper-y it feels...

Cool Stuff!

--Alex

10. Patrickivan

Patrickivan Fleet Captain Newbie

Looks good!

And thank you for leaving the m/arcs in the "power pods" where they belong.. I.e. in the nacelles!

11. smalltalk66

smalltalk66 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Great work, Mark! We used to have a webcomic thread here, but it seemingly died. Maybe it was too hard to continue one long story...
    Hey, how about a single webcomic thread where everyone contributes his or her individual strips? Different varieties of short stories/strips/pages might keep another thread going.

Smalltalk

12. B.J.

Er, maybe I missed something, but where did you get that from?

13. Admiral2

Admiral2 Admiral Admiral

Matt Jefferies himself. When he was first thinking up the design he thought (quote) "The engines are dangerous, so they ought to be kept out of the way somewhere." So Matt Jefferies' Original Intent was for power to the ship to come from the nacelles ("power pods" in his notations) and not from a single reactor inside any populated part of the ship. The creator talks about this on the "About" page of the web site.

Back on topic: Pretty nice comic.

14. B.J.

^Ah. I knew about Jefferies' assumptions, didn't know how that applied here. Apparently the entire top banner, including any indications of links, doesn't load for me at work. Firewall fun, I suppose.

15. Mark 2000

No red menu bar? That's troublesome. Why would a firewall block a div called "mymenu" and nothing else?

16. Mark_Nguyen

Mark_Nguyen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

This is great stuff. Reminds me a lot of Rex Morgan MD in terms of reading it - I can see exactly this in my daily newspaper. Well done!

Mark

17. Patrickivan

Patrickivan Fleet Captain Newbie

Thanks Admiral2- I was just going to make something up ;), but that sums most of it up. TOS also made reference to them a couple of times suggesting that was the case. I posted a thread a while ago citing quotes from the show. Essentially I just copied every single quote into a PDF and did key word searchs (eg- power- pod- engine- warp- et c...)

And hopefully B.J. can open the rest of the page. It's pretty neat. I wished there was more. Oh well. :)

18. B.J.

It's also blocking the top banner (which I very much like!), but I wouldn't worry too much about it. Considering that I work for a defense contractor, our firewall can be a bit overzealous at times.

19. Mark 2000

Last edited: Apr 6, 2013